Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 239
  1. #81  
    Geoff, did I send you a note asking for support of WAV files to work with this thing - specifically to say something like, "Hey, Stupid! Check my brain out!" It should probably reside in main memory and be played by TPunes. Ben
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Geoff, did I send you a note asking for support of WAV files to work with this thing - specifically to say something like, "Hey, Stupid! Check my brain out!" It should probably reside in main memory and be played by TPunes. Ben
    Ben,

    You lost me on this post... I'm not sure what you're getting at.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  3. #83  
    HA HA HA HA!

    Sounds like Ben had a good time drinking last night!
  4. #84  
    Yepper, I lost mysel fon that one also. Wrong program. Your program works great as it is. The program in question is Card Keeper....Oh,well. As for drinking las night, it was a heavy coke-a-cola night last night. It does that to me.

    You all take care. Ben
  5. #85  
    I've been testing the radio schedule feature of ver 1.4.04b. Works pretty well but I've observed an anomaly. On a regular basis, I turn off the radio before going to bed and turn it on when I wake up. Battery power would normally lose 1% during this period of 'sleep.' So I set the radio schedule feature to turn on & off at the usual times. Three nights ago, my battery went down 20%. Thinking this was just some fluke, I made a mental note, charged it full and watched it turn the radio off at the scheduled time. In the morning, it turns the radio on at the scheduled time, and checking the battery meter it says 75%. WTF!?!?!? How could it be losing that much power when there should be no activity whatsoever. Not using this feature at the moment

    I also like the feature to automatically turn back on when the call ends. This works as intended on incoming calls - turns back on (stays on) with the phone screen confirming disconnect. On outgoing calls, after the other party hangs up, it will briefly (< 1 sec) flash the phone screen confirming the disconnection. It would be perfect if it stayed on just like incoming calls.

    Great feature additions Geoff. Keep up the efforts.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    I've been testing the radio schedule feature of ver 1.4.04b. Works pretty well but I've observed an anomaly. On a regular basis, I turn off the radio before going to bed and turn it on when I wake up. Battery power would normally lose 1% during this period of 'sleep.' So I set the radio schedule feature to turn on & off at the usual times. Three nights ago, my battery went down 20%. Thinking this was just some fluke, I made a mental note, charged it full and watched it turn the radio off at the scheduled time. In the morning, it turns the radio on at the scheduled time, and checking the battery meter it says 75%. WTF!?!?!? How could it be losing that much power when there should be no activity whatsoever. Not using this feature at the moment

    I also like the feature to automatically turn back on when the call ends. This works as intended on incoming calls - turns back on (stays on) with the phone screen confirming disconnect. On outgoing calls, after the other party hangs up, it will briefly (< 1 sec) flash the phone screen confirming the disconnection. It would be perfect if it stayed on just like incoming calls.

    Great feature additions Geoff. Keep up the efforts.
    ChemEngr,

    I've been using this feature now for over a week and have observed no similar behavior. Are you certain this isn't caused by some other 3rd-party application? I would recommend that you leave the feature disabled and observe your battery usage for a few more nights to verify that the problem is related to the radio scheduling feature. Let me know what you find. In the meantime, I'll keep a closer eye on my battery levels each night/morning. If anyone else can confirm this as a problem, I'd like to know.

    I'll also look into the issue with the screen not staying on after an outgoing call completes.

    Thanks,
    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  7. #87  
    I have had the newest release installed since it came out and have not noticed any difference. I also set it to turn the phone off/on for church and again, no problem. It performs in this area as well as Treo Helper does in turning off/on.

    Ben
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    ChemEngr,

    I've been using this feature now for over a week and have observed no similar behavior. Are you certain this isn't caused by some other 3rd-party application? I would recommend that you leave the feature disabled and observe your battery usage for a few more nights to verify that the problem is related to the radio scheduling feature. Let me know what you find. In the meantime, I'll keep a closer eye on my battery levels each night/morning. If anyone else can confirm this as a problem, I'd like to know.

    I'll also look into the issue with the screen not staying on after an outgoing call completes.

    Thanks,
    Geoff
    OK, after a soft reset both issues did not occur. I suspect some third party apps causing memory leak problems - I'm not sure which app. I guess a habit of periodic resets is in order. Which gives me an idea for a new feature request - could you add a 'reset' that could be scheduled. I'm thinking I could set TreoGuard to reset the Treo before turning the radio on. Thanks for the prompt response Geoff.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    OK, after a soft reset both issues did not occur. I suspect some third party apps causing memory leak problems - I'm not sure which app. I guess a habit of periodic resets is in order. Which gives me an idea for a new feature request - could you add a 'reset' that could be scheduled. I'm thinking I could set TreoGuard to reset the Treo before turning the radio on. Thanks for the prompt response Geoff.
    Glad to hear you figured it out. I'll consider your suggestion about scheduling regular soft resets for a possible feature in a future release.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  10. #90  
    Ok I found a BIG issue with the Screen turning on after a completed call feature. I like the concept and would LOVE to continue to use it. One a QUICK side note, I am also experiencing the quick flash of screen turning on and off after the party hangs up the phone. But back to my main issue, I use Chatter and it is set to use Offline Qsync. This feature makes a net connection while the palm is turned off(screen does not wake up) and syncs my mail with my mail server. Once it is done, it disconnects from the net and continues to sleep. If there is new mail the screen never turns on and all it does is play a midi sound and flashed the LED. Once I activated the new TreoGuard feature, now my screen turns on EVERY TIME it DISCONNECTS from the net. is it possible to have TreoGuard not bother with net connections and just look at phone calls???

    Any help/fix sooner than later PLEASE would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks again for such a great tool and love the new features in the latest release.
  11. #91  
    Geoff, 2 feature requests from a registered user:

    1> A way to disable alarm tones while on a phone call.
    2> An "improved" keyguard similar to the one in Butler.

    Best regards,

    Tim ==
  12. #92  
    Disabling alarm tones while on a phone call should be an users selectable option. If I have an alarm set to go off, I want it to go off when it is set to go off. Ben
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInfo
    Ok I found a BIG issue with the Screen turning on after a completed call feature. I like the concept and would LOVE to continue to use it. One a QUICK side note, I am also experiencing the quick flash of screen turning on and off after the party hangs up the phone. But back to my main issue, I use Chatter and it is set to use Offline Qsync. This feature makes a net connection while the palm is turned off(screen does not wake up) and syncs my mail with my mail server. Once it is done, it disconnects from the net and continues to sleep. If there is new mail the screen never turns on and all it does is play a midi sound and flashed the LED. Once I activated the new TreoGuard feature, now my screen turns on EVERY TIME it DISCONNECTS from the net. is it possible to have TreoGuard not bother with net connections and just look at phone calls???

    Any help/fix sooner than later PLEASE would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks again for such a great tool and love the new features in the latest release.
    I am having the same issue with my email service (seven) as above. Every time the data connection disconnects, the screen and keyboard turns on now. I would also like the ability to disable the screen turn on for data disconnect.

    Also, when the screen turns on for a phone call disconnect so that you can verify that it is off is a great. However, the screen stays on for a long time ( the normal screen off timeout). It would be great for this screen turn on to have a short period that is 10 seconds or user definable.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    Also, when the screen turns on for a phone call disconnect so that you can verify that it is off is a great. However, the screen stays on for a long time ( the normal screen off timeout). It would be great for this screen turn on to have a short period that is 10 seconds or user definable.
    I would agree. Before this feature I would always turn on the screen to hang up and also verify that the call was disconnected. But now I just see it and then press the power button to turn off the phone. I think if there is a user definable option to keep the screen on would be great and ALSO if there are any key presses within that period of time then the turn off screen is deactivated. Meaning that you are about to do other functions after this phone call and do not need the screen to turn off.
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInfo
    Ok I found a BIG issue with the Screen turning on after a completed call feature. I like the concept and would LOVE to continue to use it. One a QUICK side note, I am also experiencing the quick flash of screen turning on and off after the party hangs up the phone. But back to my main issue, I use Chatter and it is set to use Offline Qsync. This feature makes a net connection while the palm is turned off(screen does not wake up) and syncs my mail with my mail server. Once it is done, it disconnects from the net and continues to sleep. If there is new mail the screen never turns on and all it does is play a midi sound and flashed the LED. Once I activated the new TreoGuard feature, now my screen turns on EVERY TIME it DISCONNECTS from the net. is it possible to have TreoGuard not bother with net connections and just look at phone calls???

    Any help/fix sooner than later PLEASE would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks again for such a great tool and love the new features in the latest release.
    Mac,

    I'm hoping the attached version will solve this problem. I say "hoping" because I don't have Chatter Mail or an IMAP account to test it with. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

    Geoff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by rengelman
    I am having the same issue with my email service (seven) as above. Every time the data connection disconnects, the screen and keyboard turns on now. I would also like the ability to disable the screen turn on for data disconnect.

    Also, when the screen turns on for a phone call disconnect so that you can verify that it is off is a great. However, the screen stays on for a long time ( the normal screen off timeout). It would be great for this screen turn on to have a short period that is 10 seconds or user definable.
    I'll look into making this feature more configureable, though I can't promise it in this release.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by xpanmanx
    Geoff, 2 feature requests from a registered user:

    1> A way to disable alarm tones while on a phone call.
    2> An "improved" keyguard similar to the one in Butler.

    Best regards,

    Tim ==
    Tim,

    Your first requested feature is already on my list. Once I've found a way to make it work reliabley I'll release a version that includes it.

    With respect to your second request, can you clarify what you mean by "improved"? I don't have Butler...

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    Mac,

    I'm hoping the attached version will solve this problem. I say "hoping" because I don't have Chatter Mail or an IMAP account to test it with. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

    Geoff
    Looks like it is working correctly now. My net dis-connections no longer turn on the screen.

    Thank you.
  19. #99  
    Geoff, the default Treo screen lock sometimes stays locked and causes missed events, such as alarms, BackupBuddy VFS auto-backups. The Butler screen lock does not cause these events to be missed.
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by xpanmanx
    Geoff, the default Treo screen lock sometimes stays locked and causes missed events, such as alarms, BackupBuddy VFS auto-backups. The Butler screen lock does not cause these events to be missed.
    You're correct. The old keyguard was faulty - calendar alerts get blocked if there was a message alert pending. This was true with the old firmware. I used to turn the radio off before bed to make sure no other alerts come in so I can use the calendar alarm. This is no longer true with the new firmware (SPR 1.20). All audible alerts execute even if you don't acknowledge them even with keyguard on. They did something right at least. Do you still have the old firmware?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions