Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I just got my 600 and wanted to know how to download ringers. Whenver I try it says that the file type I'm trying to download is not supported by your device.
    Where are you trying to download the ringers from? What site?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    At&t

They sent a link to my phone and when I pull it up it says "The file type you are attempting to download is not supported on your device"
    If you just want to get some Midi Tones then try a site such as mididb.com and download them directly to your phone. This should work just fine. Also check out Treo.tc, they have a few ringers ( I think). Keep in mind though that if you have a memory card you can use Mp3's as ringtones with Lightwav .
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    How do I download them directly to my phone?
    The ringtone should be highlighted like a hyperlink. Click on the ringtone and it will ask if you want to download that ringtone. You say yes. After it is downloaded it will ask to open or save the file. Open it if you want to listen to it right away and save if you want to keep browsing for more. Then go into your ringtone manager and select what you want to assign that tone to do.
    Handspring Treo 300 --> Handspring Treo 600--> PalmOne Treo 650--> HTC PPC 6700--> HTC Mogul---> HTC Touch Pro---> Palm Pre
    Just browse the website with the midi files linked, and you should be able to download them and install them directly to your Treo. Besides the sites already mentioned, visit the one in my signature from your Treo. We have a pretty good collection.