View Poll Results: Does your Treo turn on by itself at 3:30 a.m.?

Voters
382. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

220 57.59%
  • No

68 17.80%
  • I Don't Know

67 17.54%
  • I Don't Care

27 7.07%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I got a response from the palmOne tech support escalation team: the phone is resetting network time to ensure it is accurate. People had complained in the past that the phone was one hour out of synch after the DST changes until they cycled the radio on/off. Mystery closed.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    I got a response from the palmOne tech support escalation team: the phone is resetting network time to ensure it is accurate. People had complained in the past that the phone was one hour out of synch after the DST changes until they cycled the radio on/off. Mystery closed.
    Um, that explains that what it's for, it just doesn't explain why the screen is activated.

Will TreoHelper turn the screen off if the treo is in the charger? If so, then I can set it for 3:31 a.m. to turn off (though I wouldn't want the radio to go off since I need it and it would make a loud noise).
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron

hmmmm
    Yes the mystery is closed....but the solution isn't. When my screen stays on from 3:30 am till I wake up and turn it off (since its on the charger) that is a lot of extra screen burn time I would rather not have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loondog
    hmmmm
    Yes the mystery is closed....but the solution isn't. When my screen stays on from 3:30 am till I wake up and turn it off (since its on the charger) that is a lot of extra screen burn time I would rather not have.
    You say your Treo stays on while in the cradle? Do you have any tools like OnCradleOn installed? If so, turn them off or delete them. The behavior you describe is not a built-in funtion on the Treo, but could have been added with a 3rd-party utility.

My Treo turns on at 3:30am as others describe, but it also turns off after 1 minute (while plugged into the charger). If yours does not, then that's not the norm.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget
    You say your Treo stays on while in the cradle? Do you have any tools like OnCradleOn installed? If so, turn them off or delete them. The behavior you describe is not a built-in funtion on the Treo, but could have been added with a 3rd-party utility.

My Treo turns on at 3:30am as others describe, but it also turns off after 1 minute (while plugged into the charger). If yours does not, then that's not the norm.
    I do have OnCradleOn installed but the check box is not checked to make it active.
    I do have OnCradleOn installed but the check box is not checked to make it active.
    Ahah! Try deleting it. If I remember correctly, the checkbox was meaningless--or rather it only worked on OS4 devices.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Ahah! Try deleting it. If I remember correctly, the checkbox was meaningless--or rather it only worked on OS4 devices.
    Ahh IC....I didn't know that....Thanks!

Ahh IC....I didn't know that....Thanks!

You're welcome. Let us know if that fixed it.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

9.    #49  

Are you using the new firmware? I recall once seeing a "Stay on in Cradle" option, but I am not sure if that was this phone with the older (1.10) firmware, or if it was on my old 7135.

I do not have (nor ever had) OnCradleOn installed. So why is it that some of ours stay on in the cradle and others' don't? If mine turned off after 30 seconds, I really wouldn't care since I use Profiles to keep the screen dim at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Are you using the new firmware? I recall once seeing a "Stay on in Cradle" option, but I am not sure if that was this phone with the older (1.10) firmware, or if it was on my old 7135.

I do not have (nor ever had) OnCradleOn installed. So why is it that some of ours stay on in the cradle and others' don't? If mine turned off after 30 seconds, I really wouldn't care since I use Profiles to keep the screen dim at night.
    Treo has never had the option to stay on in cradle. It was always something that had to be added via 3rd party software. The Handspring Visor had the option and some other Palms, but not the Treo. I have the new firmware 1.20 which does not have the option to stay on in cradle. I also know for a fact that FW 1.10 does not have that option either.

I can only conclude that it's some combination of software and/or hack that people have installed that is keeping their Treos turned on after 3:30am. Although my Treo turns on at 3:30am as others have reported, my Treo turns off after a minute (as my settings in Prefs tell it).

I suggest that everyone double-check their software and its options. Has anyone checked to see if this happens (stays on) after a hard reset (without reinstalling anything)?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

whay about a box or sheet... you coukd cover it and sleep again

not something id ever lose sleep over
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by broberob
    whay about a box or sheet... you coukd cover it and sleep again

not something id ever lose sleep over
    (no pun intended?)

