1.    #1  
    Mine broke where the hinge meets the top of the window.

So here is what I did...

Search the web for the strongest plastic glue. It is Loctite Quick Set Epoxy. Available at hardware stores. It is a dual tube glue that you mix after it comes out.

Push it out the dual tubes onto a paper plate. Get a toothpick and mix/stir it on the plate. stir it well for a minute, then use the toothpick to apply glue liberally to both sides of crack. DO NOT TRY TO PUT IT BACK ON TO THE SPRING HINGE YET, JUST SET THE BROKEN PARTS and let them hang. You will need to hold the broken parts together about five minutes per the directions. Let the piece harden/cure (literally) for 24 hours.

This glue is amazing, I think it might even be stronger than the plastic. I dries hard and clear. You may even fill any gaps in the plastic, if you do it early it will look good.
    Let the piece harden (literally) for 24 hours.

Now to assemble
    Get a small thin knife/blade and hold in the spring, when you push the spring in, it automatically defaults to the flip "open' position. So slide the flip over the knife/spring with the flip in the open position, the knife will slowly release the and open the spring into its hinge With the knife holding the spring in place the flip back on its hinge in the open position and slowly.

It has worked for mine.

Then I would suggest you get a leather cover for the phone (I got mine on ebay) and this will take some of the stress /wear and tear off the hinge and likely cover any glue mistake

Good luck.. Ya got nothing to loose
    Let me know if it works for you
    Thanks for the info, the same thing had happened to me whilst on holiday so when I came back I checked Treo Central, saw your message and followed your instructions. So far so good, I would like to thank you very much. Mel Jones.
    ...hope it holds... IMHO, the design of the hinge is a huge engineering blunder and given the forces placed on the right hand side of the hinge, it's 'always' going to break. They sure don't make 'em like they used to
    www.gsmworld.com
  4.    #4  
    Over a month of daily use and the glue is holding....
    So far so good...

In scrapping the excess glue, i think the dried glue might be stronger than the plastic Treo case itself...

and the leather cover prevents the hinge from snapping shut and locking, as has been implicated as a possible cause for the issue as the spring locks in the closed position

But wait.... could there be yet another option?

This just in to the Treo Central Newsroom.....
    yet another way to possibly repair??

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=52979

http://www.dummyphones.com/TREO_dummies.htm

Glad I could help....