Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Is anyone using the app Soundoff with Treoguard (Soundoff is a great little app to let you know the treo sound is off when you power on). If using Soundoff, and the switch on top of the treo is in the mute position (no sound), when I receive a call the phone does NOT vibrate. Instead, I just get the "Sound Off" splash screen, which then becomes blank. If Soundoff is NOT enabled, the phone vibrates normall on an incoming call. There appears to be some interaction between Soundoff and Treoguard that is not working well...This only happens if the switch is moved to the mute position while the treo is off, and the "autodetect ring switch" is checked.
    Well, being that I am the author/programmer/designer of SoundOff I use both TreoGuard and SoundOff together. But truthfully cannot say I have experienced the same thing you are writing about. I will, however give it check in the next few days and see what is happening. Dumb question, you do have the vibrate option enabled in SoundOff, right?

My only problem with TreoGuard is that is does not turn the screen on when the call goes back on hook. I did mention this to Geoff but no follow up as of yet. The screen off, and one day soon - hopefully, and screen on is the only two functions I use in TreoGuard.

My phone is an unbranded GSM with T-Mobile as my carrier.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Geoff, I am running the latest and greatest version, 1.04.7b and when doing the radio on/off thing this morning, the radio did turn off at the set time and DID NOT come back on at the set time. Otherwise, this release has been stable for me. Ben
    The more I think about it, I think I experienced the same thing this morning. I will keep an eye on it tomorrow morning to make sure. Was a little tired from a long night, so I may be wrong on this.

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Geoff, I am running the latest and greatest version, 1.04.7b and when doing the radio on/off thing this morning, the radio did turn off at the set time and DID NOT come back on at the set time. Otherwise, this release has been stable for me. Ben
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quickster- thanks for the quick reply. I do *not* have vibrate enabled in SoundOff, as I don't need to have a vibrate "notification"- I just want the phone to vibrate for an incoming call if the top hard button is in the mute position. That said, I've now discovered that if I just uncheck "enable auto detecting...", it works fine again. That is, the phone now vibrates for an incoming call, showing the "soundoff" icon. Hope that makes sense.... The auto detect is not critical for me, but let me know if you want any further help troubleshooting it (assuming you can replicate the problem!).
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    Well, being that I am the author/programmer/designer of SoundOff I use both TreoGuard and SoundOff together. But truthfully cannot say I have experienced the same thing you are writing about. I will, however give it check in the next few days and see what is happening. Dumb question, you do have the vibrate option enabled in SoundOff, right?

My only problem with TreoGuard is that is does not turn the screen on when the call goes back on hook. I did mention this to Geoff but no follow up as of yet. The screen off, and one day soon - hopefully, and screen on is the only two functions I use in TreoGuard.

My phone is an unbranded GSM with T-Mobile as my carrier.
    Quickster,

I haven't forgotten your issue. I'm reviewing the code, trying to figure out what the problem might be. At this point I'm not certain how to proceed, since I can't reproduce the problem and nothing is jumping out of the code. I'll let you know if I come up with something. Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInfo
    The more I think about it, I think I experienced the same thing this morning. I will keep an eye on it tomorrow morning to make sure. Was a little tired from a long night, so I may be wrong on this.
    Mac/Ben,

I expect to have a new version to address this soon. I thought I'd spend a few days to see how it goes before posting it. Look for a new version in a day or two.

Geoff
    But ONLY as a user selectable option PLEASE. I would hate to have this feature. I currently use one of the volume keys as a "ignore caller" and that is perfect especially when the phone is on my hip. And when I am talking, I have the mail hard button set to the hang up caller and that is perfect since that hard button is not important for access inside the phone application and is perfect as a hang up button especially when the screen is off.
    Actually, even when combining the IgnoreCall/HangUp function into one combo, you can assign it to both hard buttons and still have the same desired effect.
    Well I have additional updates. This morning I woke up to my Treo's screen being on. NOT a GOOD thing..... I noticed that my battery was down to about 40% from a 90% charge last night. I also use Chatter but it is set to log off after each email sync so it is not live all the time. I have set TreoGuard to turn off the radio at 12am and wake back up at 6am. During that time period if Chatter sees no Cell service, it just sits idle till the cell connection comes back on. Since I believe TreoGuard is doing that correctly, the Radio or Chatter should not have anything to do with this problem. And as I further played around I noticed if I turned off my palm by pressing the power button, about 10 sec. later the screen would pop right back on. I disabled TreoGuard and everything went back to normal. Then I reactivated TreoGuard and again the problem came back. So I then unchecked ALL Radio functions in TreoGuard and this time everything worked normal. So that tells me that since last night at 12am (maybe) my screen has been on and when the 2 min. passes for the Palm to go to sleep, TreoGuard was turning it back on again.

I hope your new build might have found and fixed this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    Quickster,

I haven't forgotten your issue. I'm reviewing the code, trying to figure out what the problem might be. At this point I'm not certain how to proceed, since I can't reproduce the problem and nothing is jumping out of the code. I'll let you know if I come up with something. Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner.

Geoff
    Thanks Geoff.

Has anyone else experienced such an issue? The screen turns off as desired but does not turn on again when the call is completed.

I just received a new phone this morning, other one had a fungus growing behind the screen, and will see what happens with it. Interesting, the new phone now has the palmOne brand logo on it. Of course, that does make sense.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Any luck on a new build GeakWare ? I am still getting the battery drain in the morning when I wake up if I use the Radio function.
  11.    #131  
    Any luck on a new build GeakWare ? I am still getting the battery drain in the morning when I wake up if I use the Radio function.
    Mac,

I'm still working on this. I'll post something when I feel I've got a stable version. In the meantime, I'd recommend not using the radio scheduling feature.

Geoff
    No problem and thanks for the update.
    If radio scheduling is important, take a look at Treo Helper. Ben
    I can actually use Prefeo LT, I was jsut hoping since it was already implemented into TreoGuard to just use one program.

I also thought Treo Helper was really for the Treo 300. Does it work with no issues with the Treo 600 ?

Thank you for the info.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Treo Helper works fine on the Treo600.. it turns the radio off and on as expected (though I don't use the scheduling feature), and auto-login to vision (or GPRS, I assume) works fine as well...
    I also can attest to the no problems on my Sprint Treo 600l. Works as advertised. I also use it to lock the Treo via SMS and to get mail from SMS notification. Ben
  17.    #137  
    Mac,

I think I have this fixed. Things seem to be working correctly on my phone now. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

You can get it from here.

Geoff
  18.    #138  
    Should I assume no news is good news? How are things going for those using 1.4.08b?

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Geoff, I have had no issues with this release. No crashes, no nothing. Not a thing. Ben
    Hey Geoff,

1.4.08b has been working fine for me so far. I really love the "Actions" feature. It makes it very convenient to hang up calls, mute calls, and adjust volume while the screen is off. No longer have to turn on the screen first.

I got one feature request. Not sure if it's doable, but I thought I'd just throw it out there. Would it be possible to add audio and/or vibrate feedback whenever a call is muted/unmuted? With the screen off, it's a bit hard to tell if the call is actually muted/unmuted. It would also be great to have this feedback for ending calls.