It's not just the light, it's also the screen burn-out (3-4 hours per night adds up very quickly). I use this device as an emergency pager too. I don't want to deal with any obstacles in the middle of the night.
    Hi guys,

Having a GSM Treo 600, it doesn't wake up in the night, but here's one thing you might want to do: install alarmlist (get it here: http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/alarmlist.shtml) and check if there's an alarm setup at that time (which should be the case).

AlarmList will tell you which application sets the alarm, so at least we'll know for sure if the mail program is at fault or not...
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    You're welcome. Let us know if that fixed it.
    Ok I deleted OnCradle last night and......the screen was still on with I woke up this morning.

Hmmmmmm
    Do you have 'Profiles' installed? It has an option for StayOnWhenPlugIn.
    After the Sprint 1.2 it added an app to ROM called Date and Time (7.82 KB). This is the application that turns it on at 3:30 am. I have not researched all aspects of the firmware upgrade and not sure why this was added.

Sorry ThirdType just read your thread where you already mentioned this.
    i dont think my treo turns on at 330am...but i have noticed that i after i do an SMS session..when i turn off the screen...a few seconds later it will turn back on

i have firmware 3.04
    The Sprint Treo 600 always stays on the in cradle if it is turned on while in the cradle. After hotsync it does the same, stays on.

have no third party software to manipulate my unit...... with the execption of Agendus.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Do you have 'Profiles' installed? It has an option for StayOnWhenPlugIn.
    I do not have Profiles installed

Here is my list:
    Adobe Reader
    Audible Player
    Bejeweled (game)
    Big Clock
    BlackJack (game)
    Converter
    Diceman (game)
    Diddlebug
    Filez
    Flysnake (game)
    Lines (game)
    Mail
    Marbles2 (game)
    Matrix Screensaver
    Memorix (game)
    MMPlayer
    MovieRec
    PacDude100 (game)
    PalmLight
    PlumPete (game)
    Prison (game)
    Pocket Tunes Standard
    Qset
    SFCave (game)
    Sketcher
    TreoAllegro
    TreoAlert (expired)
    Yaps
    Zap!2000

Along with all the standard apps out of the box.
    Didn't know I had all this stuff until I had to type it out
    Quote Originally Posted by ekim
    The Sprint Treo 600 always stays on the in cradle if it is turned on while in the cradle. After hotsync it does the same, stays on.

have no third party software to manipulate my unit...... with the execption of Agendus.
    Not true.

It may do that for YOUR Sprint Treo 600, but MY Sprint Treo 600 turns off after 1 minute, which is what I have it set to do in Prefs/General "Auto-off After: 1 minute". There is no built-in option to leave it on while in the cradle. I tried plugging it in while it was already turned on AND turning it on AFTER I plugged it in. In both cases, it turned itself off after 1 minute as it was supposed to.

SW/FW: Treo600-1.20-SPR
    HW: C
    PRL Rev: 10023

I also run Agendus 8.0, so that is not a factor. I can't explain why some people's devices stay on while plugged in. The only thing I can think of is 3rd-party software...some setting or interaction between programs.

My list of software:

PocketQuicken
    PocketTunes Deluxe
    SplashID
    SplashPhoto
    SplashShopper
    TomeRaider
    WorldMate Professional
    1st AID
    Agendus Pro 8
    DocumentsToGo Premium 6
    iSilo
    Directory Assistant
    SnapperMail Premium
    Audacity
    BackupMan
    DiddleBug
    Filez
    Diet & Exercise Assisant
    HandZipper
    IOUMate
    JpegWatch
    LightNZip
    Mass Transit
    Movie Recorder
    Sound Recorder
    Mocha Pocket Telnet
    Bejeweled
    TicTacMax
    Zap!2016
    AlarmList
    SmartPhoneTools - Call Totals, Call History
    PortableKB
    Qset
    TreoHelper

and...of course the built-in Palm apps.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast