Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    the title says it all, too bad it doesn't have the other options we were looking for. looks like corporate users can now have a Treo without the camera being a hassle.
    were is the info for this?
    Maybe he's referring to this:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=51254

Not really any more info here either tho. Just another rumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigarster
    were is the info for this?
    Check out this thread. The guy sounds like he's in the know, but who knows?
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    P.T. Barnum had it rght.
  6.    #6  
    don't believe me? go to your local sprint store and have them look it up in the computer. Make sure they look it up under Palmone or PO for the sku instead of the old HS sku. Not a rumor this time around.
    It's true, Sprint will be carrying the cameraless Treo 600. There is no difference to the Treo w/o a camera other than slight software changes (assuming that would be so that the camera app doesn't show up and the 1.20 update is loaded out of box). It will hit Telesales and Business Reps by next week and stores may or may not carry stock of this Treo by early June.

-M-
    Quote Originally Posted by modma
    It's true, Sprint will be carrying the cameraless Treo 600. There is no difference to the Treo w/o a camera other than slight software changes (assuming that would be so that the camera app doesn't show up and the 1.20 update is loaded out of box). It will hit Telesales and Business Reps by next week and stores may or may not carry stock of this Treo by early June.

-M-
    YUP!! I just called CS (*2) on my Treo to ask a sales rep and he confirmed that a camera-less version of the Treo600 has officially been avaiable since yesterday! However he couldn't give me a link or price of the unit. I wonder if P1 will price it the same as the regular Treo?
    Last edited by Gaurav; 05/26/2004 at 08:51 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    What?!?! I've been waiting patiently and checking in periodically for this? Please tell me palmOne has a real upgrade to the disappointing Treo 600. My old Treo 300 still has a nicer, larger display and better thumbboard.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    What?!?! I've been waiting patiently and checking in periodically for this? Please tell me palmOne has a real upgrade to the disappointing Treo 600. My old Treo 300 still has a nicer, larger display and better thumbboard.

Scott

Scott, I wouldn't call this an upgrade, just a version Sprint will obviously use to target it's enterprise users who cannot use camera phones in their workplace. In fact, Treocentral already reported about a camera-less version way back in March. They were just a month off on the actua release date!

As far as a real upgrade for the Treo, I bet it's gonna be late summer at the earliest before we see anything...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    So far the only software changes that I am aware of is that on from the main phone screen, the right button on the five-way now defaults to "mail" and not "pictures".

I talked to somebody today who has this new Treo, hopefully we will be able to get photos of it soon. I have asked for statements from both Sprint and PalmOne regarding it. I will update the front page when I get more info.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    > ...I talked to somebody today...

In your front-page article you say "your sources" provided the info yet you go on to say you have no confirmation from Sprint nor PalmOne. Given the track record of those nonPalmOne sources (nee Verizon launch?), shouldn't that rumor caveat have been a little more "at the top" - like in the title of the article?

=====

Note - I have no doubt a cameraless TREO 600 is coming - maybe even TODAY! This message is aimed at the nature of the journalism, not the actual article.

And I'd have put it in the "Article Comments" forum if I could have...
    My "sources" are the same sources that originally told us that such a device exists, which has now been proven true, so I think it's fair to listen to them. As per whether it's good journalism, it is of my opinion that, if we cannot get comment from palmone/sprint asap, but I can get confirmation from one of the many people I know, it is fair to mention that we have a third party confirmation at the time.

Here's an article regarding the device from two weeks ago: http://www.alltomhanddatorer.se/nyhe...?id=8122&sid=1 . It's in sweedish so I can't read it, but the author emailed me and explained, "I got this confirmed when I talked to Ed Colligan two weeks ago. However I don't have any pictures. The device is availible to network providers and larger businesses."
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Translation (from http://www.translation-guide.com/fre...ish&to=Swedish ):

------

Now is Treo 600 launch in Sweden and we have gotten a interview with Palmones vice VD Oath Necklace as tell if multi members in Treo - families. Namnproblemen with Pfizer as ägde rights to Treo - appellation solved through and now had Treo 600 launch in Sweden. We have meet Palmones vice VD Oath Necklace as am arriving from Handspring and also is answerable for Palmones ”Wireless” - produce. He am seeing e - post as the absolute main cause for folk that provide a smartphone and in that field fancy he Palm had superb distributes am comparing with competitors. – The find enklare mobile as am mastering of e posthantering , but with operativsystemet Palm OS and Treo 600 offer wes a very agile solution. Self dare all that test Treo 600 anti competitors , for self is convince if that they will transpire to that wes bliss best , says he. IN samband with lanseringen of Treo 600 present also Telia a solution for synchronism of e - post mobile with help of Treo 600 and a connection to enterprise Notes - ors Exchangeserver with help of shareware Onebridge. Then sheep husband e - post to enterprise direct in due course Treo oavsett each husband be located themselves. Future for Treofamiljen and unborn model shall Oath Necklace nots chat if , but he tell if a Treo devoid camera , one renown as obviate on several webbplatser. – We have a camera aberrant of Treo 600 and the am going that order of they operator as shall the. Efterfrågan am not having wherein overpowering , but we have delivered the flat to they American operator Pegs and Joke &T, says he. They as shall had kameralösa model is foremost company as is especially save for that camera ska make that dark data delicious out from enterprise.

------

Giggle.
    I spoke with a PalmOne sales rep at a Sprint Enterprise/Business event a few weeks ago. Treo600 without camera is definitely on its way to us s.o.o.n.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor

<snip>
    ...make that dark data delicious out from enterprise.
    <snip>
    ...my favorite part
    This is nice but I wish this was a real revison of the Treo. Ditch the camera, and make the antenna internal so that we can use all SD card and not just the one's that will fit around the antenna (also boost the power output from the SD card socket...)
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Oath Necklace
    This is "Ed Colligan" in Swedish? Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by snerdy
    This is "Ed Colligan" in Swedish? Wow.
    Lol!

Ain't that a kick!?

Ha ha ha!
    PalmOne's reply to my inquiry:

"We have had requests from carriers and business customers for a camera-less Treo; however, we have not announced any such product."

It's kind of a non-denial if you ask me...

(posted from Treo)
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast