Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    So who's up for a challenge, Home made car kit. Not sure how the palm one car kit hooks into phone but some way of a simple one or two wire connection that gives you rca outs and a 3/32 mic in. I have a navigation system in my car that takes rca inputs and it has a microphone in the headliner that goes into a 3/32 jack on the back of it. So if someone could find the pinouts to the car kit we might be in business. Just immagine, a single wire going to the bottom of the treo for charging and phone usage.
  2. #2  
    doothedeww ~

    Attached are 2 pics of my early, experimental vehicle mount, designed to be used with theBoom, as truck noise is an issue in my case.

    I will be posting a car "cup holder" unit next week (Production Design).

    Rigid, proper positioning of the Treo is key, for safe and enjoyable vehicle use.

    Modification of the "External Battery-based Cradle" can achieve your goals.

    I'm assuming your car layout is something like the 3rd pic
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3. #3  
    Would this fit your need:

    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...D-SMGF1HSTR600

    It's not out yet, but it seems to come close to your criteria. It will work for mine.
    Just a suggestion.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
  4.    #4  
    if i was going to get the suido i would just get the real palm one hands free. if the suido is going to be around $100 the real palm one unit is only $140 and has an external antenna.

    As for the battery cradle idea, i think that there is too many wires coming from it. Im looking to use the hotsync connector for charging and for the hands free set. I think the the palm one handsfree uses the hotsync for everything.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww
    if i was going to get the suido i would just get the real palm one hands free. if the suido is going to be around $100 the real palm one unit is only $140 and has an external antenna.

    As for the battery cradle idea, i think that there is too many wires coming from it. Im looking to use the hotsync connector for charging and for the hands free set. I think the the palm one handsfree uses the hotsync for everything.
    doothedeww ~ I understood your interface request and confirm, we are on the same page.
    • 2 wires in Truck Mount Pic is a config of choice for this specific vehicle.
      • 12 Volt Power - May be used to recharge only - it is pluged into a 1200 mAh Treo External Battery (Note Pic cradle 2c w/o wires.)
      • theBoom wired-headset - plug directly into Treo Headset Output and can be setup Vehicle Audio / External Mic. an alternate option, to your pinout integration (Note Pic cradle cables with Charge / Sync Cable & theBoom Headset.
    Treo External Battery is a superior mounting method - Treo Engineered, Treo Approved, Treo "Friendly, integraged with Treo Electronics. charges Treo Internal Battery - an aid to maintaining Treo internal Battery life.

    ==> It is possible to utilize the "Treo External Battery" as a secure, approved mounting method only, routing wires, unseen, through the support stem (more clearly shown in pic "Cradle Back".)

    It is possible to configure with all wires concealed. (Power, RCA, Remote Mic, MP3 Stereo Output to Care Audio System, etc.)

    A selection of stem / base vehicle configurations provides consumer choices: from a simple Treo User-friendly device to a Professional Hardwired unit.

    Some Road Warriors appreciate complete Treo flexibility for Charge / Sync, Headset, External Speaker / Mic and MP3 Output Config.

    The Production Vehicle Unit - (will post next week) - illustrates use in a traditional SUV, designed for ordinary user setup - easily moved to alternate vehicle on a daily basis. ( perhaps an attractive feature if you have more than one vehicle and don't wish to have more than one vehicle mount. )
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6.    #6  
    ok now i get the idea. how do you get the wires to be completely hidden coming from the extra battery? I think there has to be a standard connector on the back of the battery that has access to charging, headset, hotsync, and mp3 usage. Then when u get home or into your car just plug it in, possibly Cat5 to a dock in the car or home.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww
    ok now i get the idea. how do you get the wires to be completely hidden coming from the extra battery? I think there has to be a standard connector on the back of the battery that has access to charging, headset, hotsync, and mp3 usage. Then when u get home or into your car just plug it in, possibly Cat5 to a dock in the car or home.
    doothedeww ~ Yes - Thank You, RJ45 may do it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #8  
    if rj45 does work that would be awesome. just a single plug to dock it.
  9.    #9  
    now i have to get a extended life battery, a usb sync/charge cable, and one of those things that plugs into a lighter that has a usb port on it for charging. Time to get my dremel and soldering iron ready
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww
    if rj45 does work that would be awesome. just a single plug to dock it.
    doothedeww ~

    I just happen to have the pic of the RJ45, photo taken while testing a B/W CCD Camera (Kodak DCS760m). RJ45 will not provide adequate MTBF. You "said" Cat 5 / I know what you're referring to. Funny thing, "Twisted Pair" can be less than ideal for analog (audio) signals - electro motive force - right hand rule, etc. Shielded Coax has better isolation. There is an abundance of Mil-Spec Connectors.

    The Treo Mount in the truck is a good test mule, has an External Battery Quick-Release and many undesirable features - when compared to the sophistication of a more elegant design w/superior materials.
  11.    #11  
    when u say twisted pair is not good for audio i beg to differ. high quality monster rca cables and speaker wire use twisted pair. Monster Cable XLN is what i use in my car, no interference at all. Twisted pairs actually cancel out interference. Maybe cheap cat5 isn't the best but for mic/and headphone outs i don't think it would have a problem.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww
    when u say twisted pair is not good for audio i beg to differ. high quality monster rca cables and speaker wire use twisted pair. Monster Cable XLN is what i use in my car, no interference at all. Twisted pairs actually cancel out interference. Maybe cheap cat5 isn't the best but for mic/and headphone outs i don't think it would have a problem.
    doothedeww ~
    Yes, your correct. Need sleep. I hear you laughing I earned it

    Thanks - Carl "ArcBody"
  13.    #13  
    no problem, i just didn't want to start an argument. What do you think of using a regular hotsync dock for a handsfree solution? I noticed a flat spot on the dock where the headset jack is sitting, it seems to be begging to get a male 3/32 plug put there.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww
    no problem, i just didn't want to start an argument. What do you think of using a regular hotsync dock for a handsfree solution? I noticed a flat spot on the dock where the headset jack is sitting, it seems to be begging to get a male 3/32 plug put there.
    doothedeww ~
    If you remove the "rubber adhesive-backed feet" you will uncover the screws.
    After you open it, you will understand - or correct me

    It's possible, but conflicts with the structural support of the PCB Connector.
    Open it & let me know what you think.
    If you don't, you won't stop thinking about it.
    If you do, you may have another concept - insights - a good thing.

    I really enjoy having a cradle w/o wires. Allows me to move the phone around in a viewable position and optimize reception ( ##33284 [dial] )
  15. #15  
    Hi all... to summarize, is there a way to get audio (with the latest FW releases) from the same jack that does the charging, or do you HAVE to use the 3/32 jack?
    Beach Computers
    Affordable online solutions.
    Visit us today for great web hosting deals:
    http://www.beachcomp.com
  16. #16  
    Hi there,

    I am on a separate angle trying to get a car kit working. I have the Belkin FM transmitter to hear the sound on my car speakers and then relying on the Microphone for the other party to hear.

    this is all works fine except for one thing....

    The other party hears themselves again as the mic picks them up from the speakers. Any ideas on how a software fix to prevent this?

    If this could be fixed then the car-kit issues is fixed for me.

    Any ideas???

    Adrian

Posting Permissions