1.    #1  
    Looks like the Orange firmware for Switzerland Is finally out.

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...0_updater.html
    Thanks Skillllllz
    www.gsmworld.com
    Just received a replacement Treo 600 Orange UK from "A Novo - Handspring Repairs" as mine was faulty.

The Firmware is 03:05 Software:Treo600-1.12-OUK.

Both Movierec and Soundrec work a treat.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Looks like the Orange firmware for Switzerland Is finally out.

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...0_updater.html
    I installed it yesterday. Installation led to a reboot loop, probably caused by some software I had installed before. I then did a hard reset, synchronized with a new user name (you are asked to specify a user name when you synchronize for the first time with a freshly hard reset device, so you can take a new one), then updated a second time to that new user name. Now the device worked. Synchronizing with the old username reinstalled all the old applications and data. Now my treo works.

BTW: I tested the sound applications (movie-/soundrec). Sound is surprisingly clear. The buzzing problem (when called in bad reception area) seems to be gone either.

Regards

R.
    Quote Originally Posted by RolloM
    I installed it yesterday. Installation led to a reboot loop, probably caused by some software I had installed before. I then did a hard reset, synchronized with a new user name (you are asked to specify a user name when you synchronize for the first time with a freshly hard reset device, so you can take a new one), then updated a second time to that new user name. Now the device worked. Synchronizing with the old username reinstalled all the old applications and data. Now my treo works.

BTW: I tested the sound applications (movie-/soundrec). Sound is surprisingly clear. The buzzing problem (when called in bad reception area) seems to be gone either.

Regards

R.

YEAH, great ! I am happy having patiently waiting for this official release...my ownly problem is that I have left my charger at home , so I have to wait still few hours to upgrade my treo !!!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RolloM
    I installed it yesterday. (...)

R.
    Ok, here's my second report.

I do discourage from installing this new firmware. I regret it, and you cant go back...

What it has broken:

- Can't use speakerphone anymore. Other party does not hear me any more.
    - Telephone quality for other party even worse (a lot more calls with buzz problem, depending on quality of reception)
    - browser seems to make troubles (ok, might be a network problem as well)

So forget it.

Regards

R.
    I installed the firmware this week-end without any problems. Now, I can record sounds with SoundRec and it's a great improvement. Sound quality is impressive !
    I can use my speakerphone without any problems.
    I noticed yesterday some buzz problems too, but today all is ok. I think it's a network problem.
    GPRS connection seems to be a little faster, but disconnect after a few time of unuse.