Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    When the T600 first came out I jumped on it. Well within three weeks of owning the T6 I was getting out of the car as the T6 slip out of my hand. Now I own Suburban so of course it bounced off the frame, then the side step then for good measure toppled a couple of times end over end. That was seven months ago.
    So a thought came to me; it seams that nobody complains or post about Drops and Slips.
    Can Egrips and Krusell cases making that much of an impact? Doesn’t anyone drop the Ts? Of have we been conditioned to cling to the T600 tighter?
    i have dropped my treo loads of times but all have been inside on carpets so i was lucky. i have seen quite a few threads out this subject try search for dropped or something
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Dropped mine in a parking lot today. Thank goodness it was protected by the case I use. No problems to report. I was sweating bullets for a few minutes, though.
    use an innopocket case for max protection. for added protection, use egrips on the case.
    Mine has bounced off a sidewalk, a hardwood floor, and the office tile floor. Got a couple of very minor scratches on the plastic, no damage to the screen. Use a boxwave screen protecter and a pro clips holster. Used to use the krussell formfit case. Original T6 purchased early January. I'm pretty happy with how it is holding up.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I remember people complaining about the speaker buzzing. That was a while back. I never had a problem. Speaker always sounded fine. Until I dropped the sucker on a hardwood floor a few days ago. Durn. Now bass buzzes. I can press on the case and make it stop, but I can't seem to get this temporary fix to stick. Something came loose.
    I think I win the award for "Best Dropping of a Treo 600."

On a subway platfrom in Manhattan. Took Treo out to read email. Fell out of my hands. Went to grab it and, perfectly I might add, kicked it onto the subway tracks.

Approached the platfrom with dread in my heart. Looked down the tracks to see if there was a train approaching. Nothing. Without much consideration, jumped onto the tracks, picked up the Treo and hoisted myself back up onto the platform.

Besides the SD card coming out and a tiny ding on the antenna, not a single problem!

I don't condone jumping on the subway tracks, but come on - it's a Treo!
    LOL Nice one jbellny!

As for me, I don't use anything other than the included slip case. I average about one drop per month, the most intense of which was in the parkinglot by my workplace. The antenna took the brunt of the impact, and it kinda mashed the corner of the plastic on it a little bit. I just took a nail file to it and filed off the burrs, looks good as new.
    lol i can tell you now although i love my treo theres no way i m dieing for it but thats why i pay for insurance. but i do remember the very day i got back from buying the treo i had charged it up a bit in the car on the way home and when getting out of the car it flew out of my hand skidding across the concrete floor. it was really badly scratched and the camera nearly went but everything was ok and a couple of weeks later the speackerphone went so i got a new one.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I have dropped mine on concrete, hardwood floor and carpet and I cringe each time. Drops are inevitable. No real harm done so far. (Just hold on to your baby!)
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I have not dropped mine yet, mainly because I have a leash on mine and it's become a habit to wrap the leash on my fingers before the Treo comes out of my pocket.
    I had mine activated for 6 hours when I ran up a flight of stairs and it came flying out of the slipcase... I think that is why it is called a SLIPcase... anyway it would have been OK if it hit the bare step, but it landed on the black griptape on the stairs and scratched the front face a bit.

It was the most painful 15 seconds I have had in a while.

Now it never leaves my Covertec holster or satchel pouch when I am done using it.

eGrips sure help too!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbellny
    I think I win the award for "Best Dropping of a Treo 600."

On a subway platfrom in Manhattan. Took Treo out to read email. Fell out of my hands. Went to grab it and, perfectly I might add, kicked it onto the subway tracks.

Approached the platfrom with dread in my heart. Looked down the tracks to see if there was a train approaching. Nothing. Without much consideration, jumped onto the tracks, picked up the Treo and hoisted myself back up onto the platform.

Besides the SD card coming out and a tiny ding on the antenna, not a single problem!

I don't condone jumping on the subway tracks, but come on - it's a Treo!
    True love!!!

I've dropped mine a couple of times, but it has been in a room with carpet.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I did the same thing on a subway staircase - running down to meet the train and the treo flew out of the slip case. Crashed to the floor - screen shattered and the front button is in bad shape. Apparently it's fixable (say the insurers - although I'm doubtful): bad news is that I'm 10 days without my baby. The lesson - ditch the slip case!
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I guess you should treat the Treo600 like you treat an infant, don't hear about many drops with those do ya, and they are self repairing.
    On the drive home from buying my treo 600 I had the phone in my lap and completely forgot about it when I parked and got out of my truck. My brand spanking new Treo fell face first onto the asphault, no case or slipcover or anything, just plain bare naked treo. The only damage was a very minor nick in the faceplate, and a pair of soiled jeans. Ever since then I am VERY careful with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperPhreak
    On the drive home from buying my treo 600 I had the phone in my lap and completely forgot about it when I parked and got out of my truck. My brand spanking new Treo fell face first onto the asphault, no case or slipcover or anything, just plain bare naked treo. The only damage was a very minor nick in the faceplate, and a pair of soiled jeans. Ever since then I am VERY careful with it.

the cat didn't remind you? or was it jealous?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I don't use a case takes away from the practicality having to open the case all the time or take it out a slide case. I have had the treo since it first came out and keep it in my pocket with no egrips. Haven't dropped it yet, just am carefull when I use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    the cat didn't remind you? or was it jealous?
    What are you talking about I AM THE CAT, that human i keep as a pet didn't remind me though