Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I've got a feature request, that I think would be a valuable addition to this program. I'm looking for a way to disable alarms (sound and vibrate alert) for tasks/events/sms while on the phone, because it's very annoying when they go off while talking on the phone.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by jgallen23
    I've got a feature request, that I think would be a valuable addition to this program. I'm looking for a way to disable alarms (sound and vibrate alert) for tasks/events/sms while on the phone, because it's very annoying when they go off while talking on the phone.
    I'm working on an update with new features. The feature you're requesting has been in the works for some time. Unfortunately, I'm having some difficulty getting it to work reliably. I can't guarantee it will be in the next release, but it is in my list of features to add and is being actively worked on.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomer777
    I was wondering something. It seems ever since I installed this app (along with fakecarkit), headsets don't work like they used to. I could be wrong about this, but I am trying to troubleshoot the situation. It seems that I when I plug a headset in (the generic one that came with the unit), I get complaints from the people I am talking to that they can "barely hear me". This used to never be the case. I also found that when I would stick the phone in my pocket, I could barely be heard (over the headset). It appears that the MIC on the unit itself (not on the headset) is STILL active when I plug in a headset, and therefore, almost seems to take precendence over the input from the headset. When the phone goes into my pocket, all the sound gets muffled, or background noise gets picked up by the mic on the unit. This reduces the sound of my voice coming through the headset mic! Is there a chance that some setting in FakeCarKit treats plugging a headset in like some sort of "car kit", and keeps the base unit's mic active? I dunno what's going on here. I might try uninstalling both TreoGuard, and FakeCarKit to see if this makes the situation go away. Having good functionality of the headset is more important that having the screen turn off during phone calls!
    Have you had any success troubleshooting this? I've not had any other reports of this problem, so I'm hesitant to suspect FakeCarKit.prc. Please let me know what you found, if anything.

Geoff
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    I'm working on an update with new features. The feature you're requesting has been in the works for some time. Unfortunately, I'm having some difficulty getting it to work reliably. I can't guarantee it will be in the next release, but it is in my list of features to add and is being actively worked on.
    Sweet! Maybe now is the time to fork over some dough for this app. I've downloaded two different versions throughout the year and have tried them in demo mode, but have just never made it around to actually purchasing. I like the features as is but this would certainly put it over the top for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware

Geoff
    It would great if suppressing alarms and notifications while on a call was added to TreoGuard. Just yesterday I experienced this, and it reminded me that someone really needs to come up with a solution for the problem. I'm glad to hear you're working on it Geoff.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    has anyone had problems with the screen NOT staying off under low power conditions? Ocassionally i'll be on the phone for 2-3 hours on one long call, and my screen will then turn on. I'll then manually turn it off, only to find that in a minute or so it comes back on. Very annoying. Anyone seen this?
  7.    #67  
    Hi everyone. I've update the first post in this thread with information on the new beta release (1.4.03b). I've also included the files as an attachment.

Let me know if you find any problems with the new version.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    I guess I am in hot water for not uninstalling before upgrading..........I see lots of things here to play with. Ben
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    I guess I am in hot water for not uninstalling before upgrading..........I see lots of things here to play with. Ben
    Ben,

I should probably clarify. Only users with TreoGuard version 1.3 or earlier need to uninstall the previous version before upgrading. If you have 1.4 or later, you can just install over the existing version, though I recommend deleting the existing FakeCarKit.prc and reinstalling for all users.

Also, for those who don't want to go back to the first post to see what's new, I'll summarize here:

- Added new key actions feature to allow any of the four application keys to perform various actions (vol up/down, hang up, toggle mute, answer/ignore).
    - Added new radio control feature to allow the radio to be automatically re-enabled after a soft reset.
    - Added new radio schedule feature to allow the radio to be automatically enabled/disabled at a specified time each day.
    - Added feature to automatically turn the screen back on when a call ends, allowing confirmation that the call was disconnected.
    - Added feature to prevent accidental ringer volume adjustment.

Geoff

What exactly does this do?
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInfo

What exactly does this do?
    This feature 'locks' the volume buttons so that they don't get accidentally bumped. It prevents accidental adjustment of the volume, which can be a minor annoyance. To adjust the volume with this feature enabled, press and hold the option key, then press one of the volume keys.

Geoff
    Thanks Geoff. New features look great. I'll try them out asap. Thanks again.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I'm having problems answering / hanging up calls when I assign them to the 4 app keys. The side volume buttons work fine. I'm using GSM btw.
    This version is doing well for me. Ben
    Like the new features and are working great.

One request:

Can you add an additional option to allow for a 30 sec. delay to turn on the Radio. Basically the same feature as Profeo Lite. This helps especially when you may have some applications that don't play nicely when you get a radio activation. This way you can stop them before the radio is activated. I find this feature very useful.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    This version is doing well for me. Ben
    Sprint or GSM?

One request:

Can you add an additional option to allow for a 30 sec. delay to turn on the Radio. Basically the same feature as Profeo Lite. This helps especially when you may have some applications that don't play nicely when you get a radio activation. This way you can stop them before the radio is activated. I find this feature very useful.

Thank you.
    I would like to see this implemented as well.
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    I'm having problems answering / hanging up calls when I assign them to the 4 app keys. The side volume buttons work fine. I'm using GSM btw.
    I'm working on a fix for this and hope to have something to post soon. Stay tuned...

Geoff
  19.    #79  

One request:

Thank you.
    I'll look into adding this.

Geoff
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    I've updated the attachements in the first post with a new version (1.4.04b) that should fix this problem. You can also download the file from here.

Let me know how it works for you.

Geoff
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast