Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Is there any way to have the £ sign the default symbol (on key 'H') instead of the $ sign?

It's a pain having to press 'option/ H/alt/ down/ select' instead of just 'option/H' to get the £ sign.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Well, what about using L instead? If you type L -> Alt and then carry on typing, you will get the £ sign (note: You don't need to press down and then select - typing on will select the £ sign).

DS
    You could always move to Australia
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dshirley
    Well, what about using L instead? If you type L -> Alt and then carry on typing, you will get the £ sign (note: You don't need to press down and then select - typing on will select the £ sign).

DS
    Shame there isn't a way to re-map the H button some how though. It would be dead easy to just double press option key, then hit H (for £), and then enter whatever numerical digits are required. But, your method is a good compromise- many thanks.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wal
    Yeah, if I'd won the lottery last night.

Or just convert to the Church of the Latter Day Bush - won't be long before we've all been colonised anyway!

Seriously though I'm with you on this one - could it be that difficult to provide the ability to customise the keyboard after all MS managed it
    ----------
    The South Pole is at the top of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_A
    Or just convert to the Church of the Latter Day Bush - won't be long before we've all been colonised anyway!

Seriously though I'm with you on this one - could it be that difficult to provide the ability to customise the keyboard after all MS managed it
    Speaking of being colonized, shouldn’t you guys be using the euro sign by now?
    Hahahaha
    I was just about to ask that (while reading down the post).

(Sorry for going off topic )
    I am so glad we won't be using the Euro for a while...although most likely the Guilder will disappear (but at least we won't be oblige to use the Euro...we can continue using US Dollars)
    The Euro is doing horrible things in the French Side (of this island) and it's even worse in Holland...so of course we're not waiting for it with open arms
    Speaking of being colonized, shouldn’t you guys be using the euro sign by now?
    So far we have managed to resist the invasion. We have despatched a modern day Home Guard down to the beaches and every time a batch of the things comes to our shores they get formed into the shape of sheep and burnt in great pyres.
    Personally I'm all in favour of the euro - after all the EU loses about 5 billion a year through fraud so there must be plenty of the stuff kicking around just waiting to be picked up. Last I heard, the best way to get in on the act is to become an elected official or Comission employee
    ----------
    The South Pole is at the top of the world.