Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've released a new TreoGuard beta. Here's a list of what's new:

- Added new key actions feature to allow any of the four application keys to perform various actions (vol up/down, hang up, toggle mute, answer/ignore).
    - Added new radio control feature to allow the radio to be automatically re-enabled after a soft reset.
    - Added new radio schedule feature to allow the radio to be automatically enabled/disabled at a specified time each day.
    - Added feature to automatically turn the screen back on when a call ends, allowing confirmation that the call was disconnected.
    - Added feature to prevent accidental ringer volume adjustment.

You can download the beta from my site at http://www.geakware.com/treoguard/do...d_v1_4_08b.zip.

For anyone that hasn't heard of TreoGuard and is curious, you can visit the TreoGuard page on my site to find out more. Keep in mind that the site does not yet reflect the new features in this beta release.

IMPORTANT: Be sure to uninstall any previous version of TreoGuard before installing the beta.

Also, while the .zip file contains a user's guide, I have not yet updated the guide to reflect the new features in this beta. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or suggestions. I'd also like to know if you find a problem.

Sincerely,
    Geoff Akens
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by geakware; 10/12/2004 at 09:16 PM. Reason: 1.4.08b Available
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
    Geoff,

I'm a registered user and look forward to the new version! I like having the screen off during calls to save battery life. But, sometimes I lose a signal and keep talking to someone or leaving a message and don't find out until I think I'm done with the call, turn the screen back on, and see the "network signal lost" (or something like that) message. Is there a way to add a feature to TreoGuard so that it gives a unique audible alert if the "network signal lost" message appears while the sreen is turned off?
    There is already a sound for that outside of TreoGuard.

Prefs -> Sound -> Phone -> Service Tone
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Alex is right, the treo does make an alert tone, however this is useless if your treo is set to silent for example.

Geoff, would it be possible to make the screen turn back on in the event that a phone call is dropped?

Also, I have noticed a bug in v1.3 of TreoGuard. Here is the situation...

1) Talking on the phone normally with (treoguard initialized) screen off
    2) An incoming call comes in, I click ignore.

Now, the screen WILL NOT go off again at this point. Even clicking the power button will not turn the screen off while remaining on the original phonecall. The only way I've found to turn it off it to launch Sandman manually. Can you verify this? I'll give you new beta a shot and see if the problem still exists.
    Is it just me, or are you guys also unable to answer calls with the vol up key?
    Thanks for the update, Geoff! I like the new features you added.

However, I did find the following problems:
    1) As rudy mentioned, I can't make the Volume UP key answer calls.
    2) Even if "alphanumeric" is checked, my incoming calls still get muted when I press any alphanumeric key.
    3) Even if "volume" is checked, my incoming calls still get muted when I press any of the Volume keys.

Anyone else getting these problems?

NOTE: I did uninstall the previous version first before installing this new version.

EDIT: Scratch out #2. I guess a soft reset is required in order to solve it.
    Last edited by TR30; 05/30/2004 at 05:01 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevp913
    Alex is right, the treo does make an alert tone, however this is useless if your treo is set to silent for example.

Geoff, would it be possible to make the screen turn back on in the event that a phone call is dropped?

Also, I have noticed a bug in v1.3 of TreoGuard. Here is the situation...

1) Talking on the phone normally with (treoguard initialized) screen off
    2) An incoming call comes in, I click ignore.

Now, the screen WILL NOT go off again at this point. Even clicking the power button will not turn the screen off while remaining on the original phonecall. The only way I've found to turn it off it to launch Sandman manually. Can you verify this? I'll give you new beta a shot and see if the problem still exists.
    kevp913,

I've had a similar request to turn the screen back on when a call drops. It's on my list of future enhancements.

I made a partial attempt to fix the problem with call waiting calls in this new beta. It should work properly for people with Sprint, but if you continue to have problems with the screen going back off after a call waiting call (using the new beta), please let me know.

Geoff
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Thanks for the update, Geoff! I like the new features you added.

However, I did find the following problems:
    1) As rudy mentioned, I can't make the Volume UP key answer calls.
    2) Even if "alphanumeric" is checked, my incoming calls still get muted when I press any alphanumeric key.
    3) Even if "volume" is checked, my incoming calls still get muted when I press any of the Volume keys.

Anyone else getting these problems?

NOTE: I did uninstall the previous version first before installing this new version.

EDIT: Scratch out #2. I guess a soft reset is required in order to solve it.
    TR30,

I'll look into these problems. It could be another GSM difference, since it's worked fine on my Sprint phone. Would you mind helping with a little debugging if I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my Treo?

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    kevp913,

I've had a similar request to turn the screen back on when a call drops. It's on my list of future enhancements.

I made a partial attempt to fix the problem with call waiting calls in this new beta. It should work properly for people with Sprint, but if you continue to have problems with the screen going back off after a call waiting call (using the new beta), please let me know.

