1.    #1  
    I have installed Graffiti anywhere and also copied the old Graffiti 1 prc files to get Grafitti 1 (instead of Graffiti 2 which was annoying to get used to, I could never get "i" to work).

But with Graffiti 1 , I get all the alphabets and numbers, but I can't get chars like @, -, _ etc which I use a lot (email addresses, password etc). How do I make Graffiti anywhere it go into the punctuation and extended shift mode to get these special chars?. I tried to enable "Single Tap".And this only works sometimes, most of the times it just moves the cursor to the new location (I am trying this out in memopad). I also tried making an angled line from right to left (as suggested by someone in another thread), and I only manage to get enter...but sometimes I am able to get it into punctuation without realizing it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    bump ....anyone?
    use the punctuation toggle stroke - \ (starting bottom right going to top left - ypu will see a dot appear at the bottom of the screen) - then for the @ write an O, for - write a - , for the _ you will need the - then use the ALT key (that's the 0 on the keypad)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    use the punctuation toggle stroke - \ (starting bottom right going to top left - ypu will see a dot appear at the bottom of the screen) - then for the @ write an O, for - write a - , for the _ you will need the - then use the ALT key (that's the 0 on the keypad)
    Thanks . This does work. How do I get a "." (dot)
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I prefer Jot, which works well on the T600 - a bit more intuitive, once you get used to writing on the specific screen area for caps.
    Quote Originally Posted by cs123
    Thanks . This does work. How do I get a "." (dot)
    do 2 punctuation marks in a row

\ \
    Another option is to set up some of the built in shortcuts.

I use :shortcut: A for @
    :shortcut: P for

Etc
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  8.    #8  
    Thanks Kayden75...that works...

ChasT: where do you setup shortcuts?!.
    Prefs/shortcuts
    Quote Originally Posted by cs123
    I have installed Graffiti anywhere and also copied the old Graffiti 1 prc files to get Grafitti 1 (instead of Graffiti 2 which was annoying to get used to, I could never get "i" to work).

But with Graffiti 1 , I get all the alphabets and numbers, but I can't get chars like @, -, _ etc which I use a lot (email addresses, password etc). How do I make Graffiti anywhere it go into the punctuation and extended shift mode to get these special chars?. I tried to enable "Single Tap".And this only works sometimes, most of the times it just moves the cursor to the new location (I am trying this out in memopad). I also tried making an angled line from right to left (as suggested by someone in another thread), and I only manage to get enter...but sometimes I am able to get it into punctuation without realizing it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    I'm a new T600 user. Could you please tell me where I can get the best Grafitti download for the 600?? Thanks!

Harvey
    When using graffiti ,which i reallt like, I cannot consistently scribble the letters "i" or the letter "k"; No matter how i write them, they will come as "l" and "h" respectively.

Any suggestions?
    hmorse - go to www.palmgear.com and look for graffiti anywhere - I prefer the old style of graffiti, so I also installed the Graffiti 1 libraries - search the forum and you will find instructions on how to do this

vaaxel - same suggestion - try Graffiti 1 - the i and k in Graffiti 2 are 2-stroke characters - for "i" you would need to make the line first, lift the stylus and then make the dot over the i. Graffiti 1 is based on a single stroke and is my preference.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    vaaxel - same suggestion - try Graffiti 1 - the i and k in Graffiti 2 are 2-stroke characters - for "i" you would need to make the line first, lift the stylus and then make the dot over the i. Graffiti 1 is based on a single stroke and is my preference.
    Vaaxel
    Post#1 in this thread answers your question

However if you go to:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=52454

And follow the links in my reply, post #7, all your problems will be solved
    Hope this helps
    ChasT

EDIT ps the Treo 600 comes with Graffiti 2 as standard
    Thought of the day :
    It still boggles my mind why Treo users, with that gloriously easy (and quick) to use keyboard would want to pull out their styluses and go graffiti. I liked graffiti before, on my Palm IIIe and Tungsten T, but Treo 600? I don't see what's the point!.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Nguyen
    It still boggles my mind why Treo users, with that gloriously easy (and quick) to use keyboard would want to pull out their styluses and go graffiti. I liked graffiti before, on my Palm IIIe and Tungsten T, but Treo 600? I don't see what's the point!.
    Donald

I refuse to fall out with you over this

It's nice to have the choice of either, unlike some other pda/phones out there

Chas.

ps I like the KB for the full stop, if that helps
    Thought of the day :
    Are you kidding me? With my big ol' thumbs, using the Treo keyboard is like Homer Simpson in that obesity episode, helplessly smashing down the phonepad. It drives me crazy - I don't have many complaints about my Treo, but that's a big one. (That and that FITALY isn't made for T600...)

Is putting Graffiti 1 on your 600 really as easy as simply loading up the relevant files from an older Palm? I've been wanting to do this for months now, but am afraid I'm going to miss one little detail and screw up both versions for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonpettus
    Are you kidding me? With my big ol' thumbs, using the Treo keyboard is like Homer Simpson in that obesity episode, helplessly smashing down the phonepad. It drives me crazy - I don't have many complaints about my Treo, but that's a big one. (That and that FITALY isn't made for T600...)

Is putting Graffiti 1 on your 600 really as easy as simply loading up the relevant files from an older Palm? I've been wanting to do this for months now, but am afraid I'm going to miss one little detail and screw up both versions for good.
    You can call Palm One and get a speical dialing wand..LOL
    I'm a big Simpsons fan too
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonpettus

If you follow my links as above you will find a source of the Graffiti 1 files. There is a warning that you must not Hot Sync the files over, rather you must do it via a sd/mmc card.

However, if you know anyone with a Tungsten T, then they can beam the 2 files straight to the Treo no problem.

I did it this way and it worked perfectly, install Graffiti Anywhere and you have the perfect system, sorry Donald but I have big fingers as well

Now if they could build a Treo without the KB but with the long screen out of the Tungsten T3, well that really would be a great machine.
    Thought of the day :
  20. ADA
    like a couple of you, I am relatively new to the Treo, having come over from a Tungsten W.
    Discount the argument that the Treo does not need Graffiti - it does. Anyone who grew up with the palm Vx will out pace anyone using the keyboard.
    I have explored all the graffiti packages, and Graffiti Anywhere is the best in my view, with the Graffiti 1 add on of course...
    Keep away from TealScript, I found it slowed everything down and their customer support is bad, whereas Thierry replies to a mail immediately (Thierry if you are reading, I have not forgotten promise of donation....on its way - I'll make it larger if you do an all-in-one Graffiti 1 package...!)