Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    1.5 now up at palmgear

It adds the old style of tones. These can play when the screen is off in the attention grabber.

Plus - they give your Treo that retro feel...
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    1.5 now up at palmgear

It adds the old style of tones. These can play when the screen is off in the attention grabber.

Plus - they give your Treo that retro feel...
    don't we users just love you?
    thanks

~nunuknanak
    Great product.

One thought for a future enhancement ...

I use it mainly for the alert manager. I have the screen set to "OFF" and mainly use the blinking LED for notification. This is a great feature - it is "not" intrusive to meetings etc...

However, what I would love is to do the following:

Set the LED to go on after 10 seconds (or 30 seconds or whatever)... just as now - and have it stay on for "x" time (just like now - you do this great).

I would also like to set the "INTRUSIVE" alert (the vibrate or the tone alert) to sound - but at a different interval.

So the led might go on after 30 seconds and stay on for an hour or two. But I would really prefer, what I call INTRUSIVE alert (tone/vibrate) to go off every 30 minutes after the initial notification.

Right now I can't put the 2 alert types (LED vs Tone/Vibrate) on different schedules.

If I am in a meeting, I don't mind the LED going off, but I really don't want the vibrate going off that quick and often.

- anyway - just a wish from a loyal customer
  4.    #4  
    Nice idea - Thanks!
    Hobbyist Software
    Thanks for the update! In a future update you might consider allowing us to have the option to have the alert tone stop, but the LED to keep flashing even after that. That way, one can hear the alert tone for a few minutes, but it doesn't bother anyone else if we aren't around (the LED would still flash to alert us).

Anyway, great update.
    So I copied the MIDI I like into the MIDI datebase that Butler is using for the "old school" tones. I enabled the Leave Screen Off option. I sent myself an SMS (and didn't read it).

Results
    - Screen flashed on then off momentarily just before Butler did it's first reminder.
    - Tone played (the correct one) and Treo vibrated. With the screen off.

Cool!

Then I went to read the SMS to Butler wouldn't keep nagging me. That's when the weird behavior began. I read and deleted the SMS but before I could do much else my screen turned off. So I turned it back on and navigated around a bit and my screen turned off again! It was like in a perpetual keep screen off mode! I let it sit for a few seconds and then turned the Treo on again and just navigated around and it worked fine. I don't know how repeatable this will be but it definitely was alarming!
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by catbert00
    So I copied the MIDI I like into the MIDI datebase that Butler is using for the "old school" tones. I enabled the Leave Screen Off option. I sent myself an SMS (and didn't read it).

Results
    - Screen flashed on then off momentarily just before Butler did it's first reminder.
    - Tone played (the correct one) and Treo vibrated. With the screen off.

Cool!

Then I went to read the SMS to Butler wouldn't keep nagging me. That's when the weird behavior began. I read and deleted the SMS but before I could do much else my screen turned off. So I turned it back on and navigated around a bit and my screen turned off again! It was like in a perpetual keep screen off mode! I let it sit for a few seconds and then turned the Treo on again and just navigated around and it worked fine. I don't know how repeatable this will be but it definitely was alarming!
    Sounds like a variant of this bug
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=51084

screen off happens as if keyguard not disabled after dismissing an alert.
    I'll be looking in to it.

btw - just in case it's not clear, the attention grabber is supposed to stop when you tap a screen button - it doesn't know whether or not you've read the sms.

On second read - did you ever tap a button or press the centre key while you were navigating? Could this have just been the alternative keyguard doing it's thing?
    Hobbyist Software
    Sounds like a variant of this bug
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=51084

screen off happens as if keyguard not disabled after dismissing an alert.
    I'll be looking in to it.

btw - just in case it's not clear, the attention grabber is supposed to stop when you tap a screen button - it doesn't know whether or not you've read the sms.

On second read - did you ever tap a button or press the centre key while you were navigating? Could this have just been the alternative keyguard doing it's thing?
    I've got SMS privacy mode turned on...so I had to use the center button to go see the SMS (I guess I didn't mention that before). I did not use the screen buttons at all. I played around a little more and got the same problem with a missed call indicator. So it is reproducible. And to dismiss the missed call indicator I again used the center button to select OK. Then both times I used the 5-way (including the center button) to move around and go in and out of various apps. I was pressing buttons almost constantly when the screen turned itself off...I definitely did not have a 10s lag between button presses.

Yeah, I guess this does sound like what MadMonkey was saying...except it does it more than once for me. It will keep turning itself off. This last time I actually did a soft-reset to make it stop happening! And then I quickly disabled the leave screen off feature...
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    I just want to make sure I understand this new feature:

With either ring-tone or mp3 selected you will not hear the tone if the "keep screen off" option is checked? What will happen then?

But if a midi sound is selected the midi sound will keep playing at whatever interval is chosen even if the "keep screen off" is checked?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I just want to make sure I understand this new feature:

With either ring-tone or mp3 selected you will not hear the tone if the "keep screen off" option is checked? What will happen then?

But if a midi sound is selected the midi sound will keep playing at whatever interval is chosen even if the "keep screen off" is checked?
    basically everything works as normal with one exception.
    if 'keep screen off' is checked - then mp3 and ringtones will not play

keep screen off works exactly as it used to - just that now the 'old school midis' can play even with the screen off (who knows why?)
    Hobbyist Software
    This is probably a dumb question ... but where do I get these "old school" tones?
    Can Butler be prevented from playing until the caller hung up.? I am using Lightwav and I may get to the phone a bit late...by then I now hear my Lightwav sound and yours overlapping.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by catbert00
    Yeah, I guess this does sound like what MadMonkey was saying...except it does it more than once for me. It will keep turning itself off. This last time I actually did a soft-reset to make it stop happening! And then I quickly disabled the leave screen off feature...
    i too have the exact same problemo. i disabled the leave screen off feature to stop it.
  14.    #14  
    Re - where are 'old school tones'
    just select midi at the top when defining your alert

Quote Originally Posted by ymmij
    Can Butler be prevented from playing until the caller hung up.? I am using Lightwav and I may get to the phone a bit late...by then I now hear my Lightwav sound and yours overlapping.

Thanks
    Butler shouldn't go off at all (at least not the attention grabber) to alert you of a call if you've already answered it

Alarms etc will go off regardless.
    Hobbyist Software
    Re: Butler not going off until caller hung up.

My question has nothing to do with a call which has been answered. Right now I have Butler set to remind me every 20 seconds if a call was missed. If I have not answered a new incoming call within the first 20 seconds, the Butler tone kicks in...and will overlap with the sounds which I have setup with Lightwav. If the point of Butler is to remind your of calls you have missed, then I would expect that Butler never plays any tones until the original call has hung-up...and it is well and truly a missed call.

Sorry for the confusion.

Re - where are 'old school tones'
    just select midi at the top when defining your alert

Butler shouldn't go off at all (at least not the attention grabber) to alert you of a call if you've already answered it

Alarms etc will go off regardless.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Confusedvorlon, not to interrupt with another issue, but have you had any luck with detecting the headset button being used to answer a call?
    I have both Butler and Lightwav installed. The phone crashed many times when calls come in. I have removed Butler now. I suspect Butler is the problem causing the crashes. Will report more on my findings.
    Quote Originally Posted by vaio
    I have both Butler and Lightwav installed. The phone crashed many times when calls come in. I have removed Butler now. I suspect Butler is the problem causing the crashes. Will report more on my findings.
    I have both and have no problems....Weird.

_dan
    UNEASYsilence
    Futher investigation reveals that the problem could well be Silverscreen on Treo 600 and not Butler in conflict with Lightwav. Will take more time to find out.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevp913
    Confusedvorlon, not to interrupt with another issue, but have you had any luck with detecting the headset button being used to answer a call?
    Yes! I've found out how to do it (I think) and now need to actually do it! I'm planning a butler code clean and a couple of fixes like this in the next few days.
    Hobbyist Software
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast