1.    #1  
    I like many others bought my Treo600 for 100 from Orange(UK) so long as I was paying a 'promotional' monthly contract amount of 25/month. That promotion ends after 12months and then it goes up to a whopping 42/month. I have no intension of paying this amount so Im considering waiting till the 12th month and trying the latest Treo600 unlocking technique (whatever it will be in the future) and then porting to an equivalent promotion of a rival company. This is unless I can port from Orange(UK) to Orange(UK) and start another promotional deal - unlikley - Forum Members... What are your plans for when your Orange(UK) contract expires?
    How about when the contract expires - you cancel the contract, thus keep the phone - sell it on Ebay and sign up for another contract with Orange at a speacial rate along with a new Treo, perhaps the Treo 610 ??? You will be given a new phone number though. If you shop around at the time of your contract termination you may find a good deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by lufcmattylad
    I like many others bought my Treo600 for 100 from Orange(UK) so long as I was paying a 'promotional' monthly contract amount of 25/month. That promotion ends after 12months and then it goes up to a whopping 42/month. I have no intension of paying this amount so Im considering waiting till the 12th month and trying the latest Treo600 unlocking technique (whatever it will be in the future) and then porting to an equivalent promotion of a rival company. This is unless I can port from Orange(UK) to Orange(UK) and start another promotional deal - unlikley - Forum Members... What are your plans for when your Orange(UK) contract expires?
    I think someone's sold you a load of old bollocks there, mate. You can change your tarrif down at any point after 1 month if you bought it direct from Orange or usually after 4 months if you bought it from a dealer. You could have changed to the High Speed Data 10 a month tarrif ages ago, although this is really only for those with very low usage patterns.

Bottom line is there is nothing in your contract that says you have to switch to paying 42 a month! If anything you should be paying less than you currently pay now.

Because I'm on the price matched Virgin tarrif with no line rental I couldn't upgrade, so I got one for free on a new contract and just took the old sim out of my T270 and use it in my new T600. This new contract is on a 25 a month tarrif, but after 4 months I will be switching it down to the HSD tarriff for the final 8 then cancelling it after 12. Total cost to me: about 180 spread over a year plus I get to keep my old number and existing tarriff

Lee.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Lee@Dvddebate] You could have changed to the High Speed Data 10 a month tarrif ages ago, although this is really only for those with very low usage patterns.QUOTE]

Never heard of that tarrif- what are the terms?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    go for orange online tarrifs and get the same deal for 15 a month
    talking of Orange, has anyone had a recent spate of unwanted calls from people claiming to be the Indepe Orange shop or something similar ?? They are offering me a phone upgrade - unwanted as I'm very happy with my treo...anyone else ??
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Did have a call few months ago from someone claiming to be from Orange. They asked me what phone I had because I was eligible for an upgrade. I replied a Treo 600 and they hung up on me. I called Orange and they said companies buy phone numbers and try to get people to upgrade? Presume they hung up on me because you can't really upgrade from the Treo at the moment!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

[QUOTE=Hicks]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee@Dvddebate
    You could have changed to the High Speed Data 10 a month tarrif ages ago, although this is really only for those with very low usage patterns.QUOTE]

Never heard of that tarrif- what are the terms?
    I typed 'orange high speed data tariff' in to google and came up witht his link at the top of the list:

http://www.mobileshop.org/costs/orangedata.htm

Lee.
    I'm on an Orange contract and changed my tariff with single phone call - needs a month's notice but otherwise no problem. Like other's I'm hoping that when the 12 months (from October 03) are up the Treo 610/700/whatever will be available.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I like the OVP idea, but what gets on my wick is the great "exclusive" tariffs that are only available for new customers. What ever happened to loyalty? I know every other Network does the same thing; I spoke to a guy from Orange about it who said that he doesn't make the rules.....

The Mobileshop.com link shows prices for voice calls but the Orange site (unsurprisingly) doesn't seem to make any acknowledgement of this. In fact the Orange site seems quite specific that there is no difference between peak and off-peak charges.

I'm interested to know whether anyone is actually using this tariff and can confirm that the voice calls are charged as shown on the Mobileshop site.

cheers
    Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    talking of Orange, has anyone had a recent spate of unwanted calls from people claiming to be the Indepe Orange shop or something similar ?? They are offering me a phone upgrade - unwanted as I'm very happy with my treo...anyone else ??
    Had a similar dodgy call a few days ago. I think they literally just buy the numbers, they don't seem to have any idea how long your contract has been running. The call started with them telling me that I could get an upgrade to a nice, new camera phone for free (a bit odd only 7 months into a new contract!).

They had no idea what handset I had and were more concerned about trying to get my postcode to stick in their database alongside my number (how dumb do they think we are?!). Even when I told them to remove my number they claimed that they couldn't do that without me first giving my postcode. They claimed to be called the "Communicate Group" and to be based in Stoke on Trent. They also hadn't withheld their number for some bizarre reason.