1.    #1  
    Is there any chance that the wifi SD Card Sandisk announced a few days ago will be compatible with the Palm OS (and the Treo 600?)

Their pressrelease states:

"The new card is compatible with handheld devices that feature an SDIO-enabled slot and use Microsoft® Pocket PC 2002, Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile™ 2003 operating environments."

http://www.sandisk.com/pressrelease/20040524b.html
    ReindeR
    Microsoft® Pocket PC 2002, Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile™ 2003 operating environments."?

If they have been touting this for WINDOZE, how do you think it will work with the 600 which doenst come close to a Bill Gates design?

I'm sure that as soon as they become available for the T600, we'll be the 1st 2 Know!!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  3.    #3  
    My question should have been more precise. Are there major technical obstacles to overcome before making this card work in the Treo? Can it all be done with software? Should we expect a solution from Sandisk, PalmOne or are independent developers our only hope? Or is a combination between these three actors needed?
    ReindeR
    I think the primary issue is with the drivers requried for the Palm OS. Apparently they're still debugging and its taking a long time. Sandisk blames PalmOne, PalmOne blames Sandisk... yada yada... Also, there's talk that the Treo 600's SD slot doesn't supply enough power to support a SDIO Wifi card.