Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    I called PalmOne customer service and they are sending me a replacement. Unfortunately, it will be a refurb. Do you think I would've gotten a new one if I had gone in to the PalmOne retail store? The woman on the phone claimed that customer service only had refurbs, but I wonder if that's also the case at the stores.

And by the way, my orange dots are growing too!
    This is my first post. Forgive me if it's too verbose.
    Mine has the same problem- growing Orange cloud in the right corner. I spent an hour w/ customer "service" w/ T-mobile and they're sending a refurb as well. Evidently, all the carriers send refurbs as replacements unless they run out of the refurb units. It's a crock. Even threatening to cancel my service didn't get a response. And, unlike Apple, there's no discount on a refurb model. Question: Has anyone thought that this might be a virus? Just wondering.
    If it were a virus, it would be a hardware virus. The blob does not show up on screen shots. Another thread offers the possibility that the scren were over-pressured (translation, you stabbed it with the stylus).

Based on my read of how LCD's work, it seems that some of the crystals were damaged limiting its ability to move, and thus restriciting what light could get through. Thus the permanent orange display. Then, with subsequent use, neighboring pixels are being damaged as well (perhaps being burned by the constant orange display next to it).

No scientific basis. But is fun to theorize and pontificate.
    I just got the orange dot. This is my 3rd treo. Didn't have this happen on hte first 2. #1 - got a faded out dotin center of screen. #2 - radio went bad? It would only make calls when hooked to th charger.

Here is the dot - http://home.comcast.net/~tsfloyd/phone.jpg
    i have orange dots and use a case to keep my phone in. trying to figure out if there is a cause and effect here. putting phone in case causes orange dots. wondering if it is a specific case that causes the orange dots.
    i have had the phone since april, and i used it for first 2 months, then i di dnot use it until 2 weeks ago. the orange dots things happened on Saturday and i wondered why. i wonder if it was bc i used the speaker phone for long? the orange dots are under #1 button. i do not press hard on #1 key. usually i use the favour or call log to redial. i would expect a recondition one but hope this one would be as good as the one i have. besides of the orange spots, my treo600 is an excellent phone. i have the tmo insurance and worst come to worst (after the warranty) i will just claim the insurance for that. kind of upset of what happened to my phone. i have been treating it very well, no drop, no water, no nothing.

btw, even though i stoppped using the phone today, it seems the orange dots are getting more and more. like some sort of virus...
    I just got the Dots this morning. I treat it very carefully.. It's only about 3 months old.. I am going to take it back to the AT&T Store where I bought it... I hope to get an immendiate replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamison13
    i have orange dots and use a case to keep my phone in. trying to figure out if there is a cause and effect here. putting phone in case causes orange dots. wondering if it is a specific case that causes the orange dots.
    I have always used my left front pocket as a case. I never put anything else in that pocket except for the Treo. Mine is 3 months old and got the orange dot Virus this morning..

I called AT&T (They SUCK) Won't advance warranty replace. I called Treo and they are advance Warranty replacing it (I assume with refurbished). Did not charge me extra for the Advance..
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    I have always used my left front pocket as a case. I never put anything else in that pocket except for the Treo. Mine is 3 months old and got the orange dot Virus this morning..

I called AT&T (They SUCK) Won't advance warranty replace. I called Treo and they are advance Warranty replacing it (I assume with refurbished). Did not charge me extra for the Advance..
    i need the tmo insurance plan in case my treo breaks down after 12 months warranty period. it sucks bc i got the orange dots.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I checked out your picture - I have EXACTLY the same pattern
    position and color. Maybe this isn't an unknown problem within
    the Palm org? It would be too difficult for two of us to randomly
    get the same pattern.

I got my Treo from EBay - it was brand new and is now only one
    month old. When I check out
    the Palm website - the warranties are all through the service providers.
    Has anyone had success going straight to Palm?

If this splotch continues to grow the TREO will be useless.......

Quote Originally Posted by MacMike
    I'm on my third Treo 600.
    Tomorrow it goes back to Sprint and I want a fourth.
    The organge pixel problem propagates propitiously.
    I've posted a pic on my blog.
    www.mikesejournal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by swampash089
    I checked out your picture - I have EXACTLY the same pattern
    position and color. Maybe this isn't an unknown problem within
    the Palm org? It would be too difficult for two of us to randomly
    get the same pattern.

I got my Treo from EBay - it was brand new and is now only one
    month old. When I check out
    the Palm website - the warranties are all through the service providers.
    Has anyone had success going straight to Palm?

If this splotch continues to grow the TREO will be useless.......

I just went thru PalmOne to get a replacement united. I called on Sunday (9/19) and they shipped a unit out today (9/21). I was told I should be getting an unit within 1-3 business days. I don't hold a high hope of getting brand new unit at all. But at least it should not be another defective one.
    My defective one first got 2 orange dots. then next day, it grew more and more. I have not check out the other person who posted the Treo 600 with the orange dots. The orange dots on my treo are under #1 button.

sigh. it is a known issue in PalmOne because when I went thru their online service webpage, it lists one of the defects is "Yellow dots" (it looks more like orange dots).

btw, i do not see the pictures from http://mikesejournal.com/. where did u see them?
    btw, I bought the treo 600 directly from Palmone and I use it on TMO. I do not think I shall go thru TMO at all since I did not buy it from TMO anyway.
    Chalk up another with the orange "dots" issue. My first dot appeared perhaps 1-2 months ago and has slowly grown to a sort of fuzzy upside-down "A" at the middle top of the #2 button in the Phone app. For the last couple of weeks, the dots appear to have quit growing...perhaps my Treo's poor tumor has gone benign? ;-)

If anyone wishes to start tallying, I still use the supplied Treo case and largely carry my phone in my front pants pocket. My most frequent tapping area is actually about a 1/2 inch below where the tumor rests.

-dave
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I can't locate it on his blog today - I found it yesterday though.

Mike - can you help?

Thanks!
    just got notification about my replacement would be arrived before 3pm tomorrow. hope it is a good (refurb) one.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I just contacted Palm - if you tell them that your service provider is 'other' they do the Advance Exchange as mentioned in an earlier posting. After I told them about the orange dots, they gave up any effort to troubleshoot over the phone.
    The Palm US contact number for 'Other' service provider is 877-426-3777
    that is what i did. i told them i used other carrier and they sent me the replacement unit via Advance Exchange.
    I got this 3 days ago - looks like a bleed pattern right where the Hang Up Call button. Sprint sore said they do not warranty for screens. I argued for 10 minutes - no budge. Ridiculous.

THen I pointed out the broken volume button and the ***** goes "Oh OK we can do that one".

Anyone else getting the shaft from Sprint - I explained I did not push hard I just used the damn thing! I did not pick the screen, I did not design the touch screen, etc...guy just flat out refused - he was store manager.
    wondering if any of you got orange dots as a result of carrying t600 in a case. orange dots appeared on screen and sprint happily replaced my unit.
    i used the case on / off. the case i have is the open face (no plastic cover on the LCD screen) thou.
    in fact, my original treo which developed the orange dots had not been used for 2 months prior i found out the orange dots thing
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast