1.    #1  
    I have always had trouble with this whole belt clip business. I had a phone once from ATT that fit sideways on my belt. It really looked slick. That was about 3 years ago and I have since switched to T-Mobile for that 3000 minutes and a Pocket PC Phone which had a big bulky black case. What the hell, I don't want that thing to be any more bulky. Well I have suffered the loss of the Pocket PC software to find a more stylish looking phone in my Treo 600 that I have now.

Someone please tell me what the purpose of having a phone like this is if you can't show it off. The closest thing I have found to a stylish belt clip is the alluminum case variety on ebay. That's not good enough. Call me a show off, but i want it to be on my belt and I want easy accessibility. Now Body Glove also has a "universal" clip on ebay the likes of which I have tried before. The only real problem with this is that I cannot attach it to the back of the phone without it comming off eventually. I have tried everything to attach it. I've tried crazyglue, monkey glue, and contact cement. The next step is this stuff for metal called JB Weld. I'm a little scared of that one. Can anyone point me in right direction here. I either need a nice looking belt clip "without the BULK" or some way to attach the body glove clip that really isn't all that bad.

Thanks all
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
    I went the small and efficient way and ordered a leather case from Nutshell. http://www.nutshell.cc Great case and after about 2 weeks of use, it forms very nicely to the T600. I ordered the one with the sewn on belt loop which will allow you to mount it either horizontally or vertically. And it does not come off until you take your belt off. It also sits very tightly to your body so you don't even notice it's there.

If you are looking for flash, you will get enough of it when using the unit. I went for functionality and protection.
    Thanks,

np
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickp
    If you are looking for flash, you will get enough of it when using the unit. I went for functionality and protection.
    Yep, the flash is the difficult part. Thanks for your other note regarding Tzones. I think I'll try that. This case here looks like a good one if only it were showing out instead of pointed inward. Gotta love the look. I paid too much for it.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
    how about a holster? They can provide part of the 'look' you're seeking while still giving quick & easy access. I have both the Seidio one and, more recently, the ProClips one. And, yes, to protect the screen, they both have the device pointing inward. I would that if you had it going the outward, and after the firt scratch, you'd wish you never had it going outward.
    Check out the various threads and pics of the holsters in the Accessories forum. Lots of good stuff there....
    If you want a belt clip that faces outward, just buy a cheap $8 one at Best Buy. You attach the button to the back of your Treo and you're all set. I used one until ProClips came out with their holster.

I can't understand why you'd want to risk damaging your Treo just so people can see it, but to each their own. Good Luck.
    You could also use 2 sided sticky tape on the back of the phone and belt clip.
    I used this on my other phone so that i can hang it on my laptop when using it as a modem. I also have carried it on my belt and in 3 years of having the phone it has never fell off. Plus it removes with no damage to your phone. I sure your treo will like that over super glue.
    hey, nrosser, which holster do you like better, the proclip, or the other one. It looks like the other one offers more protection. Also, does the treo ever fall out if you bump something? what kind of protection does it offer on rainy days? thanks.
    larry - I like the ProClips one the best; it's far less impactful on the device, less overall hassle, etc. If I had to pick, I'd definitely go ProClips. The Seidio one seemed to end up splitting apart my Treo due to how it holds onto the sides of the unit, and how the Treo slides into the side grippie things on the holster.
    I liked the Seidio one for a while, but over time...ummm..nope. Go ProClips.
    tivosnoopy, I use the body glove one and its been stuck on there for about 3 months now. I love it, because you can lock it into different swivel positions. I hate the other free swivel clips and the other cases are too thick for my taste. Did you make sure to clean your phone's surface well before applying the adhesive? Just a thought.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimeeboy51
    tivosnoopy, I use the body glove one and its been stuck on there for about 3 months now. I love it, because you can lock it into different swivel positions. I hate the other free swivel clips and the other cases are too thick for my taste. Did you make sure to clean your phone's surface well before applying the adhesive? Just a thought.
    I cleaned it pretty well I thought. Maybe, I'll see if I can buy some more adhesive foam and try it again.