Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Just a thought....you didn't **** on your screen did you?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Wierd. Yellow spot this morning that wasn't there yesterday. Half way down the screen on the left. the spot's about the size of a pencil eraser. Anyone else seeing these spots?
    yes they are did you not read the posts?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    just trying to see if this if this is isolated to just 3 T6's or more widespread before I head to the Sprint Store...
    i have read about a lot of people who have had it also a white one
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by ksawatsky
    just trying to see if this if this is isolated to just 3 T6's or more widespread before I head to the Sprint Store...
    My wife had this happen on two differenr sprint phones. Spring replaced them both times.
    Quote Originally Posted by robguz24
    LZMutant, where did you originally buy it from? Will they do this if you didn't get it from Sprint? Were you within 90 days?
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this...

I did buy it from Sprint, and I think I was outside of 90 days. I bought it the day they came out.

It's kind of funny - I've had phones from AT&T as well as Cingular and T-Mobile. But none of them were Treos and none of them ever needed to be replaced. So I can't tell you what to expect from other carriers.

My experiences with Sprint have been pretty good. The lines at customer service can sometimes be long and unpleasant, but they've always exchanged my Treo's with no questions asked. I went through 5 Treo 300's before the 600's were released, and the Sprint folks were always respectful and easy to deal with.

I would have been fine with a refurb on my 600, but they gave me a brand new phone. I even saw them open the box. This was possibly because they didn't have any refurbished units in - but they seemed genuinely happy to be handing me a new Treo.

Hope it all worked out for you!
    LZ
    I have this same problem. This is my second Treo 600 in a month. The first one from Handspring was great, no problems with the screen but had to replace it. Now I got the new one from PalmOne from Best Buy last night and the screen is yellow around all of the edges, but more noticeably in the upper right hand corner. It seems to radiate from there. Best Buy says they will replace it because it is within their 30 day return policy, but does anyone know what happens outside of that 30 days? Am I just out of luck if I have another problem with the screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by jspry
    I have this same problem. This is my second Treo 600 in a month. The first one from Handspring was great, no problems with the screen but had to replace it. Now I got the new one from PalmOne from Best Buy last night and the screen is yellow around all of the edges, but more noticeably in the upper right hand corner. It seems to radiate from there. Best Buy says they will replace it because it is within their 30 day return policy, but does anyone know what happens outside of that 30 days? Am I just out of luck if I have another problem with the screen?
    The store you purchased from has to honor the 30 day policy. After 30 days, if its Sprint, take it to them. They dont care where you purchased it from; it is one of their products and you'll be treated as if you bought it directly through them.

I cant speak on how other carriers handle this.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    The store you purchased from has to honor the 30 day policy. After 30 days, if its Sprint, take it to them. They dont care where you purchased it from; it is one of their products and you'll be treated as if you bought it directly through them.

I cant speak on how other carriers handle this.

yeah, Best Buy said I'm fine within 30 days, but since it's the exact same batch of phones won't it be the same problem? I'm not entirely sure what to do and Cingular has a pretty poor policy when it comes to phone replacements...
    A little update....T-Mobile sent me a new phone. I check to see if it was a refurb using the #*786, but it's brand new. Thanx T-Mobile!!!
    This is happening on mine, too.
    near the top of my screen there are a bunch of bright orange dots that form a line thats about 1/2 long? what happened!?!?!?
    dead pixel?
    i dont know, its really weird. it was not droped or anything like that, hopefully palm will send me a new one with out any hassle
    I have a friend that experienced this - it's a broken pixel. if you keep pressing it, it might spread into an orange blob like his did. Call tech support if you are still under warranty and get a replacement.
    radio aj: ajrosales.com (resistor coming soon)
    All of a sudden I have this bright orange splotch / squiggle on my screen. It's no more than an 1/8 in size and looks a bit like an X. It's not a single pixel, but a bunch of them.

Has anyone heard of this? Is my screen damaged? Software issue? Ideas?
    My Treo 600 just developed the same thing. Did you ever discover what it is and how to get rid of it?
    I have the same problem....any solutions pls??- thanks
    Nope - tried just about everything. Called T-Mobile and they're sending me a replacement. I'm not that happy about it since I have a brand new unit out of the box a month old -- and I don't know what they'll send me.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast