Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Thank you everyone. I have just installed and run BackupBuddy (BlueNomad) and will bring the Treo to Verizon on Monday.
    I'm on my third Treo 600.
    Tomorrow it goes back to Sprint and I want a fourth.
    The organge pixel problem propagates propitiously.
    I've posted a pic on my blog.
    www.mikesejournal.com
    ----
    Mike Wendland
    www.mac-mike.com
    same thing. it was a replacement phone & suspect refurbished. i i only had it for one month before it started doing this & i treat my t600 like a faberge egg, so it must have something to do with the refurb screens or something.

but i'm suspicious of it actually being dead pixels because i was able to move the orange dots down the screen out of the way (don't do this). this seemed to work at first & then, poof, i got blotches of orange. thankfully, i had the insurance put on before i received this & am calling sprint today.

it's gotta' be a bad batch of refurb screens or something.

almost like the first screen layer that covers the pixels has moisture & sticks to the pixels causing the pixels to go orange. why else would i be able to move the spots around?
    guess it doesn't matter now....
    I just returned my T600 today to Verizon. What a hassle! I hope they take care of it in a quick fashion.

I have had my T600 for less than 2 weeks and I noticed the "orange worm" 4 days ago. It got worse and worse each day.

Let's hope #2 is a charm!
    I have a small orange colored blob on my screen that seems to be slowly getting larger. It actually looks like someone scribbled on the screen using a gold/orange pen. It did not come because of a drop or water. All other functions are working. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?
    larrywex,

Without looing at it, it sounds like the LCD has cracked or has a hairline fracture "under" the pressure-sensitive screen.

You might want to get it checked out, and even replaced if it just happened through normal wear and tear. If memory serves me right, the T600 has a 1 year warranty.

Just my thought,
    Dave Lindberg
    Dead pixels, get it replaced.
    So I'm going to resurrect this thread -

Yesterday I received a replacement 600 for my original that has served me well since November - finally developed speaker & hum/buzz problems.

New unit - which is most likely a refurb - looked and worked great. After going out to lunch today, I noticed a big "splotch" about a cm across in the middle of the screen - whitish or yellowish depending on when you looked at it. At first I thought it was an air bubble under the screen protector - so I removed it. Nope - it seemed to be liquid between the glass and the actual LCD panel. I could push gently on it with the stylus and it would ooze around a little, like water would when trapped between two surfaces.

So I start to curse my great luck and get ready to return it. Put it in it's cradle and noticed about an hour later that the spot was significantly smaller (a few mm). I touched it with the stylus and it went away.

Hmmm - was it just condensation, you think? I NEVER saw this with my first Treo in 9 months... Any thoughts?

Thanx
    Paul
    Yellow/bright spot versus orange.

Yellowish or bright spots on Treo 600 screens are caused by excessive pressure on the screen. The pressure may be an impact or a heavy pressure caused by compression when in your pocket - sitting down and compressing your pocket contents into the screen. Another cause can be using snap-close cases where you are snapping the case closed and pressing heavily on the LCD. The damage is permanent and relates to the way in which an LCD screen is made up - you are pushing the spacers between the layers out of alignment. My advice is to treat the Treo screen with some care - this is different from a throwaway Nokia which you drop/pocket/throw around. Those simple phones have a plastic cover over the LCD because they dont have a touch-screen. If you removed this cover and compressed its screen, you would be likely to get the same bright spot scenario.

If you see bright orange spots, that is a different matter and is likely to be something covered by warranty unless you caused it by impact.

If you see blue coloration on the screen, it is likely to be cracked. If you also see some yellow, this is moisture building up in the crack.
    I had five yellow spots on my 600 because of a hard scratch to the screen (I did have a screen protector film on at the time). In any event, I removed the screen protector and after about five days they went away!

Hope your phone does the same thing...

Regards,
    There is an Orange blob slowly growing across my screen. It started as a small blotch that I first noticed yesterday afternoon. This morning it had grown. It continues to grow. Interstingly, I can see the vertical lines through it, making it appear as though individual pixels are being forced to turn and remain orange.

As best I can tell, my 4 year old may have damaged the screen by applying the stylus too hard. I did not see such an act, but it is the only concept I can imagine based on its usage yesterday. So, I'm figuring the orange stuff is the L in the LCD slowly bleeding through.

Anybody else experience anything similar? If so long, have I got before the screen becomes totally useless?

Is the L in LCD radioactive or dangerous in some other way? If so, how long until I morph into a human Treo?

NOTE: I have already contacted my insurer for a claims form (and to think I debated the $49 fee for coverage)
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I just got my Treo600 replaced with exactly the same problem.
    I went directly to store - the girl looked at it,took it inside and came back saying it's a mechanical damage - you pushed too hard....we'll order you a replacement phone. 3 days later i got my "new" refurbished treo600 - it's a revC hardware and the new screen is much sharper and brighter then the old one. I hasn't been charged for the replacement. Hope it helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    There is an Orange blob slowly growing across my screen. It started as a small blotch that I first noticed yesterday afternoon. This morning it had grown. It continues to grow. Interstingly, I can see the vertical lines through it, making it appear as though individual pixels are being forced to turn and remain orange.

As best I can tell, my 4 year old may have damaged the screen by applying the stylus too hard. I did not see such an act, but it is the only concept I can imagine based on its usage yesterday. So, I'm figuring the orange stuff is the L in the LCD slowly bleeding through.

Anybody else experience anything similar? If so long, have I got before the screen becomes totally useless?

Is the L in LCD radioactive or dangerous in some other way? If so, how long until I morph into a human Treo?
    it is not the "L" as in liquid seeping through. it is not a big blob of jelly that makes up an LCD screen. for more info read this

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/lcd.htm
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    Just had my original Handspring 600 replaced with a new Palm branded one as well. The screen is definitely better than the old one. It really took me by surpise.
    rossoneri, that's good info.

Now, if I could only figure out why certain pixels are stuck on orange. And why the number of effected pixels is growing.

Having said all that, if this results in a new Treo with a better screen, I may have to reward my daughter
    shopharim,

I too have this problem, although I believe mine began after accidentally dropping my Treo on the ground. First just a couple of orange pixels...now something more approximating a wishbone in about an 8x10 pixel space. Unlike yours, I cannot see anything through it, the orange is solid in the pixels covered.

Luckily, I have the replacement plan...should it get much worse, it'll get replaced.

Best of luck with yours, and with your daughter.
    Went to Cingular. They gave me an 800# to call (warranty repairs). I was told that P1 handles Treo repairs directly.

Called P1. They are sending me a refurbished "advance exchange," i.e they hold my credit card hostage until I send back the damaged unit within the specificed time.

Hello, better screen? we shall see....
    I just noticed today that my Treo 600 has developed a couple orange spots, clustered together about 2-3 pixels in diameter on the screen. Oh no! I just got it about 2 and a half months ago from an AT&T Superstore. Is there anything I can do? I don't know how this could have happened!

They look like dead pixels, since they disappear when the screen is off, but are always there when the screen is on. It's awful. Has anyone else experienced this? I treat my 600 like gold, and look what happened!
    do a search. return the unit.
    I'm waiting on my replacement for the same issue. Go to PalmOne retailer if you can. It will likely be faster than over the phone.

btw, my orange cloud has been growing. Started at about 7 pixles wide. Now the splotch is .5"x.5" It seems the pixel gets "burned in" to Orange, and over time can effect the pixels next to it. I can even see the splotch outline when the unit is off.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast