1.    #1  
    I'm noticing about 8MB of memory unaccounted for on my Treo. If I open up the Delete screen, and add up all the installed programs, I'm only getting 15810 k. Yet, I've only got 1.8MB free out of 23.1MB.

Is there a good add-on memory manager anyone can recommend that might clear this up? I have a feeling I've got missing programs since the firmware update (Pocket Tunes disappeared after the update) but they are still taking up memory.
    The info screen is not comprehensive. It does not count some temporary nukable files such as caches for email applications. Use something like FileZ if you want a scientific number. The Launcher Info feature is more of a guide and meant for those who would rather have the details summarized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raschied
    I'm noticing about 8MB of memory unaccounted for on my Treo. If I open up the Delete screen, and add up all the installed programs, I'm only getting 15810 k. Yet, I've only got 1.8MB free out of 23.1MB.

Is there a good add-on memory manager anyone can recommend that might clear this up? I have a feeling I've got missing programs since the firmware update (Pocket Tunes disappeared after the update) but they are still taking up memory.
    Oh you definitely need to get Filez. There are lots of things in there that don't show up like databases, etc. Also I might recommend Uninstall Manager. It not only can uninstall existing applications and files but it will keep track of every new program you add and all the associated files and databases so when you want to delete them all that other junk is deleted as well and you aren't left with a lot of "orphans." A very worthwhile program.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the quick reply! Is there a comprehensive list somewhere that shows what some of these hidden files are for, what they are associated with, etc?