1.    #1  
    What is the diff? And how do I tell which one I have?
    palmone treo 600s screens do not have the brightness that handspring screens have.
  3.    #3  
    So, that is the ONLY diff? If palm ones are older, is there any other things to look out for? Olser firmware or version a vs version b?
    PalmOne Treo 600's are the newer ones, and it's not true in all cases that Handspring units have a brighter screen.
  5.    #5  
    So which one is better???? The newer one, or the older one? Doesn't the brighter screen draing the battery more?
  6.    #6  
    Which ones report less troubles?
    P1 is outsourcing alternate suppiers to makeup for the shortage of lcd screens it encountered earlier for the treos. Thus, there might be some variations on the screen quality/brightness on later manufactured Treos vs earlier ones. Besides that, there really should be no significant differences...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    One apparent difference that I'm very happy about is the center button on the 5-way control.

My handspring unit had a center button with very little travel, zero tactile feedback, and much too much resistance. It was incredibly difficult to hit with my thumb or my nail, and I could never tell if it had taken (except by application feedback, which, under many circumstances, could be delayed or non existent.)

The PalmOne units I have, and have seen, have completely corrected all of my complaints: Travel, resistance, and feedback. After my former experience, it gives me a lot of pleasure, every time I use it.

Of course, I have no way of knowing if this was fully handled on, before, or after, the first appearance of the PalmOne label.

Pete