1.    #1  
    I am looking for advice / info on which carriers have the best coverage (using a Treo 600) in the southeast - primarily GA. I would like info on experience using the T600 out of larger cities and off major highways where it appears that coverage is about equal with the carriers (T-Mo, Cingular and Sprint).

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I've been using my Treo in the Atlanta area for several months on Sprint and have found very few holes. I've taken it out to my friends' house North of Lake Lanier and had a full set of bars there, too.

With Sprint if you do go out of the service area, and have the roaming option(Free and clear america?) , you roam on the Verizon network, which is about the best there is.

I had Cingular before getting my Treo 600, but that was on their TDMA service, have not been with Cingular since they started converting over to GSM.
    Sprint coverage is great in La., Ms, Ark and Tx. Not just interstates but small towns and major traveled state high-ways.
    Math 6:33 But seek first His righteousness,and all these things will be given to you as well.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    sprint hands down, I just moved back the Bay Area from the South and had both TMobile and Sprint...(driving both ways)

no probs to report with Sprint...HTH
  5.    #5  
    bump
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I have Cingular and a Treo 600 GSM and live near Athens GA, the coverage in NE Georgia is pretty good both in the cities and on the two lane roads as well.
    No problems for me in the Bham, AL area with a Treo 600 and Sprint VI600.
    I travel the whole Southeast (GA, NC, SC, AL, MS, TN) extensively in my gig as a sales rep. I have had service from just about everybody and in fact own a Tmobile phone that I carry as well currently but I far and away have the best overall coverage from Sprint.
    I hate it when somebody has a cooler
    toy than me...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mac
    I travel the whole Southeast (GA, NC, SC, AL, MS, TN) extensively in my gig as a sales rep. I have had service from just about everybody and in fact own a Tmobile phone that I carry as well currently but I far and away have the best overall coverage from Sprint.

The good sprint coverage...is it while using the Treo 600?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillK400
    The good sprint coverage...is it while using the Treo 600?

Thanks!
    Yes. I travel extensively as a sales rep also - everywhere from Chicago metro to little podunk towns in Louisiana. T-mo was fine in MAJOR cities, but as soon as I got out on the highway or in Tiny Town, Louisiana, I had ZERO coverage. None. Nada.

This is why I went back to Sprint. Network is quite reliable. Love them. More importantly, I am completely in love with Voice Command, which I would pay double what I'm paying for to have it.

-billy