Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    I tried the Radio Control in 1.4.08b.

It's the first time I tried it in TreoGuard, as I normally use TreoOffOn.

For some reason I got a warning message saying "your radio will turn off in 299 seconds" , or somthing like that. I had to press OK or it kept warking up the Treo.

Then when it got to my set off time, it did not turn it off

So it's back to TreoOffOn for me. I still use TG, but just for the other features.

Cheers,

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Hey Geoff,

1.4.08b has been working fine for me so far. I really love the "Actions" feature. It makes it very convenient to hang up calls, mute calls, and adjust volume while the screen is off. No longer have to turn on the screen first.

I got one feature request. Not sure if it's doable, but I thought I'd just throw it out there. Would it be possible to add audio and/or vibrate feedback whenever a call is muted/unmuted? With the screen off, it's a bit hard to tell if the call is actually muted/unmuted. It would also be great to have this feedback for ending calls.
    TR30,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add it to the feature list for next release.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    I tried the Radio Control in 1.4.08b.

It's the first time I tried it in TreoGuard, as I normally use TreoOffOn.

For some reason I got a warning message saying "your radio will turn off in 299 seconds" , or somthing like that. I had to press OK or it kept warking up the Treo.

Then when it got to my set off time, it did not turn it off

So it's back to TreoOffOn for me. I still use TG, but just for the other features.

Cheers,

Chas

Chas,

Can you give the attached 1.5 release candidate a try? I've cleaned up a little of the code that deals with radio scheduling and it has been solid for nearly a week on my phone.

Please remember to uninstall any previous version first, including the FakeCarKit.prc file.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I like the ability to Mute, change volumes and hang up while on a call and when the screen is off BUT unfortunately I do not have enough buttons to have ALL those features active. I am wondering if there is another way of doing this without loosing certain functions. Here is my issue:

I currently have set the Envelope hard button to be my hang-up function. I have left the other 3 buttons as is since I need them to do their STANDARD functions while I am on a call.

The Phone button takes me to TakePhone so I can make other calls while on the phone or to look up numbers to give to others. The Calendar button is set for 2Day so I can check my calendar while I am on the phone so I know when I can make appointments. The Power button is left as the power/on-off screen button since if I am on the phone and my screen is off and I need to see the screen to see how long I have been on the phone or get to the keypad, etc.

Now if I set my Phone/calendar buttons to be volume up/down then I no longer can use those buttons while I am on an active call. I cannot even use them if I go to my launcher while there is an active call!

So how about this. The ONLY time the STANDARD volume keys on the Treo become deactivated is when the screen turns off, so is it possible for TreoGuard to KEEP the volume keys available even when the screen turns off while I am on the phone ? That solves me needing to allocate valuable buttons for such a task. By the way, I have set my volume DOWN key to ignore calls and the Volume up key set as default (which silences the ringer) when a phone call is coming in. I still would like that function BUT only when a call is ringing. With this solution my volume keys continue to work as they are supposed to even when the screen turns off while I am on a call and I no longer have to loose my other two hard buttons.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

By the way, trying out 1.5 and so far so good. I will keep you posted on the radio issues that I also experienced as stated above.
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    Chas,

Can you give the attached 1.5 release candidate a try? I've cleaned up a little of the code that deals with radio scheduling and it has been solid for nearly a week on my phone.

Please remember to uninstall any previous version first, including the FakeCarKit.prc file.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    1.5rc so far.

If I turn off all functions in TreoOffOn. Then set TreoGuard to turn on & off at set times, plus turn on after reset and wait 30 seconds.

Then 30 seconds before it's due to turn off I get the OK/OFF/Ignore box. If I do nothing, as would normally be the case as I may not be near the Treo at that time, the Screen turns off after about 5 seconds. It then turns on again at 12 seconds to go. It then turns off again. When it comes back on it's reading 250 seconds to go. After this it repeats ditto and does not turn off.

If I uncheck the 30second box it works OK, without the Warning.

Just for the record, I'm using Butler's alternative KeyGuard, plus Key GuardTime.

If I uncheck the 30 second box plus reset box, and turn on these features in TreoOffOn, then my resets are OK.

Bit of a mouthful, but I hope this helps.

I will continue testing, but without the reset or 30 second options.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInfo
    I like the ability to Mute, change volumes and hang up while on a call and when the screen is off BUT unfortunately I do not have enough buttons to have ALL those features active. I am wondering if there is another way of doing this without loosing certain functions. Here is my issue:

I currently have set the Envelope hard button to be my hang-up function. I have left the other 3 buttons as is since I need them to do their STANDARD functions while I am on a call.

The Phone button takes me to TakePhone so I can make other calls while on the phone or to look up numbers to give to others. The Calendar button is set for 2Day so I can check my calendar while I am on the phone so I know when I can make appointments. The Power button is left as the power/on-off screen button since if I am on the phone and my screen is off and I need to see the screen to see how long I have been on the phone or get to the keypad, etc.

Now if I set my Phone/calendar buttons to be volume up/down then I no longer can use those buttons while I am on an active call. I cannot even use them if I go to my launcher while there is an active call!

So how about this. The ONLY time the STANDARD volume keys on the Treo become deactivated is when the screen turns off, so is it possible for TreoGuard to KEEP the volume keys available even when the screen turns off while I am on the phone ? That solves me needing to allocate valuable buttons for such a task. By the way, I have set my volume DOWN key to ignore calls and the Volume up key set as default (which silences the ringer) when a phone call is coming in. I still would like that function BUT only when a call is ringing. With this solution my volume keys continue to work as they are supposed to even when the screen turns off while I am on a call and I no longer have to loose my other two hard buttons.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

By the way, trying out 1.5 and so far so good. I will keep you posted on the radio issues that I also experienced as stated above.

