Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I guess the Treo 666 will have MS Windows...?

Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I am very upset. I was going for a 2005 on 160 x 160, no blue tooth, no wifi.

Already they ruined my low tech experience with the recorder. Fortunately the update requires 7 megs which no one has and it crashes the whole thing.

Repeat after me: 160 x 160 is it! No to hi res, no to gay marriage!

I don't want an upgrade, I love living in 1998 technologie!

I want my camera blue, low low res, fuzz is the answer.

How dare they upgrade? Look at Sony they had the res and they are out of business.

(Bizarro world)
    Amen to that brother. Even further I may add, the screen manufacturing is now worst than ever. Got a brand new phone manufactured last month and boy the screen suckes. The only good screen was from HS. palm one is shi*. :-)
    Sorry gfunkmagic I missed your post #12 correcting your earlier rantings...
    mgauss

So true, so true. I'd have to trade in my horn-rimmed glasses and white socks if they upgrade the screen. Gee, that super sharp 240x320 active matrix on the new Toshiba Sprint phone is just a figment of my imagination. It just has to be killing the battery to actually be able to SEE the pictures it take. Ah, that's it - at 160x160 you don't know how TRULY crappy the pictures are you're taking with their camera - BRILLIANT!

What will they think of next...earphone jacks on the BOTTOM of the phone so it has trouble sitting in your pocket when plugged in...or maybe an SDIO slot that DOESN'T support SDIO because of a lack of juice...or maybe a non-removable battery...or...

All joking aside - I love this thing because it's the best out there now - it's just that they need to do better than go half-way this next time or the pack will lap them.
  6.    #26  
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbear
    I guess the Treo 666 will have MS Windows...?

That must be the Devil's Treo? (666)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    I am very upset. I was going for a 2005 on 160 x 160, no blue tooth, no wifi.

Already they ruined my low tech experience with the recorder. Fortunately the update requires 7 megs which no one has and it crashes the whole thing.

Repeat after me: 160 x 160 is it! No to hi res, no to gay marriage!

I don't want an upgrade, I love living in 1998 technologie!

I want my camera blue, low low res, fuzz is the answer.

How dare they upgrade? Look at Sony they had the res and they are out of business.

(Bizarro world)
    Actually, I think you're finally starting to understand the point we've made to you before. Hi-res, bluetooth and wifi on a pda are not important features for selling large quantities of pda's. The important features for selling units are the ones the Treo has. If the Treo is 1998 as you say, then Sony is 1996. Sony PDA's have:

- no phone
    - no wireless web browsing
    - no voice recorder
    - no usable keyboard
    - no SD capability- who wants to use their proprietary, more expensive/less capacity memory stick when SD technology is at 1 GB now, will be up to 2 GB next year, and 4 GB the following?

The pieces the Clie has over the Treo can all be found on the current P1 Tungsten and Zire lines for a fraction of the cost with models that have much better keyboards. The next version of the Treo will have many of these features probably incorporated as well. Sony saw all this and realized they could no longer offer ANY value add-ons over the less expensive P1 line and sell at the high margins they were used to.

Sony was ahead in certain areas a few years ago but P1 has caught up and surpassed them.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  9. Mordeloth
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzman
    Just visited Sprint store yesterday. Salesrep told me the same thing. I was inquiring about upgrading my 300 to a 600. He said to 'wait' a short while as a better one was just about to be released..... Maybe this is the same as the camerless one that's allegedly available thru the business connection but he stressed that the new one was going to have significantly better call quality. Guess we'll have to wait and see.........
    They're probably just tired of irate customers storming in with their defective Treos ;-)
    I called Sprint earlier this week because I wanted to inquire about a camerless Treo 600 (I just started working in a high security company and they do not allow cameras in the building). Anyway, he searched his inventory and could not find the cameraless treo. I told him that I knew that they did exist. He did some further research and said that they did, indeed, exist, but the Sprint warehouse did not have any in stock.

Anyway, i talked to him a little bit longer because I really wanted to locate a Camerless version. He continued to search and found some information about Sprint not ordering any new Treo 600s. He said the "end of life" for this product was (I believe) in October. He said there was a new Treo replacing it, and it was called the Treo 650.

I laughed because I know HOW conroversial it is to "CLAIM" that the new Treo 610, 650, or Ace is just on the horizon. I explained to him that there was some very ANXIOUS people on an online forum who just can't wait for this supposed new phone to come out. He didn't seem too interested and repeated that this new phone is supposed to be out by late October. He did say that it is an EXPECTED launch date, and so it could be delayed.

Anyway, Treocentral members, take this information and do whatever you want with it.

P.S. I ended up finding the camerless version of the Sprint Treo 600 on Treocentral!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Yep, now all we have to do is have Treocentral have pre orders for Treo 650 and it will be confirmed
    "end of life" lol Armageddon 600
    oh what! There can't be un upgrade to the treo 600 already! I only had mine a month

In fact, some states of Australia don't even have this one in store yet
    And how do you like it?
    I can believe that the new one will be out end of Oct but there is no way any 600 will be end of lifed by then. Especially the cameraless one since it like just came out about two months ago. BTW, I noticed about a month ago that the 270 and 300 are no longer available on P1's website. I'm guessing that the 600 will be the low end Treo model soon.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.

This ACE rumor starts to rival the second coming ...

Just in case anybody still not getting it: It will have shinier paint job and different screen. Maybe scented box come along with it too. Voila....New and improved treo600.

(What constitute improvements would be next generation OS, inclusion of WiFi and offering new significant capability.)
    Quote Originally Posted by suskind

(What constitute improvements would be next generation OS, inclusion of WiFi and offering new significant capability.)
    huh
    Suskind, I think I remember a Treo ACE in the movie out this spring...it was The Passion of the Christ if I remember right so it has to be treated like the second coming. I think, again if my memory serves me well, that Pilate had a Treo ACE and communicated to Herrod via bluetooth.
    My understanding from the Sprint EMM people is that the camera-free 600 has a different SKU in the Sprint system, but doesn't have a separate Treo model number. I'm also pretty sure that the camera-free 600 has to be gotten through the business channels rather than through the typical retail centers.

It's entirely possible that the rumored ACE unit will, in fact, become a model with a number of 650. I don't think that palmOne would formally name a Treo unit "ACE" for anything but internal codenaming. An end of October release would seem realistic for Sprint with the GSM companies to follow and Verizon sometime next year. That pretty much follows the roll-out timeframe of the 600 last year.

As for the Sprint 600 being already listed as end-of-life this soon, it seems a little premature for them to stop ordering hardware unless they have a ton on hand already. Given the production issues palmOne has had, I wouldn't think they were overstocked.
    ----------------------------------
    Mike Lohsl

Handheld Evangelist
    Sprint Treo 600

From The Mind of Mike...
    Wouldn't (shouldn't?) these companies have that all figured in? Wouldn't they buy 600s at a rate and schedule with the idea in mind that a replacement is coming at such and such a date?
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY$BOBBY$
    Was just talking to sprint today asking about upgrading to the treo 600 from the treo 300 and was told by the sales rep that a treo 650 will be coming out on sprint in a few months, i think she said 2 month.

She said it will have a faster processor and bluetooth and a better camera. She sounded like she knew what she was talking about, but you truly never know. The funny thing was is that I never even asked about a newer model, she just happened to mention it to me.

Just figured i would drop this one on you all to keep us thinking, it may truly be just another rumor, or she's confused with the supposed 610.

Ps: i can't upgrade and save the $150.00 rebate until 18 months

Take care.

I guess that lady knew what she was talking about, I still wonder though if it will be called a 610 or 650 or whatever.
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast