Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    <merged>
    Welcome aboard to T/C!
    ... and you are not alone
    i found someone who "found a fix"

i just bought a treo 600 with all accessories for $17.21 on ebay (it was mislisted)

it has a small dime sized orange mark in lower lefthand corner. It comes tommorrow, and i will see if this works.

see the last post on this site:

the fix site
    And this is what he wrote:

Orange Treo flu?

DO NOT return your Treo.
    DO NOT pay several hundred dollars.

I have discovered the no-cost, low-tech, permanent cure for the common orange blob - so DO share this message with your fellow Treo-nauts.

What causes orange Treo screen-flu? Simply this: water molecules under one layer of the screen (which can happen if you used your Treo outdoors in wet weather). When too much water gets into one part of the screen, that part of the screen turns orange and also starts "infecting" nearby pixels. So ...
    ... to cure the "flu," you need to spread the water molecules around enough so that no location has a "critical mass" sufficient to trigger the orange-osity.
    How do you do that? Simple - take your stylus (or a fingernail) and scrub from the center of the stain outward, up and down and beyond in all directions from the center of the stain to the center of the screen. (Don't damage the screen - use about the same pressure that you would use if scraping chewing-gum off that screen while trying to get it absolutely all off.)
    With this procedure, you'll probably find it takes only about 5 or 10 minutes (15 minutes in really tough cases/big stains) for the orange disfiguration to become smaller and smaller, paler and paler ... and eventually totally disappear. (NOTE: Even after the orange blob disappears, when turning on the device you may *momentarily* see - for just a split-second right before the back-light turns on - a faint constellation of teeny-tiny very-pale-orange specks. However: just as soon as the device finishes turning on the screen will look entirely normal and "factory-new," with nary an intrusive citrus-hued pixel in sight. So regard those temporary micro-blob-ettes as little "surgical scars" from your successful operation to cure the common orange-itis.)
    Hi Lecter,
    Is this same case with the Treo 270 screens too? I had a problem, a big yellow dot on the screen, when I owned a 270 and did a screen replacement. Now I have one 270 screen which I can fix and try to sell....
    Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by LECTER
    And this is what he wrote:

Orange Treo flu?

DO NOT return your Treo.
    DO NOT pay several hundred dollars.

I have discovered the no-cost, low-tech, permanent cure for the common orange blob - so DO share this message with your fellow Treo-nauts.

What causes orange Treo screen-flu? Simply this: water molecules under one layer of the screen (which can happen if you used your Treo outdoors in wet weather). When too much water gets into one part of the screen, that part of the screen turns orange and also starts "infecting" nearby pixels. So ...
    ... to cure the "flu," you need to spread the water molecules around enough so that no location has a "critical mass" sufficient to trigger the orange-osity.
    How do you do that? Simple - take your stylus (or a fingernail) and scrub from the center of the stain outward, up and down and beyond in all directions from the center of the stain to the center of the screen. (Don't damage the screen - use about the same pressure that you would use if scraping chewing-gum off that screen while trying to get it absolutely all off.)
    With this procedure, you'll probably find it takes only about 5 or 10 minutes (15 minutes in really tough cases/big stains) for the orange disfiguration to become smaller and smaller, paler and paler ... and eventually totally disappear. (NOTE: Even after the orange blob disappears, when turning on the device you may *momentarily* see - for just a split-second right before the back-light turns on - a faint constellation of teeny-tiny very-pale-orange specks. However: just as soon as the device finishes turning on the screen will look entirely normal and "factory-new," with nary an intrusive citrus-hued pixel in sight. So regard those temporary micro-blob-ettes as little "surgical scars" from your successful operation to cure the common orange-itis.)

THIS TOTALLY WORKS!!!! THANK YOU, I'm surprised no one responded with glee like me. I ended up getting a screen protector too to prevent more rain from frikaseeing my device. It's been raining, and I got my treo 600 wet right before the spot appeared. I thought it was dead pixels, but its not.
    just be careful not to press too hard, or puncture your screen when applying the patch!!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    At least I can move the yellow blotch around and split it up in to several smaller blotches. Unfortunately they don't seem willing to disapper ...would putting the treo near a radiator or a warm oven help ?
    Thanks
    Tonight I went to shop at the Walmart Grocery, Went to use my Phone and it had an Orange Blotch on the screen, I thought something was wrong with the phone but it got more interesting,.. I went to use the wireless Price scanner at the Walmart and it had the SAME Orange Blotch on the Screen but Much Bigger < probably cause it's been in that location MUCH LONGER then my cellphone.> Im coming to a Conclusion that this ORANGE blotch is a Computer VIRUS that was Caught at that Location, Im not sure if it was through Walmarts Systems Or though the Cell Tower that is standing Next Door to the Store..

I reported these facts to Walmart, and My Cell phone Company Virgin Mobile that uses the SPRINT systems, is sending me a replacement Phone,..which Id like to point out is not a TREO phone it's a Kyrocea and has never been used in wet climates or near water.

I have read here about Yellow Spots and Pixels, I believe the Yellow Problem Might just be that a Screen Problem, But this perticular ORANGE Blob that looks like Chineese WRiting Or some type of Bird, is Obviously to me now after seeing the Same thing On the Scanners Larger Screen, as a VIRUS... My Phone does not even have Bluetooth, but It did catch this...

Thanks...
    What did Walmart tell you?

The orange blob comes from a bad batch LCD display manufacturing. So any LCD based phone or device can eventually develop the same problem over time of use.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112