1.    #1  
    Hi Guys!
    I am looking for a ringtone manager that will allow assigning of ringers to groups. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Tina
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Try mRing,worked great on my Treo 270. Never tried the Treo 600 version thought. I use LightWav

http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mring
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    best is iRING
    can transfer between libraries
    so convinient ...

though on treo600 the system only reads from 1 library
    which is the

MIDI System Ringtone

jsut export all libraries to this one ...
    im still looking for a NOKIA SMS RINGTONE though .. the "teeet teeet , teet teeet"
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Try mRing,worked great on my Treo 270. Never tried the Treo 600 version thought. I use LightWav

Does LightWav support assigning a ringtone to a group of people?
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Quote Originally Posted by techiechick
    Does LightWav support assigning a ringtone to a group of people?
    Yes
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk

Well, I tried mRing for the T600, it looked like it would do what I want, but it would only "see" my unfiled category in Contacts.... And I don't keep any entries there. My other categories do not appear in the set up window in mRing. That's the whole reason I want to be able to assign a ringtone to a group, because I have them all neatly organized. I email tech suppt, but no response just yet.

So then I decided to try LightWav.. But it doesn't give me the choice of playing any of my existing midis....

I just want to assign an existing mid ringtone to a category of contacts...This shouldn't be this hard!
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Lightwav is for mp3's & wav's which, in my opinion, are much better than midi's - louder and actual music rather than basic synthesized notes. there are lots of freeware apps around (I use mp3 splitter) that can cut up mp3's to shorter files so you can minimize the access time and get exactly the part of the song you want as a ring.

It is not too expensive and the developer listens to user feedback and responds quickly. lightwav is a great app well worth the $.

If you do consider going with an mp3 ringtone manager, based on your needs, you can also look at CallFilter and CallShield, but I found Lightwav to be perfect for me.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    Lightwav is for mp3's & wav's which, in my opinion, are much better than midi's - louder and actual music rather than basic synthesized notes. there are lots of freeware apps around (I use mp3 splitter) that can cut up mp3's to shorter files so you can minimize the access time and get exactly the part of the song you want as a ring.

It is not too expensive and the developer listens to user feedback and responds quickly. lightwav is a great app well worth the $.

If you do consider going with an mp3 ringtone manager, based on your needs, you can also look at CallFilter and CallShield, but I found Lightwav to be perfect for me.
    Ok, But I have two questions... 1. Where can I get mp3 splitter?
    2. How do I get the mp3's to the card?
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

actually I think mp3 splitter was the name of an old util I used for a while...

try this one
    power mp3 cutter

if you only have a couple of small files to sync, you can just use the instll tool to transfer them via hotsync to the card.

if you are transfering a lot of mp3's or they are fairly large, I suggest using either Softick's CardExport (softick.com) or get a card reader.
    Quote Originally Posted by xaix
    best is iRING
    can transfer between libraries
    so convinient ...

though on treo600 the system only reads from 1 library
    which is the

MIDI System Ringtone

jsut export all libraries to this one ...
    im still looking for a NOKIA SMS RINGTONE though .. the "teeet teeet , teet teeet"
    I've got a bunch of Nokia ringtones sitting on my PC here.
    However, I don't know which one you're referencing.

Here's the list.
    Acceleration
    Arabesque 2
    Arabesque
    Beach
    Bee-boogie
    Chill
    Chipmunk
    Cicada
    Cingular_Tune
    Do Mi So
    Easy Street
    Echo Chamber
    Electric Eel
    Fantasie
    Foxy
    Futuristico
    Goblin
    Hummingbird
    Illusionist
    In the groove
    Just jazzy
    Luminosity
    Montuno
    Right-on
    Ring Ring
    Rise'n shine
    Rocky road
    Sicilenne
    Sleepyhead
    Snowfall
    Songette
    Space Age
    Swing player
    Treadmill
    Whistle

Now that I've taken the firmware off my website, I can post this there if you'd like.
    If you only need a few, I can probably just email them to you.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    can someone help me out on how to silence my treo ringtones. I have installed lightwav in my treo 600 but whenever i get a call both the mp3 and treo tone ring. this is more annoying than having just the already annoying treo ringtone. I read that i could use the "silent" in the treo sound preference to silence the treo ring tone. There is no such thing as "silence" in my sound preference
    I use callfilter. It's advertised as a program that allows you to send certain callers or any caller from a category directly to voice mail or assign them a specific ring.
    As a result it's a pretty powerful ring tone manager for phone calls only. It doesn't deal with tones from email, sms, etc.
    It works by creating rules. You just create a rule for each group and say that if the call is from "business" then use XXX ring tone. It also allows you to assign MP3s as the ring tone if you have pTunes installed.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...e&prodID=53606
    OSAA, no offence but RTFM...
    When you are in the prefs and you have a drop down list of MIDI ringtones there is one called "Silent". Choose this for all drop down MIDIs.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by OSAA
    can someone help me out on how to silence my treo ringtones. I have installed lightwav in my treo 600 but whenever i get a call both the mp3 and treo tone ring. this is more annoying than having just the already annoying treo ringtone. I read that i could use the "silent" in the treo sound preference to silence the treo ring tone. There is no such thing as "silence" in my sound preference
    to suppress the midi sound goto the sound prefs in the phone app and set "known" and "unknown" callers midi to "silent" if you dont have silent send us email support@toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieGene
    I've got a bunch of Nokia ringtones sitting on my PC here.
    However, I don't know which one you're referencing.

Here's the list.
    Acceleration
    Arabesque 2
    Arabesque
    Beach
    Bee-boogie
    Chill
    Chipmunk
    Cicada
    Cingular_Tune
    Do Mi So
    Easy Street
    Echo Chamber
    Electric Eel
    Fantasie
    Foxy
    Futuristico
    Goblin
    Hummingbird
    Illusionist
    In the groove
    Just jazzy
    Luminosity
    Montuno
    Right-on
    Ring Ring
    Rise'n shine
    Rocky road
    Sicilenne
    Sleepyhead
    Snowfall
    Songette
    Space Age
    Swing player
    Treadmill
    Whistle

Now that I've taken the firmware off my website, I can post this there if you'd like.
    If you only need a few, I can probably just email them to you.
    I would love to have some of the Nokia ringtones, but unfortunately I don't know their names. If you could upload all the tones to your site, I would love to check them out.

Btw, I use Lightwav, so I hope the tones are not in midi format.

Thanks a million!
    The tech group from mRing responded to an issue I had within two days and it solved the problem. Give them a try again. I do not know the answer as to why you do not see your groups. I do not have groups. Worst case you can assign the tones individually under contacts, but that would be extra work. It works though by individual. That is what I have done. Good luck.