Geoff
    Something like this would be great. As I mentioned above, an optional audible alert would be nice as well. I use my Treo in a Covertec belt-clip case, with a headset when driving and the screen is not visible to me to even see the lost network call signal from Sprint. So, turning on the screen wouldn't necessarily help in that situation. Also, if you have the phone up to your ear, you can't see the screen either. In fact, I rarely use my phone in a way that turning the screen back on for a dropped call would be useful to me, though it sounds like this is not the case for others. Thanks for considering adding this and, hopefully, both a silent and audible option to accomodate varied users. The benefit, as implied by kevp913 above, is that your software can operate independently of the system settings, whereas the limited Phone Prefs do not.

Also, to alex_mathews, I'm not sure if you use Sprint as I do. But, my dropped calls often do not occur with a lost network connection (ie; red flashing light). I've been looking at my phone on only a few occasions when the call was dropped, and the network connections visually reports itself as intact the entire time. So, the change you suggest in the Phone Prefs would, unfortunately for me, not provide much benefit. However, thanks very much for the suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmorganstein
    Also, to alex_mathews, I'm not sure if you use Sprint as I do. But, my dropped calls often do not occur with a lost network connection (ie; red flashing light). I've been looking at my phone on only a few occasions when the call was dropped, and the network connections visually reports itself as intact the entire time. So, the change you suggest in the Phone Prefs would, unfortunately for me, not provide much benefit. However, thanks very much for the suggestion.
    I'm with Sprint as well, but I don't experience many dropped calls. If the cause of the dropped call is not a lost network connection, then I'm not sure it would be possible to detect it. It would require an indication that the called ended for a different reason other than the other person hanging up. It would be interesting to know if there is a signal or event that signifies a truely dropped call.
    TR30,

I'll look into these problems. It could be another GSM difference, since it's worked fine on my Sprint phone. Would you mind helping with a little debugging if I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my Treo?

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Sure, Geoff. I can help you out with some debugging. But just so you know, I too have a Sprint phone.
  12.    #12  
    Sure, Geoff. I can help you out with some debugging. But just so you know, I too have a Sprint phone.
    Is there any chance you have another application that uses the volume keys? Maybe Butler or VolKeys?

Geoff
    Is there any chance you have another application that uses the volume keys? Maybe Butler or VolKeys?

Geoff
    Hey Geoff, yes, I do have two apps that uses the volume keys -- Butler and your TreoShutter. But I disabled both of them and the Volume UP key still just mutes incoming calls.
    Funny thing is, the volume down key is able to hang up calls (if set).
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    I'm with Sprint as well, but I don't experience many dropped calls. If the cause of the dropped call is not a lost network connection, then I'm not sure it would be possible to detect it. It would require an indication that the called ended for a different reason other than the other person hanging up. It would be interesting to know if there is a signal or event that signifies a truely dropped call.
    Alex, on my T600, when a call is dropped, a message appears on the screen saying something like "Network call lost". I've seen this happen even when the signal strength appears stable (which should probably make me question the accuracy of the signal strength display...). I was hoping to have a feature that detected the presence of this message (even if the screen is off) and provides an audible alert so I don't have to keep talking to someone or leaving a message when there's no one there. I'm not sure if this makes sense (or if this feature can even be implemented ;-) but it's something that I would find helpful.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Hey Geoff, yes, I do have two apps that uses the volume keys -- Butler and your TreoShutter. But I disabled both of them and the Volume UP key still just mutes incoming calls.
    I can't get volume up to answer either. I don't have butler but do have treoshutter.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmorganstein
    Alex, on my T600, when a call is dropped, a message appears on the screen saying something like "Network call lost". I've seen this happen even when the signal strength appears stable (which should probably make me question the accuracy of the signal strength display...). I was hoping to have a feature that detected the presence of this message (even if the screen is off) and provides an audible alert so I don't have to keep talking to someone or leaving a message when there's no one there. I'm not sure if this makes sense (or if this feature can even be implemented ;-) but it's something that I would find helpful.
    If it does give an indication of the dropped call, then there is probably a good chance that what you want could be done. I agree that it would be a nice feature to have. Hopefully Geoff will be interested in implementing it.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    If it does give an indication of the dropped call, then there is probably a good chance that what you want could be done. I agree that it would be a nice feature to have. Hopefully Geoff will be interested in implementing it.
    I'll see what I can do.

Just FYI, I've been, and will continue to be, a little slow to respond. I've got family visiting and won't be able to focus much on TreoGuard updates or bug fixes for a few more days.

Geoff
    I'm new to treoguard and have not been able to figure this out. Is there a way to hang up a call without having to turn the screen back on, disable keyguard and hit hang up? It would be nice to assign a button, like the center, to hang up a call.
    Geoff, I just upgraded the firmware on my Sprint Treo 600 to the latest, 1.20-spr and now Treoguard will not properly launch (the white screen of death), unless I install fake car kit. Otherwise it works ok.

Ben
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast