1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of any sound effect type midi files I could download as ringtones? There are several "ring ring" type sounds but I'm after more interesting things like the birdsong built in ringtone/alert on the T600.

I know I could record and set up an MP3 of anything as a ringtone - I've done this using Butler and PocketTunes before but I tend to switch SD card or put a whole new set of music on there and forget to leave behind the ringtone one, so that's not much of a solution.

Every search I try for midi files using google tends to lead me back to heaps of pop tunes or classical music. So I'd be grateful if anyone has pointers.
    Checkout the ringtones available at TreoBits (link in my signature). There is a non-music category that might have what you want.
  3.    #3  
    They're the similar to the sort of thing I'm after but nothing took my fancy. I'd like other versions of birdsong, something that sounds like bubbling or dripping water, a cuckoo sound - that kind of thing. I would have thought midi would be capable of doing this.
    You might want to take a look at 3gupload . They have quite a few ringtones and the site is free.