1.    #1  
    Just bought my Treo 600. I downloaded the free (after registration version) of PTunes. I pulled my SD card from my MP3 player....

....so now how do I access the songs on my Sd card? Thanks in advance.
    What kind of MP3 player? I'm assuming what's on the SD card isn't in any special format to suite that MP3 player. From within Pocket Tunes, press the menu button, and then Actions, and last Open. You should see the files or directories at the root of the SD card.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mathews
    What kind of MP3 player? I'm assuming what's on the SD card isn't in any special format to suite that MP3 player. From within Pocket Tunes, press the menu button, and then Actions, and last Open. You should see the files or directories at the root of the SD card.
    All blank....nothing to open.....weird.
  4.    #4  
    It is a Rio MP3...the card works fine in it...but I get zippy in the Treo.
    I believe the Rio line of mp3 players uses a proprietary format, and therefore doesn't format the SD card the way the Treo can read it. Have you look at what Card Info says about the card? Does it show a name for the card and the space used/available?
  6.    #6  
    I get:

SD256
    Secure Digital Card
    None

On Card info...
    Then it's definitely not formatted the way that the Treo can read it. You would have to go through the menu in Card Info to format it, but you then will lose all data on the card. Also, the method you use to get the mp3 files onto the card would be different compared to the Rio. The fastest method is to use a card reader attached to your PC to copy the files directly. Hotsyncing them to the card is very slow and not recommended.
  8.    #8  
    Not to be a bother---but can you recommend a card reader? Thanks again.
    There are many many out there, and for the most part all of them work just fine. It depends on what exactly you want/need. If you only have SD memory, and don't have a need for reading other types of memory cards, then just look for a SD memory card reader. I have no name 7-in-1 card reader which works just fine. If you want to be safe, probably going with a brand you know would be best. Something else to keep in mind is to get a USB 2.0 version if your computer supports it, because that will have a faster transfer speed.

Pick your favorite online retailer and do a search for "sd card reader".
  10.    #10  
    Picked up a new card and a reader/writer. All is good...thanks.