Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I have a cassette adapter that I use with my treo. When I get/make a call I hear the other person through my car speakers and they get to hear me through my treo's phone mic.

The problem is about 1/2 the time the other person complains about a terrible echo and they won't want to talk with me. I thought the new firmware its supposed to have echo cancellation.

How can I activate this feature??

BTW: Sometime the screen button for speakerphone will dissapear and during those times, the others do not complain about the echo. But I have no idea why it sometimes dissapears.

Thanks for your time
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I believe the echo cancelling is with the car kit for the phone, not your setup. The way around this is when the echo occurs, cycle the speaker phone off then back on again. For some reason, this works and I cant give you a technical explanation as to why but it does.

Give it a try

rob
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    I believe the echo cancelling is with the car kit for the phone, not your setup. The way around this is when the echo occurs, cycle the speaker phone off then back on again. For some reason, this works and I cant give you a technical explanation as to why but it does.

Give it a try

rob
    Do you ever find that sometimes the speakerphone button doesn't show up when you connect to the car?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I dont actually have or use the car kit so I cant answer that

rob