Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    Chas,

Thanks for giving it a try. I'll take a closer look at this. I may have to install these other applications on my phone to reproduce the problem, since it's been working fine for me for some time.

Geoff
    I've been trying to get to the bottom of the radio off/30 second warning problem.

I have turned off Butler alternate KG, KeyGuardTime, mSafe lock on radio off & OnlyMe just for good measure.

I'm using the standard Key Guard set for 5 seconds.

If I set TG to turn off the radio I get the 30 second warning, however Keyguard pops up and stops the clock on 30 seconds. Is this normal ?

The Radio turns off after 30 seconds, but then the screen stays on, still with the 30 seconds to go warning "locked" by KG. Is this normal ? I assume the palm will turn off after 3 minutes ?

Until I know what's normal I can not track down my problem.

Cheers,

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    ilkeraktuna,

If you set the volume keys to answer calls, does that work? Also, can you describe how you have TreoGuard configured?

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Volume keys does not also work. (I tried nearly every key but didn't work)
    I have a GSM Treo 600.
    I didn't configure anything other than keys for answering calls.

Btw, do you know how will TreoGuard behave if there is also CallFilter installed (and mp3 ringtones are used).

P.S: My only intention for using this software is answering calls with "Phone" button or other hardware buttons. If it's possible some other ways, please advise.

Thanks,
    ilker
    Can I quote you on that?

Seriously though, I have to give credit where it's due. The fake car kit idea was originally proposed by tvBilly (here). I can only claim credit for implementing it.

Geoff
    I most certainly hope that you do

and for tvBilly, well, I remember way back then when NoBackup made the buzz fix. NoBackup, much as TVBilly, made teh suggestion. Milan actually made the first instructions, that he drew on a napkin that he scanned and posted. Ahh, inspiration and their engineers. T|C is a wonderful place when its up and running
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    I've been trying to get to the bottom of the radio off/30 second warning problem.

I have turned off Butler alternate KG, KeyGuardTime, mSafe lock on radio off & OnlyMe just for good measure.

I'm using the standard Key Guard set for 5 seconds.

If I set TG to turn off the radio I get the 30 second warning, however Keyguard pops up and stops the clock on 30 seconds. Is this normal ?

The Radio turns off after 30 seconds, but then the screen stays on, still with the 30 seconds to go warning "locked" by KG. Is this normal ? I assume the palm will turn off after 3 minutes ?

Until I know what's normal I can not track down my problem.

Cheers,

Chas

Chas,

What you're seeing is normal. The screen will eventually turn off (after your auto off timeout period), but the screen showing the countdown will not go away until you dismiss the keyguard. If you'd rather not see the 30 second delay screen, uncheck the "30 second delay" checkbox.

If you have any suggestions for improving how this works, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    Volume keys does not also work. (I tried nearly every key but didn't work)
    I have a GSM Treo 600.
    I didn't configure anything other than keys for answering calls.

Btw, do you know how will TreoGuard behave if there is also CallFilter installed (and mp3 ringtones are used).

P.S: My only intention for using this software is answering calls with "Phone" button or other hardware buttons. If it's possible some other ways, please advise.

Thanks,
    ilker
    ilker,

I suspect the problem is related to CallFilter. I'll check into it.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    ilker,

I suspect the problem is related to CallFilter. I'll check into it.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Maybe, but I've tested disabling CallFilter. didn't work also...
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    Maybe, but I've tested disabling CallFilter. didn't work also...
    You're correct. I downloaded CallFilter and everything worked fine on my phone, even with CallFilter enabled. It must be a conflict with another application. Do you have Butler or any other application that blocks keys installed?

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Chas,

What you're seeing is normal. The screen will eventually turn off (after your auto off timeout period), but the screen showing the countdown will not go away until you dismiss the keyguard. If you'd rather not see the 30 second delay screen, uncheck the "30 second delay" checkbox.

If you have any suggestions for improving how this works, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Geoff
    If I uncheck the 30 second box I will then lose the 30 second delay at reset I assume.
    To be honest I don't need the 30 second warning before the radio off, althought I can see why some might, but I do like the 30 second delay after a reset.
    I don't want to labour the point as I'm happy with TreoOffOn doing the radio bit, it has the 30 seconds post setting but not 30 second pre setting, but TreoOffOn will wake the treo up turn off the radio and then go back to sleep without waiting for the palm to time out.

