Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Had a similar orange "scratch" for several days. Ultimately did a soft reset for an unrelated reason and the orange scratch disappeared, never to be seen again...
    Quote Originally Posted by great2bnaustin
    Had a similar orange "scratch" for several days. Ultimately did a soft reset for an unrelated reason and the orange scratch disappeared, never to be seen again...
    i had it also..it got bigger..resets did nothing..had to replace phone
    Not sure how a reset woudl help a hardware problem.
    I have a small discoloration in the center of my treo screen. It just appeared today out of nowhere. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to fix it and about how much it would cost. I don't have the option of returning it.
    Have you searched the threads about this. I dont know what causes this off the top of my head but I have seen threads on this. (May be battery related..I dont know.)
    This has been posted as a known defect of the 600, more than once. Unfortunately, you may have to get another phone if you can't return this one. You're sure they won't replace it?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realtygal
    Just acquired a small ORANGE "scratch" on my Treo 600 screen in the shape of the state of Texas . No "scratch" felt or seen when my screen is OFF. Anyone experienced this? Thanks in advance.
    Did it get bigger? Mine did, started with 2 pixels, grew to 15 pixels or so in the shape of a spider within 2 days, P1 replaced it (it was still under warranty).
    a soft reset fixed it
    Thanks to all for replies. Yes, it is "growing"; no, nothing visible or felt on screen; and no, soft reset didn't clear it up. Replacing phone will push discounted upgrade to 650 off for another year (for the 650)!!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Here my animation that I will update frequently, I missed out a week between the first and second frame and as you can see it increased a lot in that time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/07...rse/orange.gif

Mine was 2 weeks out of warranty when this happend, thats why its not been replaced as Palmone refuses even though I claim its a production/design fault choosing a screen not up to the job.
    I had one of these spots for a couple of weeks. I planned on trying to get it replaced but didn't get around to it. Then, a week ago, I got out of the car and half my screen is blue and yellow and unusable. It looks as if the internal screen cracked and some kind of liquid leaked through. This should mean that I dropped it or cracked it but it just happened while I was sitting in the car. Any chance I can convince them to fix this under warranty? They start at $180 for repairs which would just make me go buy a new one.

Any advice appreciated,

Thanks,

punk
    <merged>
    is there any preventive measures that one can take to stop this from starting.

i know its a known issue for the treo600. but if i bought mine from ebay, is there anywhere i can go to get it replaced, or am i out of luck?

is this a problem for the treo650?
    i know this is not something new to all of you but to me it is.im just frustrated to Palmone coz they cant help me to replace my treo.and it is under WARRANTY!!!!!they referred me to treoCentral till now have not recd any response from them.Guys i need help!!!!!!!!
    Orange/yellow spots are common with the 600. There's nothing you can do to prevent it. My verizon phone had it and they swapped it out. Contact the carrier or reseller you bought it from. PalmOne shoudl be able to hadle it but sounds like they pass the buck on any problems. Make sure you get soem type of insurance for your phone in the future so you'd at least have that option.
    Yeah I just got yellow pixels this morning. Dang.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    I am on my THIRD Treo 600.... and am about to have to go onto my FOURTH. Why do I keep getting them? Well, I love 'em, but my gosh it's like walking on eggshells with these screens. YEs, I don't treat it very nicely, but this one started forming an orange squiggle and has gotten bigger after having this one for only a month. What a peice of junk these Treos are.... I guess it's a love hate relationship.
    This whole thing is ridiculous. All of us seem to be developing the same problem around the same time. Something else is going on besides dead pixels. I've had my Treo for a couple of years and never had this problem until other people started to report the same thing. And replacing these units with refurbs is not the solution. There should be a way for us to demand new devices under warranty or upgrade us to the 650.
    Well, what do you know, after my original Treo 600 developed this problem, I had it replaced by Palm who sent me a refurbished unit.

I believe it has been about exactly 1 year since then, now my replacement just developed the same problem. .
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 07/24/2005 at 07:21 PM. Reason: corrected time frame
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1
    This whole thing is ridiculous. All of us seem to be developing the same problem around the same time. Something else is going on besides dead pixels. I've had my Treo for a couple of years and never had this problem until other people started to report the same thing. And replacing these units with refurbs is not the solution. There should be a way for us to demand new devices under warranty or upgrade us to the 650.
    That's exactly how I got my new 650. Verizon sent me 2 600's in the past all refurbished units. The speaker went in 'n out on the last 600. The tech guy says i see we've sent you refurbished units in the past so we'll send you a new one. I shoulda known God was up to something days later my new 650 was in the mail! Amen. You might try praying works better!

We all need a little dirt (life's events) to grow!
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast