1.    #1  
    I am reading on mytreo.net that if my software says "INT" then it is unlocked.
    Well, I bought mine from CompUSA and the sticker says T-Mobile and it came with a new T-Mobile SIM card. So I am pretty sure if its locked to T-Mobile. However, looking at my software version, it says "Treo600-1.08-INT". So what does that mean? The question ultimately would point me to choose the updater I am suppose to use. Should I use the updater for "Other Carriers" or should I use the T-Mobile (if it comes out).
    Thanks - I am new here.
    are you the Chen_KeniChi from hofo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chen_Kenichi
    I am reading on mytreo.net that if my software says "INT" then it is unlocked.
    Well, I bought mine from CompUSA and the sticker says T-Mobile and it came with a new T-Mobile SIM card. So I am pretty sure if its locked to T-Mobile. However, looking at my software version, it says "Treo600-1.08-INT". So what does that mean? The question ultimately would point me to choose the updater I am suppose to use. Should I use the updater for "Other Carriers" or should I use the T-Mobile (if it comes out).
    Thanks - I am new here.
    I purchased direct from HS, but it was purchased as a T-Mo service phone and I am the same as you in all other respects.

I did the update with the "other carriers" updater; followed all the directions to the letter; and was updated in a total of about 20 minutes.

I have noticed more resets than before, but I have no way of knowing if it is update related or other software that is creating a conflict somewhere. Nonetheless, the update worked well and I have no concerns. I did my update about one week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas T
    I purchased direct from HS, but it was purchased as a T-Mo service phone and I am the same as you in all other respects.

I did the update with the "other carriers" updater; followed all the directions to the letter; and was updated in a total of about 20 minutes.

I have noticed more resets than before, but I have no way of knowing if it is update related or other software that is creating a conflict somewhere. Nonetheless, the update worked well and I have no concerns. I did my update about one week ago.
    Ditto for me. I purchased a T-Mo branded unit and it was unlocked. I think you can enter *#*#777# and DIAL to see if your SIM is locked. I also updated with the ROW version, was done in 20-30 minutes with no issues, and also noticed considerably more resets. Sometimes the entire unit resets and sometimes just the radio. I have contacted T-Mo and they are sending me a replacement unit, mainly because I have that annoying BUZZZZ in the earpiece.
    Thanks,

np
    Nickp,

This is a good tip. *#*#777# for checking unlock SIM.

Thanks,

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Nickp,

This is a good tip. *#*#777# for checking unlock SIM.

Thanks,

Ron
    I just did this and it said "the SIM lock has been removed from your phone". Exactly what did I remove? I am on T-mobile with a Palm1 refub handheld.

and how do you re-lock it, if you want to??
    I thought I recalled hearing that that code generates the same results no matter what the state of your phone was (locked or unlocked). Check back for some threads on AT&T phones (which are locked). I don't think that code is trustworthy. Best way to be sure if it's locked or unlocked is just to try another carrier's SIM in your phone. Borrow a friend or coworker's for a couple minutes.

I ordered mine direct from HS during the T-Mobile update period, I too got an unbranded international model which is unlocked.

You can manually lock your SIM card itself to prevent unauthorized use of your mobile account. When it is locked, you must enter the correct PIN code to unlock it, even if you move to a different phone. This isn't the same as phones that are locked to a carrier like we're discussing here. Anyway, go into the phone app and choose "phone lock" from the options menu. Check the lock SIM box and enter the PIN then choose OK (apparently the PIN should have been provided by your carrier). Turn wireless mode off to activate the lock.