View Poll Results: Which features would be most important to you if implemented in SoundRec?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • One button access to start and stop recording a short memo.

54 48.21%
  • Alarm (sound/vibrate) feature to recordings.

22 19.64%
  • Timer while recording.

39 34.82%
  • Short Beep to indicate start and stop of recording.

32 28.57%
  • Pause and resume recording.

38 33.93%
  • Categorized recordings.

12 10.71%
  • Background Recording and Playing.

18 16.07%
  • Record from headset Mic.

33 29.46%
  • Record phone conversation.

78 69.64%
  • Append Recorded Memos.

23 20.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    I am sure most of us are enjoying the SoundRec app by Ryan. Thanks Ryan for creating this great app. I have been reading the "SoundRec Released" thread and saw a number of request for additional features to SoundRec. I consolidated the list and will be maintaining it on this thread. Feel free to post a new feature request if you donot find one existing in this list. This list will be updated when we have a new feature request and also when a new SoundRec version is released by Ryan.

-chiru

Last Updated: 23rd June 2004

Feature requests
    =================

1. Alarm (sound/vibrate) feature to recordings.
    This feature will let you attach an alarm to the recorded memo so that it will remind you at that particular time and then you can play the recorded memo.

2. Categorized recordings.
    This feature will help you in categorizing the recordings so that all your recorded memos can be organized better.

3. Background Recording and Playing.
    This feature will help you in starting the recording process and let it run in the background during which time you can work on other things in your Treo600 like looking at your Datebook, memopad etc. The same thing for playback of the recording.

4. Enable/Disable Treo600 Auto-off feature.
    The Treo600 will Auto-off itself after the preset time in your preferences. This will happen even when you are recording. Though the Treo will sleep SoundRec recording continues. This might be confusing. This feature will help you in enabling or disabling the Auto-off feature when you are in SoundRec recording or playing mode.

5. Delete Internal memory file when exported to SD card.
    This feature will delete the memo recorded in the internal memory automatically once exported to the SD card

6. Record from headset Mic.
    This feature will allow users to record memos from the headset mic.

7. Record phone conversation.
    This feature will allow the users to record the conversations of all the parties involved in a call.

8. Append Recorded Memos.
    This feature will allow the users to append two or more recorded memos into one big file.

9. Delete Recorded Memo Button
    Provide a delete button besides having Play and Record buttons to easily delete a recorded memo.

10. Sort the List of Recorded Memo's
    Provide an option to sort the list of recorded memos bases on latest first.

11. No Delete Confirmation Dialogue box
    Provide an option to not popup the delete record dialogue box

12. Single beep-double beep one button recording start/stop alert
    Single beep before starting the one button recording and double beep while stopping the recording

Features requests - Completed and available in the latest version of SoundRec
    ==========================================================

1. Save directly to SD card
    This feature will give the user an option to save directly to the SD card.

2. 5-Way navigation with Focus Ring
    Customized to use the Treo600 5-way navigation with the focus ring that indicates which User-interface is currently highlighted.

3. Confirm deletion of a recorded memo
    This feature will pop up a box asking the user to confirm the deletion of a recorded memo.

4. Change the Title of the recorded memo
    This feature allows the users to change the default title of the recorded memo.

5. Progress bar indicating SD card export process
    This feature will indicate on a progress bar the current status of the export process of the internally recorded memo to the SD card.

6. One button access to start and stop recording a short memo.
    This feature will let you to quickly record a short memo by pressing a button (phone button for 3 seconds) and stop the recording once the button is unpressed.

7. Timer while recording.
    This feature will let you see a timer that will keep incrementing as long as you are recording a memo. This way you know how long you have been recording.

8. Short Beep to indicate start and stop of recording for one button recording.
    This feature will play a short beep before it starts recording and also plays a short beep when it has stopped recording.

9. Pause and resume recording.
    This feature will let you pause the recording and later resume the recording. In this way you will have a single recorded memo with all the things you need.

10. Check the presence of SD card and if it is writable.
    This feature will check if the SD card is present & writable and alert the user if he performs the following actions without an SD card.
    a. he has the save to SD card option enabled
    b. trying to export a recorded memo to the SD card
    c. trying to delete a recorded memo from the card

Note - This list is to make the life easier for us Treo600 users and it is solely Ryan's decision to implement any of them.
    Last edited by chiru; 06/23/2004 at 12:01 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Bump
    The current version of SoundRec (1.04) crashes my Treo 600 immediately.

The older version of SoundRec (1.01?) that I used worked just fine.

Thanks for the program! It looks like you are making great progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkey
    The current version of SoundRec (1.04) crashes my Treo 600 immediately.

The older version of SoundRec (1.01?) that I used worked just fine.

Thanks for the program! It looks like you are making great progress.
    I had this problem. Ryan suggested completely uninstalling SoundRec (using the built-in delete) and reinstalling 1.04. Worked just fine.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I think for the next release I'm going to attempt to get the one button recording and some of the easy stuff done (pause recording/playback, timer, and the beeping noise). Later.
    I don't remember for sure that this has been mentioned (probably has) anyhoo, it would be so nice to be able to save directly to the SD card. I hate to be in the middle of taping and it stops because of memory on internal.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    I don't remember for sure that this has been mentioned (probably has) anyhoo, it would be so nice to be able to save directly to the SD card. I hate to be in the middle of taping and it stops because of memory on internal.
    If you are using SoundRec version 1.04, there should be an option in preferences "Save Audio to External Card" that does the thing you are asking.

Probably you need to update or make sure the option is checked.

-chiru
    Thanks Chiru!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  9.    #9  
    New updates for SoundRec coming soon!! This includes
    -one button recording
    -display of timer while recording
    -detect the absence of External Card and write-lock mode of External card
    -sound beep at the start and stop of the recording
    .... and more

-chiru
    I know I don't really understand how these things work, but I love to be able to:
    Easily attach the sound file to an email from SoundRec
    Easily integrate the recorded sound into the Treo sound library (the one that shows up when you select a ringtone).

Great app, BTW!

Nareau
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nareau
    I know I don't really understand how these things work, but I love to be able to:
    Easily attach the sound file to an email from SoundRec
    Easily integrate the recorded sound into the Treo sound library (the one that shows up when you select a ringtone).

Great app, BTW!

Nareau
    Attaching sound file to an email really depends on the email client.

I use the latest beta version of verichat (2.17b) and the send file option allows me to send the files to others.

The files that are recorded by SoundRec are in Wav format and I dont know how they can be added to the sound library which I think needs file to be in MIDI format.

-chiru
  12.    #12  
    I updated the feature requests to reflect the features added to v1.051.

-chiru
    Also, I would prefer the latest recording to be on the top and selected by default. This could also be an option under Preferences to let people customize their sort.
    Treo 600 GSM
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by zgraff
    Also, I would prefer the latest recording to be on the top and selected by default. This could also be an option under Preferences to let people customize their sort.
    Added it to the list of requests.

-chiru
    Need to add a simple option that disables prompts for deletion. It is annoying for me to have to answer "yes" every time I want to delete an audio file, so an option in preferecnes to turn this prompt off would be nice!

-CK
  16.    #16  
    Added the following two to the list of requests.

11. No Delete Confirmation Dialogue box
    Provide an option to not popup the delete record dialogue box

12. Single beep-double beep one button recording start/stop alert
    Single beep before starting the one button recording and double beep while stopping the recording

-chiru