Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 239
  1. #181  
    Geoff,
    First things first, this app has really matured! Great work.

    You have an option in TreoGuard for 'lock ringer volume', where is the hook? The reason I ask is I thought it would lock the volume from being changed, but it seems to lock the volume keys from changing it.

    Here is what I found.
    I lost the ability to use the volume keys to control the volume opf Pocket Tunes. I did notice that if i hit the opt key first, then it works, so I thought TreoButler was the isssue. It was not. Once I de-selected the 'lock ringer volume', it started to work fine again. So it seems to be TreoGuard that is not letting me use the volume keys for PT.

    Best regards, Matt
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Georff, I recently tried Voice Dialer from Grover Industries - not a bad application. However, it likes to access the volume keys to perform its various functions. The thing though is that I have Treo Guard set to lock the volume keys. I have brought it to Grover Industries' attention of the conflict. I did write them and stated that I prefered to keep the volume keys locked and requested an option to define a user-selectable key for their app.

    Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Geoff,
    First things first, this app has really matured! Great work.

    You have an option in TreoGuard for 'lock ringer volume', where is the hook? The reason I ask is I thought it would lock the volume from being changed, but it seems to lock the volume keys from changing it.

    Here is what I found.
    I lost the ability to use the volume keys to control the volume opf Pocket Tunes. I did notice that if i hit the opt key first, then it works, so I thought TreoButler was the isssue. It was not. Once I de-selected the 'lock ringer volume', it started to work fine again. So it seems to be TreoGuard that is not letting me use the volume keys for PT.

    Best regards, Matt
    Ben/Matt,

    The feature to lock the ringer volume works by blocking the volume keys unless the option key is selected. Unfortunately, there's no way for TreoGuard to know if another application is using the volume keys, so there's no way to selectively block them. Users will have to decide whether or not to enable the feature based on their own priorities. I wish I had a better answer for you...

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  3. #183  
    Ok, I understand that and though unhappy about it, it's just one of those things. I did ask them to make it a user-defined key, maybe an alpha key then I would be able to enjoy the benefits of locked volume.

    Ben
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by geakware
    Ben/Matt,

    The feature to lock the ringer volume works by blocking the volume keys unless the option key is selected. Unfortunately, there's no way for TreoGuard to know if another application is using the volume keys, so there's no way to selectively block them. Users will have to decide whether or not to enable the feature based on their own priorities. I wish I had a better answer for you...

    Geoff
    So it doesn't lock the volume per se, it locks the keys that control the volume. Some result, different way for getting there.
  5.    #185  
    Hi everyone,

    I have made a new beta version of TreoGuard available. The new version includes the following new features and enhancements:

    1. Pocket Tunes ringtones.
    2. Disabling of alarms during calls.
    3. Screen off feature is enhanced to handle incoming calls when already on a call.
    4. A new combined Ignore/Hang Up action is available in addition to the separate Ignore and Hang Up actions.
    5. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

    Please try the new beta and let me know how it works for you. You can get it here or download it right from your device by selecting 'Updates & Support' from the 'Options' menu, which will present you with a download link. You must have 1.5.03 installed for the second method to work.

    If you have any questions or issues, please let me know.

    Thanks for using TreoGuard!

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  6. #186  
    Geoff, amazing! The disable alarms during calls with "only when no headset" is EXACTLY what I wanted for christmas It works great except that it doesn't change behaviour when I plug/unplug the headset during the call. I mean if I answer a call without a headset then later plug in a headset, I would like the alarms to go off (and vise versa). Thank you though for a much needed addition!

    BTW, I've noticed that TreoGaurd causes a slight delay when switching applications. Is it necessary to register for both application start and quit events? Even when not using the "Only off in Phone application" option?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    Geoff, amazing! The disable alarms during calls with "only when no headset" is EXACTLY what I wanted for christmas It works great except that it doesn't change behaviour when I plug/unplug the headset during the call. I mean if I answer a call without a headset then later plug in a headset, I would like the alarms to go off (and vise versa). Thank you though for a much needed addition!

    BTW, I've noticed that TreoGaurd causes a slight delay when switching applications. Is it necessary to register for both application start and quit events? Even when not using the "Only off in Phone application" option?
    ThirdType,

    I was planning on updating the headset status periodically during the call but didn't get that in this release. I'll try for the next... gotta have something to work on.

    Good point about application start/stop events. I can look into only registering if the "Only off in Phone application" feature is checked.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  8. #188  
    Hi Geoff,

    Just wanted to let you know that the Answer Call & Ignore Call/Hangup functions work well on my GSM Treo 600! This is what I have been waiting for! Thanks!
  9. #189  
    Thanks, Geoff! I can't wait to try out this new version on my Treo 650! I've been so busy packing and getting ready for the upcoming holiday break that I haven't even installed everything back on my phone nor have I had the time to play with it much. But the first thing I did do was install TreoGuard (previous version). I made sure I wasn't going to mute or auto-answer any of my calls during my vacation.

    As soon as I get the chance to install this new version, I'll definitely let you know how it goes. The new features sound great!

    Cheers!
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Thanks, Geoff! I can't wait to try out this new version on my Treo 650! I've been so busy packing and getting ready for the upcoming holiday break that I haven't even installed everything back on my phone nor have I had the time to play with it much. But the first thing I did do was install TreoGuard (previous version). I made sure I wasn't going to mute or auto-answer any of my calls during my vacation.

