Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Just downloaded the 1.6.01b onto a T600 and cannot get ringer to play from the P-Tunes Deluxe.

I have TG - enabled
    "Use P-Tunes for Ringtone" - checked
    File - Selected Song of Choice
    Pressed - Test

It may be playing, but I just can't hear it. When I go to check P-Tunes everything plays fine. When I check my regular ringers everything plays fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I think TreoGuard does a GREAT job of handling an incoming call. But the icing on the cake for me would be if TreoGuard could also include a feature for messing with the LED when you get an incoming message or call (or miss a call), e.g. set it to solid orange. That way it properly guards your Treo from unwanted call accepting, AND it also reminds you that something happened earlier, in case you missed it alltogether.

That feature is currenly in Butler, and it is the ONLY thing I use it for...would much prefer to see it in TreoGuard instead
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Just downloaded the 1.6.01b onto a T600 and cannot get ringer to play from the P-Tunes Deluxe.

I have TG - enabled
    "Use P-Tunes for Ringtone" - checked
    File - Selected Song of Choice
    Pressed - Test

It may be playing, but I just can't hear it. When I go to check P-Tunes everything plays fine. When I check my regular ringers everything plays fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    treosixoo,

I've sent you a PM with information on a custom build to help debug this.

Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    I think TreoGuard does a GREAT job of handling an incoming call. But the icing on the cake for me would be if TreoGuard could also include a feature for messing with the LED when you get an incoming message or call (or miss a call), e.g. set it to solid orange. That way it properly guards your Treo from unwanted call accepting, AND it also reminds you that something happened earlier, in case you missed it alltogether.

That feature is currenly in Butler, and it is the ONLY thing I use it for...would much prefer to see it in TreoGuard instead
    awesterink,

I'll add this to my list of features for the future.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    Hey great..that beats "fuggeduhboudid". Thx for the quick reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    treosixoo,

I've sent you a PM with information on a custom build to help debug this.

Geoff
    Got it. Getting ready to try it. Thanks.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Geoff,

One issue I have is that, if I have a Datebk5 alarm that has gone off, but is unaddressed (just sitting on the screen) and a phone call comes in, AND I use the volume buttons to silence the ring, the Phone Call screen remains and the phone freezes up. If I use the on screen "Answer" or "Ignore" option, both features work fine.

I tried working around this by assigning the volume buttons to "Answer" or "Ignore" in TreoGuard. If I "Ignore" with a volume button, the call goes directely to voice mail and the Phone Call screen disappears. I am then able to address the Datebk5 alarm and go on without a problem. The problem occurs if I use the volume button to "Ignore" a call, it goes to voicemail, but I don't address the alarm and the screen auto powers off. I am then unable to turn the device on at all and need to soft reset. This is occuring regularly because I want to dismiss calls when I'm with patients and using the side volume buttons is the easiest and least distracting way to do this. I'm confused as to why the on screen "Answer" or "Ignore" work, but assigning the same feature to the side buttons causes a freeze of the handheld. It's almost as if any use of the side buttons during an incoming call, if a Datebk5 alarm is on screen, causes a freeze of the 650.

I have emailed the author of Datebk5 and have received some feedback on this. I'm awaiting feedback regarding the specific problem with the volume buttons. Can you offer any thoughts on why reassigning the buttons in TreoGuard to "Answer" or "Ignore" doesn't fix the issue, but using the on screen "Answer" or "Ignore" eliminates it? Is the TreoGuard feature causing them to identically mimic the system commands or is there something different about using them than tapping the on screen buttons? Any feedback would be appreciated.
    when i try to "sen d" any file (picture) from treo 650 it reboots my treo. after running ##err# it says it crashes while running treoguard???
  9.    #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    when i try to "sen d" any file (picture) from treo 650 it reboots my treo. after running ##err# it says it crashes while running treoguard???
    treoneo,

Can you provide the steps you're using to duplicate this so I can give it a try? I want to be sure I use the same method to send a file that you're using.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    i go to pictures, select a picture & tap send. then it reboots. but after uninstalled it i still got resets & the error message said "pics & media" caused error. so i dont think it's treoguard. i solved this p[roblem by deleting unsaved preferences anyway
    Geoff,

Just purchased Treoguard. I had to after I saw it had the ability to supress alarms during phone calls. That is amazing!!!

Anyway, after playing with it a bit, I thought of a not not-so-good scenario that could happen. I like the ability to use one of the 4 hard keys to hang up the call while the screen is off. However, if you were using a headset, and you had your treo in your pocket, it seems like having that hangup button might cause an accidental hangup if you bumped the phone...

