Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    When I try to get into webpages where I have to enter a username/password, it says the browser I'm using won't accept cookies, and won't let me into the site. I've turned the cookies off and it still won't show the webpage. Any advice?

Thanks, Justin
    Try to download a different browser. I had that similar problem with the browser included with the treo. I currently use webpro and it is faster.
    WebPro solves this problem with some but not all of these sites. in my experience some sites (like my bank :-( ) just don't support browsers other than the major ones like IE and Netscape.

(incidentally, to use WebPro you need to download the T600 java software from the PalmOne support site)
    You dont need java to run WebPro, your thinking of Reqwireless WebViewer.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Quote Originally Posted by jgassaway
    When I try to get into webpages where I have to enter a username/password, it says the browser I'm using won't accept cookies, and won't let me into the site. I've turned the cookies off and it still won't show the webpage. Any advice?

Thanks, Justin

What types of sites are you trying to access? You might need a browser that supports htpps...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    my.yahoo.com

Justin
    What version of the firmware do you have?

I just got a replacement phone for yet another dead one, and it's v1.2. I can't get any cookie-requiring sites to work correctly, even though they did in 1.1.
    Same issue here. When I try to login to my.yahoo.com com using the internal browser, the login fails and I get redirected to a page stating my browser does not accept cookies. I'm running Treo600-1.20-SPR.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgassaway

Thanks, Justin
    I had a sprint t600 and I could get into my bank of america account but when I swithced to t-mobile I no longer can get into the password protected part of the site.
    It really is a bummer when others can log into those sites. No problem with my.yahoo.com. No problem with my bank. No problem with my wife's bank. Darn. I also am running the v1.2 and Blazer. Ben