    As soon as I get the chance to install this new version, I'll definitely let you know how it goes. The new features sound great!

    Cheers!
    Please do! I'd like to know if it works on the 650. Specifically, is TreoGuard able to disable the 5-way nav on an incoming call?
  11. #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Please do! I'd like to know if it works on the 650. Specifically, is TreoGuard able to disable the 5-way nav on an incoming call?
    On the 600 it does disable the 5-way, but this means the centre button will not answer the call either

    I'd like to disable the 5-way but not the button, but I expect that's not possible.

    Still love the rest of it though.

    Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Please do! I'd like to know if it works on the 650. Specifically, is TreoGuard able to disable the 5-way nav on an incoming call?
    Just verified it and yup, it does work on the 650, including the ability to disable the 5-way buttons. However, when pressing the Center button during an incoming call, it mutes the ringer/vibrate. Is this the proper behavior, Geoff?
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Hi Geoff,

    Just wanted to let you know that the Answer Call & Ignore Call/Hangup functions work well on my GSM Treo 600! This is what I have been waiting for! Thanks!
    Rudy,

    You're welcome. I'm glad you like it!

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Thanks, Geoff! I can't wait to try out this new version on my Treo 650! I've been so busy packing and getting ready for the upcoming holiday break that I haven't even installed everything back on my phone nor have I had the time to play with it much. But the first thing I did do was install TreoGuard (previous version). I made sure I wasn't going to mute or auto-answer any of my calls during my vacation.

    As soon as I get the chance to install this new version, I'll definitely let you know how it goes. The new features sound great!

    Cheers!
    TR30,

    I'm glad you find TreoGuard indespensible. I've had reports that it works on the 650 but haven't had the opportunity to test it myself yet. My 650 should arrive today...

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Just verified it and yup, it does work on the 650, including the ability to disable the 5-way buttons. However, when pressing the Center button during an incoming call, it mutes the ringer/vibrate. Is this the proper behavior, Geoff?
    TR30,

    The 5-way center button shouldn't mute the ringer/vibrate if it's disabled. As soon as my 650 arrives, I'll be able to better support that device.

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  16. #196  
    Hello Geoff,

    Very nice new features (the app that keeps on giving). Playing with it today - new pTunes ringer option is sweet (using wav file of my daughter saying "You have an incoming call Daddy"). On an incoming call I have all keys disabled except the volume and 5way. In actions, I have the volume up set as default and volume down set to ignore. This worked great (even in previous versions) - I silence the ringer by pressing volume up or send it to voicemail by pressing volume down. However, when using pTunes ringer, pressing volume up no longer silences the ringer but volume down still sends it to voicemail as normal. Any ideas? Thanks again for a great product.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  17. #197  
    I'm using the very latest version 1.6b on my Treo 650. In "Screen" I checked "Power buttons toggle screen." I neglected to put in my registration number.

    1) Set screen blank to 10 seconds. Called my Treo. Pushed the "Power" button (which is also the End Call button now) and it hung up the call, then brought up the nag screen for registration... but locked up the phone requiring reset.

    2) Entered registration number. Called the Treo. Screen didn't blank after 10 seconds.

    Hmmmm....
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  18.    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Hello Geoff,

    Very nice new features (the app that keeps on giving). Playing with it today - new pTunes ringer option is sweet (using wav file of my daughter saying "You have an incoming call Daddy"). On an incoming call I have all keys disabled except the volume and 5way. In actions, I have the volume up set as default and volume down set to ignore. This worked great (even in previous versions) - I silence the ringer by pressing volume up or send it to voicemail by pressing volume down. However, when using pTunes ringer, pressing volume up no longer silences the ringer but volume down still sends it to voicemail as normal. Any ideas? Thanks again for a great product.
    I'll look into it.

    Thanks,
    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by BillPetro
    I'm using the very latest version 1.6b on my Treo 650. In "Screen" I checked "Power buttons toggle screen." I neglected to put in my registration number.

    1) Set screen blank to 10 seconds. Called my Treo. Pushed the "Power" button (which is also the End Call button now) and it hung up the call, then brought up the nag screen for registration... but locked up the phone requiring reset.

    2) Entered registration number. Called the Treo. Screen didn't blank after 10 seconds.

    Hmmmm....
    Bill,

    TreoGuard has not yet been fully tested on a Treo 650. I just got mine today, so I hope to remedy that soon. In the meantime, reports like this are helpful.

    Thanks,
    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
  20.    #200  
    I've released a new beta version (1.6.01b) with some enhancements and bug fixes. The enhancements include:

    - Keys that are not disabled can now silence the Pocket Tunes ringtone.
    - The 'Only off in Phone application' feature has been modified so that application switching is faster with this feature disabled.
    - TreoGuard can now detect if a headset is connected/disconnected during a call and either enable/disable alarms accordingly if the 'Only when no headset' feature is checked.

    You can download the beta from here or use the 'Updates & Support' menu item in TreoGuard.

    Let me know if you have any questions or issues with this beta.

    As always, thanks for using TreoGuard!

    Geoff
    www.geakware.com or mobile.geakware.com - Software for your Treo 600/650.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions