Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I always wore my 270 around my neck. I've missed being able to do that with the smaller 600.

I rather like the idea of making rossoneri a necklace for his lcd monitor though. I'm going to offer to make him one for a boat anchor too, and then take him fishing. <eg>
    I always thought the string was to wrap around the wrist while carrying it in your hands. The idea about wearing it around the neck never crossed my mind....hmmmmm.
    Treo 600 GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    what in the f...k!?! what kinda moron would want to wear it around their neck? who do you think you are? Flavor Flav from public enemy? I thought wearing it on your belt is bad enough - but AROUND YOUR NECK?

Thanks for the laugh. me and my colleagues are having a great time with your post hahaha.
    Insensitive? Ha! Thanks for the hearty laugh! A piece of jewelry the Treo is not.
    man, a lot of people took offense to my comments. obviously I wasn't referring to someone who is using the necklace-phone as a means of convenience because they are physically challenged. What I was referring to is the constant need for attention by the "bling-bling" generation. anyway, enjoy your necklaces!
    I am LMAO at this whole thread - great images and while I can see why people are getting bent I can't stop laughing at rossoneri's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    First prize for sensitivity and non-judgementalism to rossoneri
    I laughed so hard at that one I woke my kids up!

thank you all for a great thread
    Last edited by robotron; 06/01/2004 at 11:17 PM.
    Every phone I've ever owned had a lanyard or strap loop. One of my main complaints on the T6 is the lack of that little loop. Would I wear it around my neck? Considering I'm well over 6'4 and well over 400lbs, um... NO. But a strap would be nice.

Wanna wear it around your neck? Go get a tiny keyring at your locak auto parts store. Then get a strip of leather um.... 1" wide x 3" long. Put the key ring thru the leather strap, then crazy glue the crap out of the leather strap (making your own little key fob). Then crazy glue the back of the leather strap (which is now 1/5" long x 1" wide) to to the back of the phone.

Yes, I agree it's a craptastic idea. I was board.
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths.
    Did you all miss Rossoneri's avatar? It says it all.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    I wonder if rossenori has been victimized before, thus why he needs to hide his Treo in that little aluminium case of his.
    Prank.. I saw a post on here a while back where someone removes the SMALL rubber plug in the rear, under the antena and then drilles a small hole in the case and used that as a lanyard.

Ross... I guess you never leave your small world...if you ever go overseas, you'll see that there are cultures (and I don't mean Hip Hop either, yo) that wear phones around their neck like someone at AnyTech wears their name tag. Not some people, but almost of the people there. It's not a bling deal, is a convienance deal.
    Alas! I have the perfect fix (didn't know how to spell soloution) for the lanyard/handstrap/necklace thingy!

Glue either one of these to the back of your treo
    https://secure7.nexternal.com/rivet/.../Fixed-Pin.jpg
    https://secure7.nexternal.com/rivet/...versal-Pin.jpg

Then hook up this
    https://secure7.nexternal.com/rivet/...cro%20clip.jpg

And badabing! You got your self a necklace or lanyard
    https://secure7.nexternal.com/shared...unt2=340720772
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord your God with all of your heart. Seek his will in all you do and He will direct your paths.
    Donald Nguyen, hope you're enjoying the case you bought, after I helped you making your choice in that other thread

again, enjoy your necklaces guys. i don't care. just because i think it's a dumb idea doesn't mean i haven't seen other cultures, live in a small world or have been victimized. ugh.
    i think its very odd to have a phone on a necklace too. this is my opinion. not making fun or ridiculing or putting anyone down here or stomping on cultures or backgrounds or ancestry or whatever ridiculous claim can be made.. just free speech here. i think its a bit strange, but hey, everyone has different wants and needs. to each their own.
    actually, what the hell, ill come out and say it.... its a bizarre idea... ive been trying to picture someone walking around with a treo 600 hanging from their neck. and ill be honest, it aint workin folks.

first of all,, the thing would for sure get heavy and weigh your neck down. seriously. it would become a pain in the *** very fast.

second, youd look as goofy as goofy can look and people would be making fun of you instantly.

necklaces look nice when you have dainty, elegant symbols suspended from attractive chains.

necklaces with phones strapped to them.. well, it looks stupid. sorry. i tried to visualize this.. but this is a BAD IDEA FOLKS. but if ya like, go for it.
    Hey, I had my Samsung I300 like a pendant on my chain.

... ok, no I didnt.

I think its kinda unpracticle as well. I was just trying to fit in.
    To quote American Psycho: "I just want to fit in" <smile>

I COULD not carry anything that heavy around my neck. That said, I dont have a holster, pouch, hardcase, or lanyard, and dont want one. I go rawdawg

I saw that thread long ago, with drilling, and running it thru the antenna, looks like the way to go. I would, if i wanted a strap that bad.
    Damn, the thought of drilling my Treo.
    -Treo 600 on Sprint
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I did this too, following these instructions. Not for a neck chain, but for a security strap so I don't drop my $600 smartphone!!!
    --jaslo
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    Donald Nguyen, hope you're enjoying the case you bought, after I helped you making your choice in that other thread

again, enjoy your necklaces guys. i don't care. just because i think it's a dumb idea doesn't mean i haven't seen other cultures, live in a small world or have been victimized. ugh.
    ....For me to **** on.

TheHandlessKing
    Dear Sirs,

I have been observing rossoneri, who don't seem to have better things to do. Or do you?

Almost every post is the same. Anyone catch my meaning?
    Dear Sirs,

I have been observing rossoneri, who don't seem to have better things to do. Or do you?

Almost every post is the same.

PS: Anyone catch what I mean?
    In summer, with pocketless problem, I use this:

Pic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12