1.    #1  
    My GPRS has stopped working on my Treo 600 GSM. It connect ok, and even appears to get an IP address (network settings/info), but it does not seem to have any connection available (ping, email, web doesn't work).

I upgraded the firmware recently with the Palmone "other GSM carrier" package. I am not sure, but I think GPRS worked after the upgrade, but then it stopped working.

My carrier/operator is TDC Denmark, they say everything looks fine at their end, and they are not much help. (Fair enough, they don't carry the phone.)

I suspect this is an operator issue, but it could also have something to do with the upgrade. Has any one else had any problems along these lines? Any ideas of how to do further troubleshooting...?

Thanks
    Fred
    i, too, have had some problems after installing the firmware update on my GSM treo. used to be no problem to connect to the tmobile gprs network, but since the update, i've noticed problems with the handshake to the network. a simple soft-reset solves the problem, though this is less than ideal longer term.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    i tried the update on my AT&T treo and it just re-started the treo over and over again (caught in a loop). i used the one for AT&T. I had to do a hard reset and they told me not to try re-installing it. has anyone else heard of this??
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmFan2003
    ... but since the update, i've noticed problems with the handshake to the network. a simple soft-reset solves the problem, though this is less than ideal longer term.
    My problem looks like yours. After upgrade, eventualy I found that the antenna icon in the top of the Treo don't shows the triangle that means GPRS. If I issue a Blazer connection (for example) in that moment it takes about 2 minutes to negotiate. After those 2 minutes the GPRS is up and running. As you do when I see no GRPS triangle I switch off the phone (disconnecting the network) and switch on again. After entering the PIN the GRPS goes alive.

Quite disturbing anyway since I need to check if the network is OK before connecting... looks like a bug.

Hmmm any idea?
    More findings about the problem. The way to replicate it is:

a) Switch on the phone in a area with cell coverage. Line is ON and GPRS is ON.
    b) Went into an area without cell coverage. Line goes OFF and GPRS goes OFF.
    c) Go back into cellular coverage. Line back to ON but GPRS remains OFF.
    d) Reset phone in an area with coverage. Line is ON and GPRS is ON.

Someone with this problem can confirm this procedure. In my updated Treo 600 that is the problem.

Thank you in advance.
    Javier