As I said before, I'm happy with TG for all the other features

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    With the latest TreoGuard version, I am having a problem when I am on a call and a second comes in. I cannot answer or ignore that second call no matter what I do. I have the Volume up/down keys enabled to answer/ignore calls. I also have Screen/Power enabled as well. It has happened a number of times and I have had to disable TreoGuard. Has anyone seen this with 1.4.02?

Bill
    Can I quote you on that?

Seriously though, I have to give credit where it's due. The fake car kit idea was originally proposed by tvBilly (here). I can only claim credit for implementing it.

Geoff
    It got me a free serial number; well worth it. PhoneGuard is one of the most necessary programs I have on my Treo...

As always, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdeg55
    With the latest TreoGuard version, I am having a problem when I am on a call and a second comes in. I cannot answer or ignore that second call no matter what I do. I have the Volume up/down keys enabled to answer/ignore calls. I also have Screen/Power enabled as well. It has happened a number of times and I have had to disable TreoGuard. Has anyone seen this with 1.4.02?

Bill
    Yep, same problem here, I thought it was just me.
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdeg55

Bill
    Bill,

I will check into this to see if there's a bug that's causing the problem.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Bill,

I will check into this to see if there's a bug that's causing the problem.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Me too. I love phone guard. I've found that I can go to another hard app, and screw around with th buttons in various ways, and it eventually comes back (Sorry, haven't had enough time to drill it down better).

Sprint CDMA Treo 600
  14.    #174  
    Hi Everyone,

I've update the release candidate with some additions that, based on your feedback, I felt were important enough to include before the official release. The new additions include:

1. Now you can choose to only enable the actions asigned to the four application buttons if the screen is off. This leaves the application buttons available for normal use when the screen is on.

2. The '30 second delay' option on the radio scheduling screen has been broken out into two options. You can now choose to have a 30 second delay after a reset and/or when the schedule on/off time arrives.

3. 5-way navigation now works.

4. Updates and support are now available right from your Treo. Just select 'Updates & Support' from the 'Options' menu.

Download it here.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems with the release candidate.

Also, the .zip archive includes an updated user's guide. If you have any feedback about the guide (can something be made more clear), please let me know that also.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Thanks much Geoff. Wish everyone supported their software as promptly as you. Can't wait to try this new release. I already love it since you added the 'actions' only when screen off feature. How about the soft reset scheduling feature - next release I hope. Keep up the vigilance.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Hi Geoff. Ver 1.5.01 working well so far. Got something to report though. I have the radio scheduled to turn on daily at 6:30 am, and turn off at 11:00 pm. This morning it turned on as scheduled - flawless as v1.5. But at 8:30 am, I heard the system sound for the radio turning on/off (never happened with v1.5). I checked to see that the radio was indeed still on. It's not the radio turning on after a reset because I don't have that feature checked. This is the first day since installing last night so it could be a fluke. I'll watch it for a few days and report back. Just to let you know that it's pretty stable otherwise. Thanks again.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Hi Geoff. Ver 1.5.01 working well so far. Got something to report though. I have the radio scheduled to turn on daily at 6:30 am, and turn off at 11:00 pm. This morning it turned on as scheduled - flawless as v1.5. But at 8:30 am, I heard the system sound for the radio turning on/off (never happened with v1.5). I checked to see that the radio was indeed still on. It's not the radio turning on after a reset because I don't have that feature checked. This is the first day since installing last night so it could be a fluke. I'll watch it for a few days and report back. Just to let you know that it's pretty stable otherwise. Thanks again.
    Thanks for the information. Please keep me posted...

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Geoff,

I have just tried out this newest version of TreoGuard, and I have to say that I'm really impressed. TreoGuard really makes the Treo600 more usable for me with a lot of the little things that it does. The added ability to use the hardware buttons to answer or end a call (etc) are really helpful, as is the ability to have the treo turn on after a call has ended.
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Geoff,

I have just tried out this newest version of TreoGuard, and I have to say that I'm really impressed. TreoGuard really makes the Treo600 more usable for me with a lot of the little things that it does. The added ability to use the hardware buttons to answer or end a call (etc) are really helpful, as is the ability to have the treo turn on after a call has ended.
    paulsjmail,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm always trying to make TreoGuard better, so if you have a suggestion for an improvement, please feel free to share.

Geoff
    Georff, I recently tried Voice Dialer from Grover Industries - not a bad application. However, it likes to access the volume keys to perform its various functions. The thing though is that I have Treo Guard set to lock the volume keys. I have brought it to Grover Industries' attention of the conflict. I did write them and stated that I prefered to keep the volume keys locked and requested an option to define a user-selectable key for their app.

Ben
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast