1.    #1  
    Besides the built-in Memo Pad and Dataviz Documents-To-Go, which other memo editing software supports the Treo 600 5-way navigation keys?

Memo+ was my favourite but it does not support T600. Same for WordSmith and QuickWrite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Beer
    Besides the built-in Memo Pad and Dataviz Documents-To-Go, which other memo editing software supports the Treo 600 5-way navigation keys?
    PsMemo will soon be updated with Treo 600 support.

I've been using it for months on a Sony Clie before switching to the Treo 600, and the feature I like the most is the ability to put the opened or edited memos to the start of the list (if manual order is selected) automatically. There's a good amount of improvements from the builtin Memopad, but it's still a text-oriented memo program (i.e. no pictures or sounds), which is what I was looking for.

The currently available version (0.6.2) has problems running on the Treo 600 because the two smallest fonts don't work well in the list view (i.e. no text is displayed at all), and there's no 5-way support (a real pain to use as you need the stylus all the time), but I've contacted the author with a Treo 600 support request, and I'm pleased to tell you that the latest beta version he sent me (0.6.3) has Treo 600 support (font problem is fixed, and full 5-way navigator support is there), making it my favorite Memopad replacement on the Treo 600.

I've asked the author the permission to 'advertize' his software on this and others Treo boards, when he decides that the Treo 600 support is good enough for an official release, so as soon as I receive a positive answer I'll let you guys know about it.

Oh, one last thing: although the web page is in Japanese, there's an English version as well. Here's the readme.txt file (for 0.6.2):

Code:
    ======================================================================
    PsMemo 0.6.2  Readme

Copyright(c) 2002-2004 Sembe All Rights Reserved.
    Portions copyright (c) 2004 PalmSource,Inc. or its subsidiaries.
    All rights reserved.

1. What's PsMemo

PsMemo is a replacement for MemoPad which comes with Palm devices.
      In addition to the features of MemoPad, PsMemo has following features.

List view
     - PsMemo can move edited or opened memo to top of memo list automatically.
     - You can see private memos' title.
     - Hardware button can emulate Jog wheel.
     - Incremental full-text search.
     - Background color.

Edit view
     - You can close a memo without saving.
     - You can search and replace string.
     - PsMemo can link other palmwares, by tapping a URL or a mail address.

2. System requirements

PalmOS 3.5 or greater.

3. Installation

Instal "PsMemo_en.prc" in your Palm device with HotSync.

Home  : http://www.jove21.com/palm/
    Email : sembe@jove21.com
    Is there any chance you could ask the developer to add an alarm feature to this app as well?
  4.    #4  
    It an irony that Palm developers for the basic PDA tools like memo and to-do have not jump in to tap the Treo 600 users!
    bump.
    unbump!
    psmemo has treo 600 d-pad support.
    it seems pretty good. don't know the price, if any, though.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Try Polynote! One of the best apps I know and with Treo support! Has both freehand and regular note-taking abilities!

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/polynote.shtml

REplaces all drawing and notetaking s/ws and its FREE!
    PS Memo is just what I was looking for! I had tons of memos that I needed to search and stuff. Is there *any* information about the license?
    Quote Originally Posted by jqh1
    PS Memo is just what I was looking for! I had tons of memos that I needed to search and stuff. Is there *any* information about the license?
    What do you mean about "license". PsMemo is simply freeware !
    sweeet. I was hoping it was free - just didn't see it stated anywhere (my Japanese is a little rusty, though).

Immediately before coming here and finding this thread, I had looked at about 4 memo replacements, none of them free. This one blows them all away...