Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 160
  1.    #1  
    I've been searching high and low for something like the TODAY screen of pocket PCs. Is there anyone who can make one for the T600? The closest I've seen is the Today freeware in freewarepalm.com but it doesn't have a functional email and/or sms field. It would be great if someone can make one with the ability to have wallpapers even! If anyone ever had a pocket pc2003 handheld, you know what I mean. If, in the off chance that I was under a rock when somebody actually came up with a software like this for the treo600, can someone point me to it? Thanks a lot guys. And btw, I've just updated my phone with the new update from P1, and it's working just fine
  2. #2  
    have you looked at Facer from Pocketcraft (pocketcraft.com)?

    it works great for me
  3. #3  
    Try this

    http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/today.shtml

    works for me.



    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    I've been searching high and low for something like the TODAY screen of pocket PCs. Is there anyone who can make one for the T600? The closest I've seen is the Today freeware in freewarepalm.com but it doesn't have a functional email and/or sms field. It would be great if someone can make one with the ability to have wallpapers even! If anyone ever had a pocket pc2003 handheld, you know what I mean. If, in the off chance that I was under a rock when somebody actually came up with a software like this for the treo600, can someone point me to it? Thanks a lot guys. And btw, I've just updated my phone with the new update from P1, and it's working just fine
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
  4. #4  
    Shimon from TakePhone fame is developing a new Today aka 2Day app for the Treo 600. Stay tuned- should come out soon!

    Will integrate phone and pda functions into 1 screen- Chatter, Verichat, SMS, email (Snappermail and others), SoundRec voicememos, etc.

    This will be the one for all of us to use. Today, Facer, Wassup cant even compete with this.

    Look for an annoiuncement soon.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzydiver
    I believe that's the Today app manilenio was referring too.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    Shimon from TakePhone fame is developing a new Today aka 2Day app for the Treo 600. Stay tuned- should come out soon!

    Will integrate phone and pda functions into 1 screen- Chatter, Verichat, SMS, email (Snappermail and others), SoundRec voicememos, etc.

    This will be the one for all of us to use. Today, Facer, Wassup cant even compete with this.

    Look for an annoiuncement soon.
    Waiting patiently...
  7. #7  
    Today is not the same as the forthcoming 2Day app from the developer of TakePhone. Coming soon.
  8. #8  
    I'd really love to see this 2Day come about. It would be nice if some such program could be made modular so that others could add/remove various modules for reporting the status of other programs (Chatter, Snapper, calendar, to do list, etc.).

    Regards,
    --Mathew
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mathewlu
    I'd really love to see this 2Day come about. It would be nice if some such program could be made modular so that others could add/remove various modules for reporting the status of other programs (Chatter, Snapper, calendar, to do list, etc.).

    Regards,
    --Mathew
    You may want to look at the program FACER, it has a today type sceen and has modules that can be plugged in for apps (weather, mail, etc.). I have not used it, so if anyone else has, please give us your feedback!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BillK400
    You may want to look at the program FACER, it has a today type sceen and has modules that can be plugged in for apps (weather, mail, etc.). I have not used it, so if anyone else has, please give us your feedback!
    Looks like it was updated to 2.0.6 yesterday!
    http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...ditorsChoice=2

    I'm not sure how a 15% discount from $10.95 comes out to $16.10 though!

    I'm downloading now, I'll post back in a little while some random thoughts.

    So much for that.
    I've got a conflict with Goodlink software which is causing a soft reset.

    It doesn't seem to bad. It shows today's and tomorrows active appointments at the top (which don't show because of goodlink).
    It shows the built-in task list.
    It doesn't show anything else and I can't find the settings to tell it to.

    I don't like the buttons at the top of bottom.
    The top from left to right has
    a house: goes back to the facer screen
    a grid: goes to facer's built in launcher
    menu icon: opens up facer's menu.
    I think these are in the wrong order, the menu icon should be all the way over on the left as with all other palm programs.

    5 way left/right nav cycles thru days.

    To the right at the top is the card info icon, battery level icon, and RAM memory icon. Again, I find these in a odd order. Also, the battery level icon doesn't indicate if the Treo is charging.

    The default icons on the bottom are pretty self explanatory. Except for on in the middle. It looks like shadows, but one clicked, opens the calculator.

    I couldn't find any Launcher options, such as layout, include/exclude names, etc.

    Selecting System Prefs from the help menu brings me back to the Phone Application.

    I couldn't figure out how to move from the facer screen to the launcher without using the stylus. There appears to be no menu options or 5 way support to do so.

    That's my random thoughts.
    Last edited by MovieGene; 06/02/2004 at 11:50 AM.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
  11. #11  
    Thamks for the quick initial review....doesn't sound too promising......anybody else have experience with Facer?
  12. #12  
    Has anyone checked out the new version of Wassup? It just got updated yesterday.

    Updated Description:
    Version 1.4.3 (3rd June 04)
    * Fixed numerous issues that Wassup had on the Treo 600, including unreadable fonts, crash with Radar and others.
    * Added support for Treo 600 SMS application
    * Fixed issue when using "Color Theme"s on palmOne device

    I think I'm just gonna wait for "2Day."
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    ... I think I'm just gonna wait for "2Day."
    Latest news on this is that we're about 2 weeks away for 2Day public beta.
  14. #14  
    I use facer 2.0 and I think its great. It has pluggins for todays weather and Versamail. Also the screens are customizable with their facemaker program.
  15. #15  
    For those interested, here is what my today screen looks like in Facer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16. #16  
    I downloaded the Wassup 1.4.3 trial yesterday, but it was causing resets all the time when I try to use it, so I deleted it.
    I am not saying that the bugs are in Wassup though - I am using my Treo for testing/development of the Profeo programs, so it might be that my test software was interfering with Wassup.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    Latest news on this is that we're about 2 weeks away for 2Day public beta.
    Thanks for the update, elysian9.
  18. #18  
    Maybe a screenshot or two fo 2Day would be nice????
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by nachon
    I downloaded the Wassup 1.4.3 trial yesterday, but it was causing resets all the time when I try to use it, so I deleted it.
    I am not saying that the bugs are in Wassup though - I am using my Treo for testing/development of the Profeo programs, so it might be that my test software was interfering with Wassup.
    Yeah, it must be a software conflict because Wassup 1.4.3 works fine on mine. No resets.
  20. #20  
    It would be cool if any of the today apps would show your balance from splash money in a tile...
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions