1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I came accross this forum about two month ago when I was doing a search for the Motorola MPx200. Well I am glad to say I did not buy MPx200, and these forums convinced me to buy a Treo 600.

My Treo will finally be comming in this week after a very long wait. I decided to go with the T-Mobile's service (its not too late for me to cnacel what do you guys think)? T-Mobile and NexTel seem to be the only providers that work at my office and T-Mobile works great at my house. AT&T works pretty decent, but not at all at my office. I have no coverage with Sprint at my house. In addition, a reasonable data plan was important. I figure with the Treo I will be using data services much more and AT&T's plans just seem too expensive. For some flexibility I decided to get an unlocked unbranded version.
    I have been using T-Mo for almost 2 years. I also use the T600 and it just rocks !!! T-Mo definitely has the best data plans.

Good Luck !!
    Thanks,

np
    Cingular has an all you can eat plan now too. Sprint's is the best plan for speed of data and all you an eat for $10/mo. But Sprint is no good for overseas use (they rent GSM handsets and forward your number if you travel).
    I've been GSM since the Aerial Communications days (pre-VoiceStream) so you can guess that I'm not going to push you away from T-Mo.
    I must be the one unlucky guy in the bunch.

I used T-Mo for about 6 months before I dumped them. Generally lousy coverage for me, lots of dropped calls. I tried several different phones and decided that they just weren't right for me. I've gone back to Sprint PCS and I'm quite happy. I don't travel to Europe so that's not an issue for me.

At some point, I think the GSM technology will mature in the USA, but I personally don't believe it's there yet, based on my experiences with T-mo thus far.

I likes me my Treo and Sprint.
    It really just depends on where you live/work.

I tried T-Mobile. I could barely get one bar of signal at my home and almost never could get GPRS.

Sprint on the other hand gives me a full signal almost everywhere I go. I'd rather have T-Mobile so I could own more phones and just swap the SIM card back and forth. I'd certainly have a Moto v600 by now but it doesn't make sense for me to have it when it's un-usable.
    I too believe. I have been a T-Mobile subscriber for five phones now (three Nokias and two Treos.) For much of that time I have also been a Sprint subscriber. I travel the US and the world and I can tell you that both carriers provide good technology and good coverage in the US. In the US each has a few dead spots that are covered by the other. Through the GSM agreement, T-Mobile provides good coverage in most of the world. Sprint has provided me with a GSM chip that permits me to use GSM phones with my Sprint number and account when traveling outside the US with a GSM phone (but not with a Treo 600 CDMA).

I confess to liking the idea of CDMA a little better than the reality. I am a world traveler and I am uncomfortable when I am out of service; I like the reality of GSM a little better than the idea. I am a great believer in the SIM chip and the ability to move my number and personalization from one phone to another and back again. For that reason I will likely not return to CDMA until and unless it offers a SIM.

One of my Nokias is on its way to France with a student. He will buy an Orange chip from a news stand when he gets to France and he will be in business.

However, the reason that I am responding to this thread is for the opportunity to say how pleased I am with the battery life of my Treo 600 GSM. I admit that I have a number of chargers with me most of the time. However, I bought them when I was a Treo 270 user and really needed them. I am glad that there is an external battery for the Treo but I do not own one and do not miss it. This is only the second phone that I have had where I did not have to ration battery life (the other was my Nokia 8890) and the only PDA.
    I guess it depends on a lot of factors.

I live in South Florida and travel within the United States occasionally.

I have used Sprint since 1997 and am VERY SATISFIED overall. Their customer service (over the telephone) has always remidied any problems that may come up.

I have a $100 plan (after the 5% loyalty monthly rebate) that includes 2000 ANYTIME minutes, UNLIMITED nights/weekends, UNLIMITED Sprint-to-Sprint phones (great to call my wife), UNLIMITED data, and SHARE 3 phones. This plan works perfect for me.

Also of importance, the quality and reliability of the service is EXCELLENT!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    with T-Mo for about 4 years. Their CS is poor (but who's isn't). It is generally a good plan for voice and data......