1.    #1  
    I have T-zones with no limit on data transfer for $2.99. I would consider paying the $19.00 per month for unlimited high-speed if I knew more about it. Is it "theoretically" possible to have a PC use the high-speed data service from the Cell Phone? After all, no air-time is actually billed during a data session right?
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    PDAnet allows you to use the Treo as a wireless modem (using the hotsync cable). It works well, and mimics a fast dial-up connection. I have found it very useful for email / browsing when on the road. IMO, it is well worth the investment, and would benefit from having an unlimited data account on TMo.

...if you have a charging USB cable, it works nicely to plug in your laptop, plug in the Treo and your get connected and a charge at the same time.....

free trial of the app as well... http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/index.php
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    PDAnet allows you to use the Treo as a wireless modem (using the hotsync cable). It works well, and mimics a fast dial-up connection. I have found it very useful for email / browsing when on the road. IMO, it is well worth the investment, and would benefit from having an unlimited data account on TMo.

...if you have a charging USB cable, it works nicely to plug in your laptop, plug in the Treo and your get connected and a charge at the same time.....

Excellent. That will be fun. I didn't notice though that the USB hotsync cable charged the phone while it was syncing. I'm not sure it does.

Thank you for this. I'll have a blast trying to make that work.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
    I am using PdaNet and it works well. I also have the grandfathered $2.99 T-Zones plan and I am able to download POP3 e-mail as well as get web access. Try it out first before you invest in the $19.95/mo plan. It may not be necessary.....
    Thanks,

np
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo

Ditto!
    Quote Originally Posted by tivosnoopy
    Excellent. That will be fun. I didn't notice though that the USB hotsync cable charged the phone while it was syncing. I'm not sure it does.

Thank you for this. I'll have a blast trying to make that work.
    Not hard to make it work. The PDANet software is very easy to use.

My USB cable does charge and sync but it may be third party. It also has a handy sync button.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Not hard to make it work. The PDANet software is very easy to use.

My USB cable does charge and sync but it may be third party. It also has a handy sync button.
    PDANet ROCKS! I love it while traveling. I used to have to use my dad's earthlink account while traveling. Got yelled at for tying up the phone at inlaws. Now I get what seems to be faster than dialup speeds and no YELLING!!!