Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    My Treo locked up today, and I tried to do a soft reset - only to find that it's not there anymore!

The stylus that usually goes in easily doesn't work anymore. SO I thought maybe it was the stylus. I have an older stylus from my old Palm IIIxe, which when unscred, will have a longer reach for the reset button. That just fell ALL THE WAY IN without hitting anything!

The button is now missing!?
    It shouldn't be missing. Did you unscrew the tip from the Treo stylus, because that's where the reset pin is?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    SOrry, havent been on this forum in a while.

I was a dumb *** - the button was further down, but that's strange because I could have sworn it was closer to the surface (probably because I'm used to my Palm IIIxe).

Thanks though.
    It's mos def not your imagination as the same has happened to me. It seems to be getting deeper & deeper. I had two other Treo 650 & this was NOT a problem. I have to insert the stylus then push the Treo against a hard surfce pressing the stylus into it. I'm going to Sprint for Treo 650 number 4 in 6 weeks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    It shouldn't be missing. Did you unscrew the tip from the Treo stylus, because that's where the reset pin is?
    I never knew that! I always wondered why they didnt' make the stylus small enough to fit in the reset hole
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    And if you had an even older Visor from Handspring, on the other end of the stylus you'd find a miniature Philips screwdriver. Which is a little strange, since opening the case voids your warranty...

Picture is my Visor Neo's stylus; picture courtesy of my T650.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro