1.    #1  
    I keep all of my contacts in Outlook. The new Treo 600 Updater and the most current desktop software do a pretty good job of syncing these contacts.

When someone calls, I would like to be able to add the number to an existing contact. Is there an application that will let me do that easily?

I used to have a Pocket PC Phone edition. From a software standpoint I liked it a little better but it crashed way too much and the signal was terrible (I assume because of all the resources needed by the OS). I do miss some of the features of it though.

I would like to be able to more easily tell when I have missed calls, and when I have voice mail waiting. Anyway, the main issue at the moment is the contacts. That wasn't easy with Pocket PC Phone Edition either.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
    when you see the number in the call log click on "details" and you will a button that says "copy phone #" click on it and the number can now be pasted in any app or contact by clicking menu- edit- paste.

Hope that helps.
    I use TakePhone. When adding to an existing entry, I add the phone number to the contact database via Takephone and then following the phone number, I enter the name or description or whatever of that number. Works very well. That way I can have four phone numers with description info following each one of the entries. You can even enter phone numbers in the custom areas, making bunches of space available for related phone numbers under one entry.

An example - under Cust.1 --- 555-5555 Mom
    under Other --- 555-5552 for pizza

Ben
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    when you see the number in the call log click on "details" and you will a button that says "copy phone #" click on it and the number can now be pasted in any app or contact by clicking menu- edit- paste. Note: (by tivosnoopy) You can easily find where to paste the number by typing a first intial followed by last initial. Example Bob Smith would be 'bs' it's that simple... then just paste in the number you copied using 'menu' + 'p'. It's super easy.

Hope that helps.
    Bclinger, the problem I was having was that I needed to add only a number to an already 'existing' contact as happens frequently in my line of work.

The suggestion above by sxtg works very well. It was not immediately obvious and I just ran accross that method the other day. I use it all the time. Thanks for the response sxtg, I appreciate it. Man, I love my Treo.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0