1.    #1  
    What is the best email program for the Treo 600 that supports the Palm contact list?

tia

Ken
    It depends on your needs. If you could explain what you need from your email program, you can get a good recommendation on the best program for you.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    It depends on your needs. If you could explain what you need from your email program, you can get a good recommendation on the best program for you.
    While traveling I would like to be able to check my email account. I will be responding with short responses and very seldom will have the need for attachments. I need to be able to connect with Bellsouth's POP and Excite's SMPT.

I would use Handspring's email program be it doesn't connect with Excite.

Thanks.
    Almost any will meet your needs. Most of us like whatever we are using. I use Snappermail. Unless you work very cheap, you have already spent more on the decision than buying all of them will cost you.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    snappermail is good.
    snappermail.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Pine is the best email program for the treo and anything else. :-)
    Obscura
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscura
    Pine is the best email program for the treo and anything else. :-)

Yeah. And vi is the best text editor. Uh huh. Right. :-)
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ken23
    While traveling I would like to be able to check my email account. I will be responding with short responses and very seldom will have the need for attachments. I need to be able to connect with Bellsouth's POP and Excite's SMPT.

I would use Handspring's email program be it doesn't connect with Excite.

Thanks.
    Why wouldn't the free bundled e-mail program connect with Excite's SMTP server? It should connect with any SMTP server, as long as said server allows user account authentication and doesn't require an IP address on their network. Just curious.

But to answer your question, Snappermail is the best one I've seen, in terms of features and performance. It's very cool. But the (relatively) new free one that comes with the firmware update is fine for basic stuff.
    I also use Snappermail and am happy with it. However, the free version should connect to Excite's SMTP server the exact same way as Snappermail. I suggest double checking your SMTP settings and make sure they are correct. (Make sure you spell "smtp" right - your post has it wrong)

I chose to pay for Snappermail because it let's me delete individual messages from the POP server. If I didn't need that feature, I would have probably stayed with the free version.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo
    Yeah. And vi is the best text editor. Uh huh. Right. :-)
    I use vi on my treo but only to edit web pages directly on the web server. I've got no complaints about Memo Pad and I use it often.

The ability to run PINE combined with SSH and Sprin's unlimited internet access was what pushed me over the edge and made me decide to get a mobile phone. Ok... having a qwerty keyboard was also important as PINE is driven by keyboard shortcuts. ;-)
    Obscura
  12.    #12  
    Downloaded Snappermail and it works great.

Thanks to all that reponded!!!
    After I upgraded I tried to install mail. SPRINT registered me OK but cannot swend or receive mail and no help so far. Any suggestions? e.g. I writre mail and it shows up in the outbox but never "sent" no matter how often I try. Thanks. John
    I've used Inbox To Go for over a year & very pleased. First with the Treo 300 & then the Treo 600. This is the same company (Dataviz) that makes Documents To Go.
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 06/12/2004 at 10:56 AM.
    used to love verasmail but lately it kept resetting the unit whenever i tried to configure the email account. then i am in love with snappermail now.
    GoodLink is the best product 100fold.
    Pickem Is The Name Of The Software Do A Search And Youll Just Have To Figure Out The Specs I Just Did Aafter 3 Months All I Did Was Call Sprint Had Them Reset My Vision And Email Pass Word. Look On This Site An