Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    I agree with you - it hardly seems worth it.

Instead, I'd love to see scheduled control of the BT radio (like the existing Radio scheduling). As long as you are going to let me be lazy , this would allow me to have BT automatically on during my work commute and off the rest of the time (to save power).

I'd like to also thank you for a great program that's very useful to many, many people. I especially thank you for continuing to make so many improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by belminf
    Ah I see. I didn't really use Treo650 w/o the TreoGuard screen-off feature. A minute is a long time for it to dim. I suppose decreasing it would save some battery life (because personally I would make it instant). Im not sure how much battery life though so it's probably not a crucial feature heh.

And as far the BT scheduler, that sounds like a great idea. Personally, anything that could improve battery life is awesome.

Thanks again for a wonderful program!
    The BT scheduling has been suggested before and is on my list. I hope to get to it soon. Thanks for the feedback... and the kind remarks!

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
    geoff,

just came across a problem with treoguard. you probably know that recently pockettunes came up with an update that allows music to resume after a phone call. I've found that this feature does not work with treoguard enabled. personally I really want that resume feature, so I've discontinued using treoguard. It would be great if you could find a fix for this. (btw, I do not use treoguard for mp3 ringtones.)

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by whidden
    geoff,

just came across a problem with treoguard. you probably know that recently pockettunes came up with an update that allows music to resume after a phone call. I've found that this feature does not work with treoguard enabled. personally I really want that resume feature, so I've discontinued using treoguard. It would be great if you could find a fix for this. (btw, I do not use treoguard for mp3 ringtones.)

thanks.

Ditto... My mp3's are around 45 minutes each. I don't like having to find where I was in the recording. I had to disable TreoGuard until a fix is found.

Thanks Geoff.
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by whidden
    geoff,

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Ditto... My mp3's are around 45 minutes each. I don't like having to find where I was in the recording. I had to disable TreoGuard until a fix is found.

Thanks Geoff.
    I released an update (1.8.11) on Friday to address this issue. You can get it by selecting 'Updates & Support' from the TreoGuard 'Options' menu, or by visiting http://www.geakware.com/treoguard/.

Let me know if you continue to have problems after upgrading.

Geoff
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    I released an update (1.8.11) on Friday to address this issue. You can get it by selecting 'Updates & Support' from the TreoGuard 'Options' menu, or by visiting http://www.geakware.com/treoguard/.

Let me know if you continue to have problems after upgrading.

Geoff

I just updated and it seems to work great. I can now delete two other programs.

Thanks Geoff
    Geoff, the on/off configuration and reset, et cetera, those are great features. I especially like the option to turn it on/off from within the setup. Ben
    Just download and installed the most current version of TreoGuard. I am a 1st time user of TG and the ability to play mp3's as ringers using PTunes doesnt work in this version either; at least on my 600 it doesnt. I am using PTDeluxe v3.0.08.

Does it make a difference with TG that I am running PT from my SD card? Does PT have to be installed to RAM in order for this feature to work in TreoGuard?

Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Just downloaded the 1.6.01b onto a T600 and cannot get ringer to play from the P-Tunes Deluxe.

I have TG - enabled
    "Use P-Tunes for Ringtone" - checked
    File - Selected Song of Choice
    Pressed - Test

It may be playing, but I just can't hear it. When I go to check P-Tunes everything plays fine. When I check my regular ringers everything plays fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $you$ $can$'$t$ $get$ $any$ $app$ $to$ $run$ $automagically$ $without$ $it$ $being$ $in$ $ram$ $first$. $To$ $make$ $things$ $work$, $PT$ ($or$ $any$ $other$ $app$) $won$'$t$ $get$ $automatically$ $executed$ $if$ $it$'$s$ $on$ $the$ $sd$.
    Geoff,

After upgrading to 1.8.11, my screens are inconsistent on blanking after the 30 seconds I have it set for. Most of the time the screen does not blank. Have you heard this in others?

Thanks,

John
    Geoff,

After upgrading to 1.8.11, my screens are inconsistent on blanking after the 30 seconds I have it set for. Most of the time the screen does not blank. Have you heard this in others?
    Same thing here. Most of the time it does 'turn off', but every now & then it stays on.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    TreoGuard (1.8.10) seems to beome disabled when you are in a call and then another incoming call arrives and you pick it up (and perhaps if you don't too). After this the buttons are no longer seen by TG but revert to default behavior - which is a bit of a pain if one is using the Red Power button to turn off the screen, since you then hang up your first call instead when you use this (plus the mute button is now gone for the call, if you manage to avoid hanging up).

Any one else see this?
    :menu:TreoLawrence
    Samsung I300 -> Treo 650 (Cin)
  12.    #232  
    Geoff,

Thanks,

John
    I've had one Sprint user report that the Sprint update prevents TreoGuard from turning off the screen during calls. Since I am no longer a Sprint customer, it's difficult for me to investigate the problem. Do you have a 650? If so, did you recently apply the Sprint update?

Geoff
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLawrence
    TreoGuard (1.8.10) seems to beome disabled when you are in a call and then another incoming call arrives and you pick it up (and perhaps if you don't too). After this the buttons are no longer seen by TG but revert to default behavior - which is a bit of a pain if one is using the Red Power button to turn off the screen, since you then hang up your first call instead when you use this (plus the mute button is now gone for the call, if you manage to avoid hanging up).

Any one else see this?
    Thanks for finding this. I'll take a look to see what the problem is.

Geoff
    Geoff - I'm on Sprint with the 1.08 rom update and TreoGuard seems to be shutting the screen off for me just fine.
  15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Geoff - I'm on Sprint with the 1.08 rom update and TreoGuard seems to be shutting the screen off for me just fine.
    tomvb2000,

Thanks for the helpful info. I'm hopeful that it's not related to the Sprint update, and your input seems to confirm that. If anyone else is having trouble getting the screen to turn off reliably, let me know. Maybe we can find a pattern and get the problem resolved.

Geoff
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    I've had one Sprint user report that the Sprint update prevents TreoGuard from turning off the screen during calls. Since I am no longer a Sprint customer, it's difficult for me to investigate the problem. Do you have a 650? If so, did you recently apply the Sprint update?

Geoff

I do have the Sprint update. The screen seems to stay on more when people call me than when I make the call. I'm trying to watch it closer so I can give better info.

Thanks,
    John
    I wondered if anybody is having the problem of MP3 ringtones cutting out for a second when the call is first received by the phone (before picking up the call)? It is like a "hiccup" right after the ringtone starts.

I thought TG was working fine before this, but now I can't remember. I didn't know if there were an incompatibility that causes this or what.

Treo650, TG 1.8.12

Thanks!
    Last edited by hamsammich; 04/19/2005 at 04:48 PM.
    Hi Geoff!

Any chance you might add the 650 side button as one of the Action buttons that can be set with a phone operation in TG? In particular I would like to put Mute there since this is one button that can be easily found without looking at the phone. I know the side button has various behaviors and I don't know if you can easily support simple side-button single click while leaving click-and-hold alone? A final less-likely feature request would be the ability to add tones that play (just for phone user) for mute on and mute off so one feels good that you changed it without looking (many embarrasing moments if you don't get mute right on conference calls these days.....) .

Thanks for TG. Use it every day.
    :menu:TreoLawrence
    Samsung I300 -> Treo 650 (Cin)
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLawrence
    Hi Geoff!

Any chance you might add the 650 side button as one of the Action buttons that can be set with a phone operation in TG? In particular I would like to put Mute there since this is one button that can be easily found without looking at the phone. I know the side button has various behaviors and I don't know if you can easily support simple side-button single click while leaving click-and-hold alone? A final less-likely feature request would be the ability to add tones that play (just for phone user) for mute on and mute off so one feels good that you changed it without looking (many embarrasing moments if you don't get mute right on conference calls these days.....) .

Thanks for TG. Use it every day.
    TreoLawrence,

This has been suggested before, but I'm a little reluctant to add it. The reason is that the side button is not active when the screen is off, which means it can't be used for most of the stuff people will want to use it for (toggling mute, speaker or screen). It would have to have a limited set of actions (like the volume keys do now), which means it could only be used to answer or ignore calls.

Geoff
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112