So, this is what I'm thinking. Since you are already detecting whether or not the headset is plugged in (for the alarm sounds), why not use that information to enable/disable the ability to hangup with the hardkeys? You could just make it an option "Disable hangup button(s) with headset use"

What do you think?
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by whidden
    Geoff,

Just purchased Treoguard. I had to after I saw it had the ability to supress alarms during phone calls. That is amazing!!!

Anyway, after playing with it a bit, I thought of a not not-so-good scenario that could happen. I like the ability to use one of the 4 hard keys to hang up the call while the screen is off. However, if you were using a headset, and you had your treo in your pocket, it seems like having that hangup button might cause an accidental hangup if you bumped the phone...

So, this is what I'm thinking. Since you are already detecting whether or not the headset is plugged in (for the alarm sounds), why not use that information to enable/disable the ability to hangup with the hardkeys? You could just make it an option "Disable hangup button(s) with headset use"

What do you think?
    I've added your suggestion to my list for a future release.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    How about a feature that will only dim the screen and disable touchscreen. This will make buttons available (such as volume and keypad).

Or is there another way to access the keypad when the screen is off other than turning it on and clicking the keypad button?
    Oh and one more thing, I think this is a great program. One of the few worth having. That's why I love this palm community. Affordibility and usability (I believe that's a word ;-)). Not to mention coders who actually listen to the community. If only we had a desktop programming community this open to ideas :-).
  15.    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by belminf
    How about a feature that will only dim the screen and disable touchscreen. This will make buttons available (such as volume and keypad).

Or is there another way to access the keypad when the screen is off other than turning it on and clicking the keypad button?
    belminf,

Both the Treo 600 and Treo 650 dim the screen by default during a call. For the Treo 600, it happens at around 20 seconds into the call. For the Treo 650, it happens at 1 minute and is much more dramatic than the dimming on the Treo 600. I could allow users to control the screen dimming time in TreoGuard, but for the 600 it hardly seems worth it, since the dimming doesn't save much battery life and is not that noticeable. For the 650, it's something to investigate. Anyone else want to see this feature?

Unfortunately, when the screen is off, the only way to access the keyboard is to turn the screen back on.

Thanks,
    Geoff
    I bought treoguard when I got my treo 650. I just downloaded the newest version, and my treo kept resetting after every hotsync. So I decided to try disabling it, since it was the only new app I put on my treo, and sure enough I can sync without my treo automatically resetting. ANyone else having this problem? I really love this app, but I dont want to have to disable it, or have my treo reset after every hotsync. Thanks for any info.
    porblem fixed. In treoguard I tried a new setting to answer a call using the volume up button, I changed it back to default. Now my treo does not reset after a hotsync.
    belminf,

... I could allow users to control the screen dimming time in TreoGuard, but for the 600 it hardly seems worth it, since the dimming doesn't save much battery life and is not that noticeable. For the 650, it's something to investigate. Anyone else want to see this feature?
    I agree with you - it hardly seems worth it.

Instead, I'd love to see scheduled control of the BT radio (like the existing Radio scheduling). As long as you are going to let me be lazy , this would allow me to have BT automatically on during my work commute and off the rest of the time (to save power).

I'd like to also thank you for a great program that's very useful to many, many people. I especially thank you for continuing to make so many improvements.
    belminf,
    I could allow users to control the screen dimming time in TreoGuard, but for the 600 it hardly seems worth it, since the dimming doesn't save much battery life and is not that noticeable. For the 650, it's something to investigate.
    Ah I see. I didn't really use Treo650 w/o the TreoGuard screen-off feature. A minute is a long time for it to dim. I suppose decreasing it would save some battery life (because personally I would make it instant). Im not sure how much battery life though so it's probably not a crucial feature heh.

And as far the BT scheduler, that sounds like a great idea. Personally, anything that could improve battery life is awesome.

Thanks again for a wonderful program!
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    porblem fixed. In treoguard I tried a new setting to answer a call using the volume up button, I changed it back to default. Now my treo does not reset after a hotsync.
    soccrnj80,

Thanks for the information. I'll look into whether there's cause and effect here. However, I've had the Answer action assigned to my volume up key for a while (though I just changed it) and haven't had any resets when synching. In fact, I haven't had any hotsync related resets since switching from my Sprint 650 to an unlocked GSM 650.

Geoff
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast