• Handspring

13 65.00%
  • palm 1

7 35.00%
  1.    #1  
    Which would you buy and why?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    This question would imply that the devices are the same and the name of the manufacturer are different. If that is the case, who cares, I bought for what it is not who makes it. If you are implying that the devices are different based on the skill level of the two companies, then the answer is I dont know since I dont know enough obout either company.

You may want to add Undecided or Dont care to your list of selections if you want a more accurate tally.

rob
    Handspring was bought out by palm one all the newer treos are comming out with the palm one logo that is the difference the firmware should be upgraded on the palm one models
    I only clicked on this thread because I expected a "doesn't matter" choice to be in there. It's the same device. If you mean which company's logo do you happen to think is more aesthetically pleasing then I'd definately have to say handspring's, but that's a pretty trivial question. I also prefer the font HS used for the word treo opposed to P1. But beyond that, it really has no bearing on anything.
    I was looking for a doesn't matter selection as well!
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    I had to have my Handspring version replaced with a palmOne version. The center button of the 5-way was better on the Handspring version.
  7.    #7  
    Well, there is some kind difference....... the screen being one of them. I have read numerous posts about people having to take back there hs for a palm1 and complaing about the screen.

So, c'mon guys, Which one would you rather have???? A bright screen, or a dull screen? a handspring or a palm one? There is a difference other than the label
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor
    Well, there is some kind difference....... the screen being one of them. I have read numerous posts about people having to take back there hs for a palm1 and complaing about the screen.

So, c'mon guys, Which one would you rather have???? A bright screen, or a dull screen? a handspring or a palm one? There is a difference other than the label
    Ummm...not necessarily true. My coworker has a palm1 t6 and mine is handspring. His screen is awful, mine is damn good (for what it is). Is there a purpose to this poll? "who cares" should definitely be a choice...
  9.    #9  
    Listen, I go spend 600 on a phone, I better be getting the bright screen. It is a big deal to me. There is a difference, and a big one at that.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Kind of an irrelevant question since we don't really have a choice?! You either BOUGHT a Handspring version, or are BUYING a Palm version...OR, are having your HS version replaced by a Palm version.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  11.    #11  
    I have the choice to get either.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor
    Listen, I go spend 600 on a phone, I better be getting the bright screen. It is a big deal to me. There is a difference, and a big one at that.
    Yeah, the thing with the screens is that Palmone or Handspring or whoever has more than one supplier of screens. Apparently, when they qualified the screen vendors, they didnt take the blue tint into account, or they just lived with it since their choices were limited due to time constraints. I am sure that in each and every treo600, there are a number of suppliers for a number of components, some you see, some you dont see, but I dont believe that it has anything to do with whether Palmone made it or Handspring. At this point, Palmone just puts it together, most of the components are farmed out so...you get what you get

rob