Mac,

Unfortunately, there's no way to keep the volume keys active while the screen is off. That's why I allow the volume functions to be assigned to one of the four application buttons, since these buttons are always active.

I like your idea of having these functions only enabled if the screen is off. I'll look into that.

Thanks,
    Geoff
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    1.5rc so far.

If I turn off all functions in TreoOffOn. Then set TreoGuard to turn on & off at set times, plus turn on after reset and wait 30 seconds.

Then 30 seconds before it's due to turn off I get the OK/OFF/Ignore box. If I do nothing, as would normally be the case as I may not be near the Treo at that time, the Screen turns off after about 5 seconds. It then turns on again at 12 seconds to go. It then turns off again. When it comes back on it's reading 250 seconds to go. After this it repeats ditto and does not turn off.

If I uncheck the 30second box it works OK, without the Warning.

Just for the record, I'm using Butler's alternative KeyGuard, plus Key GuardTime.

If I uncheck the 30 second box plus reset box, and turn on these features in TreoOffOn, then my resets are OK.

Bit of a mouthful, but I hope this helps.

I will continue testing, but without the reset or 30 second options.

Chas
    Chas,

Thanks for giving it a try. I'll take a closer look at this. I may have to install these other applications on my phone to reproduce the problem, since it's been working fine for me for some time.

Geoff
    Ok, I think I have found a problem with 1.4.08 and 1.5. When I am on a call and after 3 min (my prefs for screen off inside TreoGuard) if I want to turn on the screen again by pressing the power on key, I no longer am able to turn on the screen. it acts like the power key is not even recognized. I have NOT set anything for the power key in Keyguard. Side note I have set the envelope key as a hangup button and that DOES work. Any ideas?
    Mac,

Unfortunately, there's no way to keep the volume keys active while the screen is off. That's why I allow the volume functions to be assigned to one of the four application buttons, since these buttons are always active.

I like your idea of having these functions only enabled if the screen is off. I'll look into that.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Hey Geoff, how about the 5-way buttons? Can those be assigned while screen is off (just to free up some hard keys)? Like UP/DOWN can be Volume UP/DOWN, LEFT or RIGHT can be toggle mute, and CENTER can be the hang up button. Or is the 5-way not always active?
    Hey Geoff, how about the 5-way buttons? Can those be assigned while screen is off (just to free up some hard keys)? Like UP/DOWN can be Volume UP/DOWN, LEFT or RIGHT can be toggle mute, and CENTER can be the hang up button. Or is the 5-way not always active?
    This would be useful IF the screen is off (if at all possible), since if the screen is active then you may want the 5-way to be available to go through the buttons available within the Phone app. But GREAT idea!
  11.    #151  
    Unfortunately, the 5-way buttons are not active either.

Geoff
  12.    #152  
    Ok, I think I have found a problem with 1.4.08 and 1.5. When I am on a call and after 3 min (my prefs for screen off inside TreoGuard) if I want to turn on the screen again by pressing the power on key, I no longer am able to turn on the screen. it acts like the power key is not even recognized. I have NOT set anything for the power key in Keyguard. Side note I have set the envelope key as a hangup button and that DOES work. Any ideas?
    Mac,

Which power button are you using to try and turn the screen back on... the top button or the fourth application button (which by default acts as a power button)?

Thanks,
    Geoff
    4th application button. I never use the button on the top.
    I can't make any of the hardware buttons to answer calls. I have also CallFilter on my Treo 600. But for testing purpose I uninstalled it and tried again.
    Still no chance.
    Why can't I answer calls with any keys ?
    Mac,

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Having 'Actions' for the four hardkeys only active when the screen is off is what I need. I would like to be able to use the default hardkeys when the screen is on during a call in case I need to read or write information while on a call. I even sometimes send text messages while on a call. But when the screen is off, then 'Actions' is an excellent feature. I really hope this is doable. Thanks for the great work Geoff. Keep up the efforts.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  16.    #156  
    I haven't been able to reproduce this, though I've only tried a few times. I'll keep trying, but if you can think of any additional information, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Geoff
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    I can't make any of the hardware buttons to answer calls. I have also CallFilter on my Treo 600. But for testing purpose I uninstalled it and tried again.
    Still no chance.
    Why can't I answer calls with any keys ?
    ilkeraktuna,

If you set the volume keys to answer calls, does that work? Also, can you describe how you have TreoGuard configured?

Thanks,
    Geoff
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Having 'Actions' for the four hardkeys only active when the screen is off is what I need. I would like to be able to use the default hardkeys when the screen is on during a call in case I need to read or write information while on a call. I even sometimes send text messages while on a call. But when the screen is off, then 'Actions' is an excellent feature. I really hope this is doable. Thanks for the great work Geoff. Keep up the efforts.
    ChemEngr,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that this is a definite improvement, though I probably won't be able to incorporate it until the next release. It's going to be high on my list of features though, so it's virtually guaranteed to be in the next version... provided it's possible.

Geoff
    Geoff, you just rule man, ever since the first fakecarkit.prc. You plain kicks ***
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Geoff, you just rule man, ever since the first fakecarkit.prc. You plain kicks ***
    Can I quote you on that?

Seriously though, I have to give credit where it's due. The fake car kit idea was originally proposed by tvBilly (here). I can only claim credit for implementing it.

Geoff
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast