1.    #1  
    The AOL that PalmOne sells for palm devices (not recommended for Treo600, but I understand it works) How does that differ in how it handles email and IM compared to what is already available via the AOL Portal which is free?

Can anyone help?

Todd
    I use AOL for Palm, v3.1 build 009 and it works just fine on my SPCS T6. This program does not access AOL through the AOL portal. Rather, its like a mini AOL program right on the T6. I sign directly into AOL via my Vision connection and from there I can send/receive mail and use my AOL buddy list. Again, this version of AOL for Palm works fine on my T6, although it does not have 5 way navigator support.

CGordonn
    Works fine for me

Fred
  4.    #4  
    thanks guys!
    I was very excited to see "AOL 3.2.1 for Treo 600" released last week. I tried it and was disappointed to see the 5-way Nav button is still not supported. If they could get that to work, it would be pretty slick for Instant Messaging. As far as I can tell, the IM portion is no different than AIM 1.2 for Palm.
    have they cleared up the problem that used to make the Palm go into a hard reset? that was a mess - if so I d like to get this program as I use IM via SMS all the time and that is really handy to see who is on - Does this run over SMS or require a persistent connection?
    I downloaded the program tonight. It half works with the navigation button, but works as advertised for email, buddy list and IM's. For me it is what I needed

Kevin
    I just signed up with aol, so I'm not sure it's for me just yet. Consequently, I was interested in trying out aol for the treo 600, but there doesn't appear to be a demo download. Does anyone know if there is a demo, and if so, where?
    thanks.
    AOL for Palm unfortunatley cannot be downloaded as a demo. You have to purchase it. It's not right but that's AOL for ya!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    sigh. thanks for the quick response. do you have it? is it worth the investment? I mean, I have verichat which can sign me on to aol im, but are there extra features in the aol download?
    Has anyone used AOL on the Treo along with Goodlink?

Also there was a thread started here about being disconnected when receiving a phone call, has anyone else experienced it?
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I have a new Treo 600 and have AOL 3.0 and 3.1, as well as VeriChat. If one of you 3.2.1 owners would be willing to share, I'd love to demo a 3.2.1 before spending yet another $20. I only bought AOL 3.0 a few months ago and almost immediately it had issues, and AOL was unwilling to support 3.0 as soon as 3.1 was released. My e-mail address is tvccs@yahoo.com. Thanks.
    Received this in response to my email to AOL

The AOL 3.2.1 for Treo 600 should support the 5-way nav button, but from what I am seeing at this time, it is not working as designed. I have escalated this to a software developer for further asssitance. Will let you know when I get a response.

Sincerely,

The PDASoftwareHelp@aol.com Team
    Don't know how quickly they'll figure it out though
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post