Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Anyone running TreoGuard with the new version of Verichat? I notice that with the combination, I cannot manually turn off the screen during calls (although it turns off automatically based upon the configured timeout). I can turn the screen back on, but not off... I have Verichat configured for "always on" but I have tried it both ways with the same result (always on versus SMS).

Anyone else in the same "boat?"

L
    Lee Ladisky
    I got both TreoGuard and the new version of Verichat installed, but I don't have the problem you're encountering. I can manually turn off the screen during calls just fine. So if you uninstall Verichat, the problem goes away?
    Yes - goes away.... are you running Verichat with the SMS or the always on setting?

L
    Lee Ladisky
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Without FakeCarkit auto off works most of the time. I have found that auto off does not work intermitently when receiving calls. During the times the screen doesn't blank automatically, I can press the power button to do it. Geoff, I remember you have a Sprint 600. Have you updated your firmware and have you gotten TreoGuard to work flawlessly? Thanks for your great support.
    I have updated my Sprint Treo with the latest upgrade from Sprint and everything is working fine. The problem you're experiencing may be a conflict with another application. Can you give me a list of apps you've got installed? I have another user with a similar issue who has already provided a list of apps. If you can give me a list as well, I may be able to find the culprit sooner.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay
    So do we need to install FakeCarKit or not? Question is in reference to GSM Treos.
    Sanjay,

FakeCarKit was intended to prevent the CarKit application from interefering with TreoGuard's ability to turn off the screen during calls. It has been my experience that, when CarKit is present, FakeCarKit is required to allow the screen to be turned off during calls. However, others have reported that it is not always necessary. My recommendation would be to first try TreoGuard without FakeCarKit installed. If everything works to your satisfactions, don't install FakeCarKit. Otherwise, it may be necessary to install it.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Geoff
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by ziphem
    I finally found what I was looking for - the ability to turn off the screen while talking. This is SO cool. The only problem is when I get a call while I'm on the phone, the screen doesn't re-black out, either automatically or by pressing the power-off button...

In any case, does anyone know approximately how much battery life this saves? Say, if I can talk for 5 hours on the phone, how long could I talk for with the screen off?
    Ziphem,

I'm working on a solution to the problem with call waiting calls. I hope to have this problem resolved in a future release.

As far as battery life goes, I don't have enough information to answer your question difinitively. There may be others on this forum who know more about the Treo 600 hardware and can provide an answer. I don't know what the screen's power consumption is, so I would only be guessing.

Geoff
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Glad to see you fixed the carkit problem. I have a question though. Is it possible to adjust the volume during the call when the screen is blacked out? On my T600 (sprint) the volume keys do not work when the screen goes black. They will only work after I hit the power button and re-enter the phone application. I routinely want and need to change the volume settings during a call.
    Jeff,

When the screen is off, the OS doesn't check for key presses from most of the keys. There's nothing I can do to make the volume keys work when the scren is off. The only keys that the OS checks when the screen is off are the power keys and the application keys. I may be able to make these adjust the volume, but I can't promise anything. I'll look into it for a future release.

Geoff
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky
    Yes - goes away.... are you running Verichat with the SMS or the always on setting?

L
    Yup, I got it set to "always on."

I know if SnapperMail tries to do an auto-fetch while I'm on a call, I can't turn off the screen manually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky
    Anyone running TreoGuard with the new version of Verichat? I notice that with the combination, I cannot manually turn off the screen during calls (although it turns off automatically based upon the configured timeout). I can turn the screen back on, but not off... I have Verichat configured for "always on" but I have tried it both ways with the same result (always on versus SMS).

Anyone else in the same "boat?"

L
    I have been experiencing the same problem. It seems to be connected to Verichat's new "alway-on" feature using the data connection... off, or through SMS, and Guard works as advertised.
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    Jeff,

When the screen is off, the OS doesn't check for key presses from most of the keys. There's nothing I can do to make the volume keys work when the scren is off. The only keys that the OS checks when the screen is off are the power keys and the application keys. I may be able to make these adjust the volume, but I can't promise anything. I'll look into it for a future release.

Geoff
    Thanks for the update. I'll revisit your product if you can add that functionality.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I was having this problem after apply the 1.20 FW update. While it was obvious to have to delete and re-install the TreoGuard.prc, I didn't get rid of my problem until I deleted this prc along with the FakeCarKit.prc. After deleting both, I re-installed the TreoGuard.prc. The first time you run it, it asks you to install FakeCarKit.prc, which it seems to generate and isn't something that gets "installed".

All is well for me now, maybe this will work for you as well ?
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by KKenna
    I was having this problem after apply the 1.20 FW update. While it was obvious to have to delete and re-install the TreoGuard.prc, I didn't get rid of my problem until I deleted this prc along with the FakeCarKit.prc. After deleting both, I re-installed the TreoGuard.prc. The first time you run it, it asks you to install FakeCarKit.prc, which it seems to generate and isn't something that gets "installed".

All is well for me now, maybe this will work for you as well ?
    This is correct and is something I hope to clarify in the user's guide included in the next release.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    geakware:

Could you look into having an option to disable sounds while on a phone call?

ie incoming sms message alert is annoying while trying to talking on the phone

Thanks,

digidep
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    To add to digidep's comments, would it be possible to mute the sound for when the power cord is inserted/removed from the treo when on a call?
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    This is correct and is something I hope to clarify in the user's guide included in the next release.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Geoff, any idea when the next release is gonna be?
    I'm also hoping to get the option to answer/hangup calls via the phone/screen buttons. (ala the Treo ACE )
    I was wondering something. It seems ever since I installed this app (along with fakecarkit), headsets don't work like they used to. I could be wrong about this, but I am trying to troubleshoot the situation. It seems that I when I plug a headset in (the generic one that came with the unit), I get complaints from the people I am talking to that they can "barely hear me". This used to never be the case. I also found that when I would stick the phone in my pocket, I could barely be heard (over the headset). It appears that the MIC on the unit itself (not on the headset) is STILL active when I plug in a headset, and therefore, almost seems to take precendence over the input from the headset. When the phone goes into my pocket, all the sound gets muffled, or background noise gets picked up by the mic on the unit. This reduces the sound of my voice coming through the headset mic! Is there a chance that some setting in FakeCarKit treats plugging a headset in like some sort of "car kit", and keeps the base unit's mic active? I dunno what's going on here. I might try uninstalling both TreoGuard, and FakeCarKit to see if this makes the situation go away. Having good functionality of the headset is more important that having the screen turn off during phone calls!
    I have the Verizon Treo600 and have been trying to get the TreoGuard V1.3h to turn off the screen at 3 minutes, but it won't work, goes to 1 minute and goes off, as if the system timer I have set for 1 minute is overriding TreoGuard. I uninstalled and the screen does not turn off while on a call. But reinstall TreoGuard which then installs fakecarkit and set it to enable and 2 min or 3 min, but to no avail, it goes off at 1 min. Me thinks something is different on the Verizon version that TreoGuard is not working right with?

This is one of the main reasons I purchased TreoGuard, but not it is not working to the spec'd minutes I expected and would like to get it to work. Thanks
    I suggest you drop him a note. He is extremely fast to take care of problems. Ben
    I did drop Geoff a note the same time I posted, but I posted here to see if any other Verizon Treo600 and TreoGuard users are seeing the same.
    I have been using TreoGuard 1.3b1 and just recently upgraded to 13b2 and I have had NO issues using it with my Verizon Treo 600 phone/palm. :-) I actually have no idea if 1.3h is newer or older than the 1.3b1 / 2.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast